Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IchabodCrane View Post
    Hi Pierre,

All we are doing is hypothesizing based on known facts and circumstances. I believe in my hypotheses, therefore I am convinced of them, until somebody proves me otherwise. That is the measure of science we can apply in the historical sciences also. If no proof is possible, several interpretations may remain valid. The way I see it you are far from any proof (or even strong arguments) that the word Jewes was meant to signify anything other than Jews, so your deductions are as valid as mine, although they are on the more remote side of the probability scale.

Quote:
    The coincidences mean that the intention of the killer was to direct police suspicion towards a Jewish suspect.

What is the source convincing you that you know anything about the "intention" of the killer?

-> There is no source, as we don't have written statements from the killer. We are left with inference from circumstances, and judging the probabilities of too many coincidences.
    I see. Thanks.

Quote:
    Catherine Eddowes did not want to conduct her business there. And he preferred not to get caught.

What is the source convincing you that you know anything about what Eddowes "wanted"?

[B]-> Common sense.
    I see. Thanks.

Yes it exists in post-structuralism also A prostitute seeks a dark corner to conduct her business.

Quote:
    He didn't know how to spell the word correctly.

What is the source convincing you that you know anything about the spelling knowledge of the killer?

->He spelled Jews wrongly (as Juwes), it has been recorded by Long and Halse.
    Halse recorded Juwes. Long wrote "Jewes". Halse noticed the difference in the spelling. You have not answered my question about the spelling knowledge of the killer.

Quote:
    It sounds different than it is spelled. It can be deduced that not only was Jack a gentile but also not very highly educated.

What are the sources convincing you know anything about his religion and education?
    -> There is no source, as we don't know who the killer was. We are left with inference from circumstances, in this case, the wording of the GSG.

Best regards,
    IchabodCrane
    Do you think the GSG goes one way or two ways?

Regards, Pierre

Comment

• Originally posted by Ausgirl View Post
      Omg, I have missed this place.

What new nuttery abounds! I was sitting on the page before Errata (hiya E!) posted this:

.. thinking, OMG, it's all about the cursive lettering, isn't it. And then voila, there's Errata. Spooky, as ever.
      Muahahahaaa
      The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
        and everyone else does not.
        And I can hardly blame them.

Mainly because, even for a slightly stupid policeman in dire need of bifocals, surely it would be quite difficult to mistake a "w" for "dg". There's round bits. There's hangy bits. They don't look alike at all.

May as well claim they are the men who will not be "bladged" for nothing.

Dare I ask what stunning new theory this is all in aid of?

Comment

Mainly because, even for a slightly stupid policeman in dire need of bifocals, surely it would be quite difficult to mistake a "w" for "dg". There's round bits. There's hangy bits. They don't look alike at all.

hi
          we have not been told, other than the killer is "a police official".

steve

Comment

Well may you ask the theory this aids.

But please don't hold your breath for an answer.

Most theorists are happy to tell you their suspect some welcome he criticism that follows, Pierre appears to love the mystery, what conclusions you draw are up to you.
            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
              hi
              we have not been told, other than the killer is "a police official".

steve
              Well I'll be bladged.

I hope it's Abberline.

Comment

Well I'll be bladged.

I hope it's Abberline.
                Maybe, it won't be Arnold as he's just claimed he's a reliable source on another thread lol
                You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

• Originally posted by packers stem View Post
                  Maybe, it won't be Arnold as he's just claimed he's a reliable source on another thread lol
                  Unless he's deduced that Arnold wanted to be caught. I mean who is more reliable than someone begging, granted in a pretty subtle way if its Arnold, to be put away for their crimes?
                  I’m often irrelevant. It confuses people.

Comment

Well I'll be bladged.

I hope it's Abberline.

Ausgirl,

Apparently, the individual concerned may have lived in a mansion at some stage, felt wronged by the establishment, the name Jack had a meaning for him, was educated, wrote Latin, also did the torso murders. He was at least in his thirties, was organised and not "mad" and just stopped because he had achieved what ever it was he wanted.
                    That I thing covers most of the hints we have been given over the last few months.

I am sure if I have got any Wrong, Pierre will let us know.

regards

Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
                      Ausgirl,

Apparently, the individual concerned may have lived in a mansion at some stage, felt wronged by the establishment, the name Jack had a meaning for him, was educated, wrote Latin, also did the torso murders. He was at least in his thirties, was organised and not "mad" and just stopped because he had achieved what ever it was he wanted.
                      That I thing covers most of the hints we have been given over the last few months.

I am sure if I have got any Wrong, Pierre will let us know.

regards

Steve

Unless the ideas were dropped- JtR came in to Mary Kelly's room through a door in the partition wall instead of through the court and the reason for killing her was indirect revenge on the Lord Mayor. Don't remember if it was indirect revenge on the office generally or Whitehead specifically.
                      I’m often irrelevant. It confuses people.

Comment

• Thanks for the summary, Steve.

It all seems very tiresome.

Comment

Thanks for the summary, Steve.

indeed

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaggyrand View Post

Unless the ideas were dropped- JtR came in to Mary Kelly's room through a door in the partition wall instead of through the court and the reason for killing her was indirect revenge on the Lord Mayor. Don't remember if it was indirect revenge on the office generally or Whitehead specifically.
                            Shaggyrand

yes, well there is alot to remember.

Steve

Comment

Thanks for the summary, Steve.

Sounds about right.

He also has high level data (for whatever that eans) to support his theory, said suspect he declines to name.

H also detest writer's on the topic, though just lately I notice he quotes them a fair bit.
                              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaggyrand View Post

You have forgotten that while totally destroying Mary's remains, he took the trouble to place her arm and hand into a position reminiscent of a picture of one of the Tudor/Elizabethan Mary's (most likely Mary I or "Bloody Mary" though it may have been Mary, Queen of Scots) and that this involved a reference to a fifth rate dramatic verse play by Lord Tennyson that I forced myself to read to try to figure out what was going on. With all this in my mind I have kept from responding to Pierre's threads most of the last few weeks, which are proliferating again.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                                X