• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert
    replied
    Monty and Rob

I have some bad news for you.

Whatever it was that you were going to publish...

Well...

That M.R. James bloke got in before you.

Leave a comment:

• Monty
    replied
    Massively frustrating Mike, hence our reaction.

I shall take your post the way it was intended and extend good wishes.

No need to prolong.

Many thanks
    Monty

Leave a comment:

• The Good Michael
    replied
    If it's disheartening and disappointing, that's a shame. I didn't realize the frustration you were going through. Truthfully, I haven't been around here often and was just in the UK for a month with no computer or communication (it was brilliant). You know of course that I was just playing about as I do.

Anyway, thanks for the work.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• Monty
    replied
    Mike,

Rob and I have worked on this for over a year, and its been a fecking frustrating year.

We have been trying to balance the wishes of CoLP with the want to getting it out in the community.

You think we enjoyed sitting on this?

So to read your post and note its tone, joking or not, is disappointing and disheartening.

We asked for patience, and understanding. Obviously that's to much for some.

For those who have been patient, Rob and I thank you. And we also thank those who have supported us, its truly appreciated.

Monty

Leave a comment:

• The Good Michael
    replied
    Rob,

Attack on your character? That's hilarious. You're right.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• Rob Clack
    replied
    An attack on me and Neils character. Yeah that's hilarious.

Rob

Leave a comment:

• The Good Michael
    replied
    Monty,

It was a joke. When have I ever really cared enough about such things to insult you or Rob? You guys do a great job around here... whether or not you think it's your job.

Cheers,

Mike, the Wally

Leave a comment:

• Rob Clack
    replied
    Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
    In Ripperology, Wally comes from Wall Evidence. A Wally is then someone who promises wall evidence and then leaves everyone hanging. Not saying that's what 'Wally' means in this particular conversation however.

Mike
    Whats your point? You and everybody else knows Rip is being published tomorrow so why not post something stupid then?

Rob

Leave a comment:

• Monty
    replied
    Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
    In Ripperology, Wally comes from Wall Evidence. A Wally is then someone who promises wall evidence and then leaves everyone hanging. Not saying that's what 'Wally' means in this particular conversation however.

Mike
    Are you referring to me Mike? Or Rob?

Or is it a case of engaging fingers before putting brain into gear?

Monty

Leave a comment:

• The Good Michael
    replied

Mike

Leave a comment:

• Abby Normal
    replied
    Originally posted by Archaic View Post
    Hi Steven, thank you for the definition.

I guess "wally" is used in the same way that we in the States say "What a Bozo!" (as in Bozo the Clown.)

Best regards,
    Archaic
    Hi Archaic
    I grew up in maryland and Wally was another term for nerd. most commonly used against kids in the marching band (called band wallys.)

Leave a comment:

• ChrisGeorge
    replied
    Originally posted by Jason View Post
    when is the Ripperoloist magazine being published this month so i can see what has been found ? or does eveyone else know what it is already ?
    Hi all

Patience, everyone. Adam has indicated that the issue should be published tomorrow, Tuesday, August 7.

Best regards

Chris

Leave a comment:

• Lechmere
    replied
    A wally is a slang term for a pickled gherkin.
    It is also rude term of abuse in the East End for Jewish people.
    As in 'wally nose'.
    I suspect the term is no longer in currency with that meaning.

Leave a comment:

• Monty
    replied
    I'm sure Adam will issue as soon as he can Jason.

Monty

Leave a comment:

• Rob Clack
    replied
    Originally posted by Jason View Post
    when is the Ripperoloist magazine being published this month so i can see what has been found ? or does eveyone else know what it is already ?
    Since Rip hasn't been published yet then obviously nobody knows what it is yet. Except those who have helped with the article.

Rob

Leave a comment:

Working...
X