Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crawford Letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by packers stem View Post
    Of all the houses in all the streets you had to walk into mine .....

    None of us know who was or was not involved in the ripper crimes at the moment so jumping the gun a bit there Steve .
    Had he rented a house from the Kosminsky family you would be all over this like a rash .

    It proves a link between the Gull and Crawford families .
    All we know is that Crawford was rather coy and careful in his wording so we can not have any idea who he was talking about but clearly a friend of the family in my opinion .
    I mean it must have been a friend who held him in confidence .

    I know you love your coincidences Steve .
    Sometimes in life , just sometimes , things aren't
    Reckon Gull knew who Jack the Ripper was.

    Have no doubt that he put the idea in WE Gladstone's mind that Jack was actually conducting research that would be of benefit to the greater good.
    My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by packers stem View Post
      Of all the houses in all the streets you had to walk into mine .....

      None of us know who was or was not involved in the ripper crimes at the moment so jumping the gun a bit there Steve .
      Had he rented a house from the Kosminsky family you would be all over this like a rash .

      It proves a link between the Gull and Crawford families .
      All we know is that Crawford was rather coy and careful in his wording so we can not have any idea who he was talking about but clearly a friend of the family in my opinion .
      I mean it must have been a friend who held him in confidence .

      I know you love your coincidences Steve .
      Sometimes in life , just sometimes , things aren't

      What you are missing Nick is that Gull is not a credible suspect, only in the fantasy theories and movies is he such.

      It's not about coincidence, because Gull is Not linked to the murders by any evidence at all.
      And for any "link"to be interesting, other than of pure coincidence, one must believe Gull is somehow involved in the murders.
      Buying or renting something from a relative of someone does not form a link, unless you are desperately looking for one, no matter how tenuous.

      The only "link" is that Crawford sent a letter to Anderson.

      Of course if you have evidence that links Gull to the murders, I am sure we would all love to hear it.



      Steve

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
        What you are missing Nick is that Gull is not a credible suspect, only in the fantasy theories and movies is he such.

        It's not about coincidence, because Gull is Not linked to the murders by any evidence at all.
        And for any "link"to be interesting, other than of pure coincidence, one must believe Gull is somehow involved in the murders.
        Buying or renting something from a relative of someone does not form a link, unless you are desperately looking for one, no matter how tenuous.

        The only "link" is that Crawford sent a letter to Anderson.

        Of course if you have evidence that links Gull to the murders, I am sure we would all love to hear it.



        Steve
        Steve , your logic is badly flawed here mate .
        You may not like the royal theory .
        That's your choice , the same as with any other theory , and neither is it for me .
        But I won't bury my head, stamp my feet and ignore any independent information that may come to light .
        This is INDEPENDENT information .It's got nothing to do with Knight ,Joseph Sickert etc.
        It is completely separate information about a previously named suspect (whether you like it or not that is the case ) .
        Liking the theory is irrelevant .
        Had 74 Brook Street belonged to any other previously put forward suspect such as Druitt Maybrick , I would have pointed it out in exactly the same way .... I would have found it of interest that the person who wrote the letter has a provable link to a previously named suspect
        I'm not sure what you're struggling with here .Are you trying to say that if a new document was found from an impeccable source that directly incriminated Gull you would just refuse to accept it because you don't like the previous theory ??
        You can lead a horse to water.....

        Comment


        • #34
          Sir William Gull as a suspect is a non-starter.

          The Times, 30th January 1890—

          “We regret to announce that Sir William Gull died at half-past 12 yesterday at his residence, 74, Brook-street, London, from paralysis. Sir William was seized with a severe attack of paralysis just over two years ago while staying at Urrard, Killiecrankie, and never sufficiently recovered to resume his practice.
          Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
            Sir William Gull as a suspect is a non-starter.

            The Times, 30th January 1890—

            “We regret to announce that Sir William Gull died at half-past 12 yesterday at his residence, 74, Brook-street, London, from paralysis. Sir William was seized with a severe attack of paralysis just over two years ago while staying at Urrard, Killiecrankie, and never sufficiently recovered to resume his practice.
            He's not my favourite suspect Simon
            I would ask the question though, was his physical condition such that that had a corpse been placed in front of him in a room would he have been physically capable of carrying out organ removal ?
            I suspect the answer to that would be probably yes
            Of course ,it's even then highly unlikely.

            My aim here was to merely point out that there is a link between the Crawford family and a previously named suspect that nobody seems to have picked up on

            Regards
            Nick
            You can lead a horse to water.....

            Comment


            • #36
              Gull's stroke resulted in hemiplegia—limited feeling in his right side, so I doubt he'd have been of much use in the removal of organs.
              Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by packers stem View Post
                Steve , your logic is badly flawed here mate .
                You may not like the royal theory .
                That's your choice , the same as with any other theory , and neither is it for me .
                But I won't bury my head, stamp my feet and ignore any independent information that may come to light .
                This is INDEPENDENT information .It's got nothing to do with Knight ,Joseph Sickert etc.
                It is completely separate information about a previously named suspect (whether you like it or not that is the case ) .
                Liking the theory is irrelevant .
                Had 74 Brook Street belonged to any other previously put forward suspect such as Druitt Maybrick , I would have pointed it out in exactly the same way .... I would have found it of interest that the person who wrote the letter has a provable link to a previously named suspect
                I'm not sure what you're struggling with here .Are you trying to say that if a new document was found from an impeccable source that directly incriminated Gull you would just refuse to accept it because you don't like the previous theory ??

                I am not struggling Nick, I am at a loss to see how there can be a MEANINGFUL link regarding the murders from Crawford who wrote a letter to Anderson(Crawford's link to murder) to Gull, who as Simon so clearly points out was incapable of being involved.
                His only link, like it or not, is the sullying of his name, in one of the most fanciful theories ever proposed. One that has been fully discredited.
                In reality there is no link from Gull to the murders.

                Of course if you merely mean an historical link between Gulls son In law, not him and Crawford then of course that is true and an interesting coincidence, but no more.


                I really don't see what point you are hoping to make.
                Unless you can show a really link from Gull or his family to the murders, or for that matter even a speculative link.



                Steve

                Comment


                • #38
                  I wonder if this letter has any links to Donald Swanson's "Hot Potato"?

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by busy beaver View Post
                    i wonder if this letter has any links to donald swanson's "hot potato"?
                    good days, no doubt some of my favorites, the scriptures of your authority are an artwork i declare your fans number 1.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Elamarna View Post


                      I am not struggling Nick, I am at a loss to see how there can be a MEANINGFUL link regarding the murders from Crawford who wrote a letter to Anderson(Crawford's link to murder) to Gull, who as Simon so clearly points out was incapable of being involved.
                      His only link, like it or not, is the sullying of his name, in one of the most fanciful theories ever proposed. One that has been fully discredited.
                      In reality there is no link from Gull to the murders.

                      Of course if you merely mean an historical link between Gulls son In law, not him and Crawford then of course that is true and an interesting coincidence, but no more.


                      I really don't see what point you are hoping to make.
                      Unless you can show a really link from Gull or his family to the murders, or for that matter even a speculative link.



                      Steve
                      A speculative link has been made by Patricia Cornwell between Sickert and Gull, Florence Pash, George Lewis and the death of Lydia Manton (who was rumored to have been having an affair with Prince Eddy) leading to Gull's name being passed by Sickert down to Joseph Gorman.

                      JM

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Hi BB,

                        That would be James Monro's 'Hot Potato.'

                        Onto other matters.

                        Lydia Manton died from allegedly imbibing a large quantity of carbolic acid, a substance which everybody keeps under the sink. She had been having an affair with Prince Eddy, who had a terminal case of le pox royale, and it wouldn't have been the biggest surprise in the world to learn that Lydia had it also.

                        Regards,

                        Simon
                        Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X