No announcement yet.

The new Wall Writing photo discovery – a joint statement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally, I think it would be a good idea if this thread was closed. It would appear that Rob and Neil are engaged in something on the delicate side with the City of London Police museum, that the museum have their own and no doubt excellent reasons for withholding the material, and that further discussion and speculation is not going to help anyone. Just my opinion.

Comment

Hello Paul,

Actually, as it stands, I agree with your opinion. Whilst it is open it invites speculation, innocent or not. From all.

best wishes

Phil
      Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
      Accountability? ....

Comment

I think this thread should stay open as a sort of contest: What is the photo of?

Whoever gets the closest to what it is, date, place, writing... can win a ... a something. Monty and Rob can just stay silent about. So, we don't ask questions. We just make guesses.

Mike
        huh?

Comment

It will only be replaced by another.

Monty
          Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Monty and Rob,

You should consider posting a photo of Ally. I'm sure that would shut down discussion on all other photos for a while.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
              The photo, which I suspect Toynebee refers to, is the 1890s shot of George yard (Gunthorpe St) which appears is Richard Jones Uncovering Jack the Ripper and on his website.

Its not hush hush.

Also it has nothing to do with the new wall writing photo.

And its not about ownership, again, its about doing things properly.

Monty
              Hi,

Monty,

The photo I was referring to is not this one you mention above.

There is a photo exist of the murder location of Martha Tabram at George Yard Buildings believed to date from 1892.

It has nothing to do with this new wall writing photo as you say.

Perhaps I should start a new discussion about it.

Kind regards.

Comment

There is a photo exist of the murder location of Martha Tabram at George Yard Buildings believed to date from 1892.

It has nothing to do with this new wall writing photo as you say.

Perhaps I should start a new discussion about it.
                And if you look back, you will observe that it was this photo, not the newly disclosed one, that I was interested in...

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
                  We can do this one of numerous ways.

1) Release without the consent of the City of London Police. This may result in a lack of co-operation, out of wariness, from the said force for future generations of researchers. Believe me, our collective reputation, thanks to the actions of others, isnt too great as it stands today.

2) Demand the City of London Police give their consent and now. Again, this will result in the above and damage any possible future research,

or

3) We talk, arrange and come to a mutual agreement of release which pleases all concerned and enables us (and those that will follow us) to progress this case if we can.

We have a responsibility to the field. Impatient demanding, unreasonable expectation or unbased speculation will only damage.

If this happens then I will tell you this, it wont be Rob and I who is responsible.

So again, lets please keep our heads and quit the speculating till all is out.

And ALL will be out.

Cheers
                  Monty
                  Hi Monty.

I just wanted to say that I feel you and Rob are going about this in an entirely correct, responsible, and honorable way.

You have my respect as well as my full support.

Apparently the one way I can really help you two in your effort to properly research and then publish the new find
                  is to wait patiently without speculating or pestering you, and this I promise to do.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Best regards,
                  Archaic

Comment

Thanks Bun.

Rob

Comment

Thank you Bun,

I must say that on the whole everyone has been excellent, and we are grateful for that.

It enables us to focus on the task at hand, which is the most important thing.

Monty
                      Monty

Comment

Hi All,

I think speculation was inevitable but, in the circumstances, unhelpful. We have no choice but to wait and see. Rob and Neil, good luck!

Regards, Bridewell.
                        I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
                          And if you look back, you will observe that it was this photo, not the newly disclosed one, that I was interested in...

Dave
                          Hi Dave

I likewise. And, at this moment in time, considering Toynbee's latest post, this one is also out of bounds.

Regards

Observer

Comment

Originally posted by Monty
                            I must say that on the whole everyone has been excellent, and we are grateful for that.
                            Don't mention it.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post

Dave
                              Hi Dave,

Its not my fault you're not interested in the Victorian photo of the GYB murder location, I didn't ask you to.

I like it, i'm not really concerned with the lack of interest on here.

Regards.
                              Last edited by toynbee; 05-17-2012, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                                Don't mention it.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                                Yep, on the whole.

Monty
                                Monty

Comment

Working...
                                X