Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Observer View Post
    Hi

Thanks for that. So there is at least one other very interesting photo out there not on general view to the public. I wonder how many more there are ?

Regards

Observer

Observer
    Hi Observer,

There is an interior shot of the buildings too!

Regards.

Comment

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Monty
      Hi Toynbee,

I note on the new wall writing thread that you mention an 1892 photo.

As Rob and I are investigating all avenues I must confess this is new to me.

I'd be grateful if you can nudge me in the right direction. However, I will understand if you do not wish to, and that's fine.

Just that it would help.

Kind regards
      Neil

Answered by PM.

Regards
      Toynbee.

Comment

Originally posted by toynbee View Post
        Quote:
        Hi Toynbee,

I'd be grateful if you can nudge me in the right direction. However, I will understand if you do not wish to, and that's fine.

Just that it would help.

Kind regards
        Neil

Answered by PM.

Regards
        Toynbee.
        And I find it amazing that you ignore everything I have ever posted on here yet you send me a private message asking for my help!

Comment

James,

If we are going to out a Private Message then lets do it properly.

Hi Toynbee,

Just that it would help.

Kind regards
          Neil

Hello Neil,

Nice to meet you on hear!

I realise that we are talking about two totally different photos.

The coincidence with the timings mentioned just struck me but these strange coincidences happen quite often with these studies.

I can confirm that I own the photo I mentioned and it is part of a collection.

Kind regards
          T.
          Hi Toynbee,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm confused, which happens often.

I'd like to explore all avenues, to or from, and this photo you mention does interest me.

Can you point me in the direction of the article you mention?

Many thanks
          Neil
          Obviously Ive annoyed you.

To out a private message, without the consent of the other party concerned is poor form Im afraid. It just goes to show the measure of you as a researcher and a person.

I have never ignored everthing you have ever posted and, in fact, have tried to help where I can. As I have done with everyone if I can.

It is obvious that we are talking of differing photos, so your paranoia is unfounded.

I wish you well with whatever you have, if anything, and note that you are not worthy of my trust.....as Im sure others will also note after reading this.

Best wishes
          Monty
          Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

I missed something. What I read is that Toynbee was wondering if the information possessed has anything to do with an 1892 photo that he owns, and that, to his knowledge, hasn't been posted before.

Unless I missed a PM, I don't see anything wrong here... aside from the posting of a PM which seems awkward rather than something spiteful.

Maybe I'm missing something?

Mike
            huh?

Comment

Yeah, youre missing something Michael.

Monty
              Monty

Comment

Monty or Robert.

If I could ask a quick question without trying to weasel anything out of you that you've promised not to disclose. You mentioned that the graffito picture was found in tandem with another picture of one of the murder sites--is this other picture one that has been previously published?

If you can answer, great, if not, that's okay too.

Thanks.
                “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

Originally posted by Magpie View Post
                  Monty or Robert.

If I could ask a quick question without trying to weasel anything out of you that you've promised not to disclose. You mentioned that the graffito picture was found in tandem with another picture of one of the murder sites--is this other picture one that has been previously published?

If you can answer, great, if not, that's okay too.

Thanks.
                  Hi Magpie,

If we give everything away, you wont have anything get all swooney over.

Seriously, we cannot clarify that at the moment.

Monty
                  Monty

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
                    Yeah, youre missing something Michael.

Monty
                    Neil,

Thanks. I hate being in the know about everything.

Mike
                    huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
                      Neil,

Thanks. I hate being in the know about everything.

Mike

The point is that a Private Message is entirely that. James broke that.

Its dissapointing.

Monty
                      Monty

Comment

• Originally posted by Monty View Post
                        Hi Magpie,

If we give everything away, you wont have anything get all swooney over.

Seriously, we cannot clarify that at the moment.

Monty
                        Fair enough. I shall bide my swooniness to the appropriate juncture...
                        “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

• I can confirm that I own the photo I mentioned and it is part of a collection.

Kind regards
                          T.
                          Hi Toynbee

It seems that you're saying that you own a photo, that's not the new picture that we're discussing here, but that has never been seen before.

Obviously we all know why Neil's and Rob's can't yet be opened up to the boards, if I've read correctly, yours can't either. I wondered why that is. Can you enlighten us?

Regardless, two new photos is exciting for all. Well done on your discoveries.

Cheers

DavidGB

Comment

• Originally posted by DGB View Post
                            Hi Toynbee

It seems that you're saying that you own a photo, that's not the new picture that we're discussing here, but that has never been seen before.

Obviously we all know why Neil's and Rob's can't yet be opened up to the boards, if I've read correctly, yours can't either. I wondered why that is. Can you enlighten us?

Regardless, two new photos is exciting for all. Well done on your discoveries.

Cheers

DavidGB
                            Hi David,

Thank you for showing interest in the photo that I mention.

For the moment I have been put off chatting and need some time.

Kindest regards.
                            Last edited by toynbee; 05-17-2012, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• Hello all,

I am intruiged. An announcement of a collection, previously publically unknown, with content that is certainly unknown, yet to be made public but under consideration for public viewing.

Just how many secret 'collections' containing potential historically important knowledge exist? The underground unknown to only a few.

Perhaps someone who has contact with this undergound network can persuade those holding other material to let it see the light of day?

No doubt this pie-in-the-sky simple request is just too hard for the secret collection mob to comprehend. Its simple.

Keeping stuff back serves no purpose, however it was obtained or how much it cost. REAL contribution to history can ONLY be made through openess, without any form of deception or playing keepsie.

Neil, Rob, I thank you for your open attitude. It is a breath of well-timed fresh air in this ever so secret genre. Despite my (imo) innocent questions, I will look forward to your revelations in their entirety. The alternative, example herewith above in this post, is FAR less palatable.

Best wishes

Phil
                              Last edited by Phil Carter; 05-17-2012, 01:20 PM.
                              Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                              Accountability? ....

Comment

• Originally posted by toynbee View Post
                                Hi David,

Thank you for showing interest in the photo that I mention.

To be honest I was really exited and looking forward to announcing and sharing the discovery of these images with those interested but realise I have done it all wrong!

For the moment I have been put off chatting and need some time.

The unpublished images do exist in my collection.

Kindest regards.
                                I have had a look through your posting history. About a year ago you came on the site and tried to get people interested in a 1890 GYB photo. No one knew what you were talking about and assumed you were confused. Now it appears you are saying you owned this photo the entire time, and were merely playing games??

So you come on the forums, attempting to stir people's interest in this photo, that, for all we know, does not exist? How precisely could we know it exists if it is in your private collection? Then you get mad, because no one shows any interest in a photo that for all they know does not exist and you are merely confusing with another.

Yes, you have gone about it all wrong. If you had a photo, rather than playing games, you should have just stated that you had a photo and people would have been happy to help. You have gone about this in a completely confusing bass-ackward way and are mad at the results.

If you wanted help identifying a photo or wanted people to be interested in it, you should have just state straight out what you were talking about, rather than trying this completely round-about and confusing method of getting the word out there.

Let all Oz be agreed;
                                I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Working...
                                X