• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ally
    replied
    Originally posted by Monty View Post
    I

And for what its worth, Karen Trenouth was consulted before Ally.

Monty

Well ...Ouch.

See if I let you be basement gimp now.

Leave a comment:

• Monty
    replied
    Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
    LOL. So now I've been cast down with the pub talk gadflies, is that it? I'm just a hanger-on? A couple of days ago you threaten to 'tell teacher' on me, and for no good reason, and now - after I sing your praises and try to repair the damage - you completely marginalize my contributions to and place in the field. You've been brainwashed, my friend. This is not the same Monty from years ago. And Ally's apparently one of the 'much respected people' you showed the photo to. I'm sure she had much insight to offer, given her Ripperological credentials. She's certainly quick to jump to your defense. Hmmm.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
    I apologise Tom,

You have had it rough lately. The fact Philip didn't come seek your opinion upon his discovery of the Dutfields Yard photo still grates. The lack of council sort with you over Jakes recons of Berner Street for The Definitive documentary obviously is still sore...and now Rob and I have dared not to turn to you.

You are a fine researcher and writer Tom, however you deal in kudos and praise. You seek and you distribute it, its your dollar. You balance the sarcasm with the false worship, and wonder why I'm such a cynic.

The day you realise its not about who finds what or the faux praise but rather what is found is the day you will find peace.

And for what its worth, Karen Trenouth was consulted before Ally.

As was Diddles and Sir Robert Anderson via Gypsy Rosa, Clairvoyant to the stars including Danny La Rue.

Monty

Leave a comment:

• Ally
    replied
    Uh huh. You keep talking straight and we'll keep pretending we believe you.

Leave a comment:

• Tom_Wescott
    replied
    You mean too much of a good thing? I suppose you're right.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Leave a comment:

• Ally
    replied
    Don't be silly Tom. Everyone knows the attention of girls is the last thing you want.

Leave a comment:

• Tom_Wescott
    replied
    I was just jealous of the attention he's been getting from you and wanted some myself. Not able to get positive attention, I turned to negative as my only recourse. And it worked!

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Leave a comment:

• Ally
    replied
    And Ally's apparently one of the 'much respected people' you showed the photo to.
    I am?

I'm sure she had much insight to offer, given her Ripperological credentials. She's certainly quick to jump to your defense. Hmmm.
    Oh that's just because he's jockeying for position to be my next basement slave. Only I have the right to punish my gimps.

Actually, I jump to the defense of those who deserve it and who are in the right. Something I realize you would have no experience with, seeing as how you've never once found yourself in that position.

As evidenced by you complaining about Monty attacking you without cause and yet you turn right around and drag someone else, me, into it.

Quite a man you are.
    Last edited by Ally; 05-17-2012, 07:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tom_Wescott
    replied
    Things that make you go Hmmmm...

Originally posted by Monty
    I learnt James likes to expose private messages and you get a kick from that.

Other than that the status remains and we carry on.

I wish James all the best with his find, if indeed that is what it is. It will certainly give the talkers such as yourself something to chat about.
    LOL. So now I've been cast down with the pub talk gadflies, is that it? I'm just a hanger-on? A couple of days ago you threaten to 'tell teacher' on me, and for no good reason, and now - after I sing your praises and try to repair the damage - you completely marginalize my contributions to and place in the field. You've been brainwashed, my friend. This is not the same Monty from years ago. And Ally's apparently one of the 'much respected people' you showed the photo to. I'm sure she had much insight to offer, given her Ripperological credentials. She's certainly quick to jump to your defense. Hmmm.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Leave a comment:

• The Good Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by Monty View Post

For a minute there I thought you wrote 'expose private massages' and then realized it was James you were talking about and not John (Travolta).

Mike

Leave a comment:

• Monty
    replied
    Oh yes Tom,

Other than that the status remains and we carry on.

I wish James all the best with his find, if indeed that is what it is. It will certainly give the talkers such as yourself something to chat about.

In the meantime, I've doing stuff to do.

Monty

Leave a comment:

• Tom_Wescott
    replied
    Hi Monty. You got that right. Hopefully you learned something from that. But I meant what I said regarding photos. That's definitely your and Rob's forte.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Leave a comment:

• Monty
    replied
    Mr. Hall,

That must have been quite a PM! Don't take it all so personally. It shouldn't be a surprise to you that Monty or the rest of us are curious to see a photograph you have. While I found your response to Monty hilarious and personally gratifying, and I admire that you won't be intimidated, the truth is that Monty and Rob Clack have a pretty good history with photographic finds in this field and we have all benefited from their work and will no doubt continue to do so. I must admit that if I had a photo in my possession that I thought was something significant, I would want to get it researched and verified, and I would probably reach out to Monty and Rob for that purpose.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
    Gotta get your kicks anyway you can Tom

Monty

Leave a comment:

• Phil Carter
    replied
    Originally posted by DGB View Post
    Toynbee

I do believe you could've handled the situation better, but you've acknowledged that.

I think it's important for the community that the photo (or at least information about it) is shared, so we can understand what it means for the field.
    Ditto Dave

best wishes

Phil

Leave a comment:

• Ally
    replied
    Originally posted by DGB View Post
    Toynbee

I do believe you could've handled the situation better, but you've acknowledged that.

I think it's important for the community that the photo (or at least information about it) is shared, so we can understand what it means for the field.
    No he didn't. Go back and read his post. He deleted the part where he admits his wrongdoing.

Dont' worry about it. The people who lack pride will be lining up to play his game, which is exactly what he wants, and eventually he'll publish it when he's gotten enough ego stroking to make it worth his while. It's not going to be on here because we didn't lick his boots sufficiently, but there are magazines and other places.

If he even has a photo. He enjoys the game playing and he isn't going to show it till he gets enough attention out of it.
    Last edited by Ally; 05-17-2012, 02:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ally
    replied
    Bye now and do come back when you've grown up a bit and can interact like an adult.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X