Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Historical Xmas present

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
    In no recorded version is Jew spelled correctly Darryl. I don't believe that if the police thought it supportive of Jews that they would order the erasure so quickly.
    It was very easy to misunderstand the GSG. There was a word written on the wall which could be interpreted as "Jews" and there was a population of Jews living in that area.

    The misunderstanding has been reproduced into our own time.

    Pierre

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Pierre View Post
      It was very easy to misunderstand the GSG. There was a word written on the wall which could be interpreted as "Jews" and there was a population of Jews living in that area.

      The misunderstanding has been reproduced into our own time.
      Hi Pierre

      It doesn`t really matter what people have since made of the writing, the fact is that Arnold and Warren thought it would lead to problems in the area if the writing was left untouched till daylight.

      That is the historical record.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
        Hi Pierre

        It doesn`t really matter what people have since made of the writing, the fact is that Arnold and Warren thought it would lead to problems in the area if the writing was left untouched till daylight.

        That is the historical record.
        History is a product made from sources, so what you say now is history. But history and the past are not the same. History is not the past. Sources are left to us from the past but we make history using these sources.

        What you call a fact is established on specific sources. Historians establish facts on sources. Who established what you are saying now?

        Comment


        • #49
          It obviously falls to me to articulate what everyone else is thinking: "I am so excited by the prospect of this present".

          I honestly don't know how I am going to contain myself until this source is revealed. Will it be of a low to medium high validity like the Gogmagog source (pre Xmas 2015) or of very low validity like the Gogmagog source (post Xmas 2015)? Will it be as good as the mustard tin with the killer's name in it? Will it even reach the heights of the biological explanatory variable which confirmed that those who thought JTR had a mental problem were right but then turned out to be wrong?

          What particularly excites me is the knowledge that the source contains false statements and will thus trick the unwary into thinking that Pierre's theory is mistaken when, of course, we will have to read it as saying the exact opposite.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
            It obviously falls to me to articulate what everyone else is thinking: "I am so excited by the prospect of this present".

            I honestly don't know how I am going to contain myself until this source is revealed. Will it be of a low to medium high validity like the Gogmagog source (pre Xmas 2015) or of very low validity like the Gogmagog source (post Xmas 2015)? Will it be as good as the mustard tin with the killer's name in it? Will it even reach the heights of the biological explanatory variable which confirmed that those who thought JTR had a mental problem were right but then turned out to be wrong?

            What particularly excites me is the knowledge that the source contains false statements and will thus trick the unwary into thinking that Pierre's theory is mistaken when, of course, we will have to read it as saying the exact opposite.
            Very easy to answer, David. It has the highest validity possible.

            Comment


            • #51
              I cannot physically be more excited.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
                I cannot physically be more excited.
                Irrelevant.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Pierre View Post
                  Who established what you are saying now?
                  Arnold and Warren.
                  Looking forward to seeing your source

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Pierre View Post
                    The writing found on the wall in Goulston Street on the night of the double event 1888 has been the subject for discussion for a long time. During this time it has been misinterpreted and misunderstood.

                    There has also been a discussion about whether the Whitechapel killer wrote it or not. If he did - why did he write it? What did he want to say?

                    You will get a small historical Xmas present soon. The present will explain the Goulston Street Graffito.

                    Regards, Pierre
                    Wasting your time, Pierre. I solved this one last year (see my brillaint 'History vs. Maybrick' thread).

                    Hey - the light's not bad here too, it seems!

                    Ike
                    Iconoclast
                    Soldier of Fortune, Man of Peace, Destroyer of Images, Nice Guy, Genius

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Iconoclast View Post
                      Wasting your time, Pierre. I solved this one last year (see my brillaint 'History vs. Maybrick' thread).

                      Hey - the light's not bad here too, it seems!

                      Ike
                      Hi Ike,

                      Thanks for sharing the idea that you have solved the GSG. I read your thread. Here is a quote from it:

                      "Maybrick wrote the Goulston Street graffito as a taunting clue, but he not unreasonably wrote it cryptically as he clearly had no intention of being caught. He had the gallows to face if he was too reckless, so not unreasonably he would have taken care not to be so. He wanted the excitement of the act, without the risk of the consequences. That was his right to do so, and he exercised it and exercised it rather well. His purpose was to place himself firmly into the crime scene without actually making it so obvious that anyone who knew him would identify him through it. He used cryptology and – in so doing – he rather splendidly fooled the all-too literal world of Ripperology for well over a hundred years.

                      And so the Maybrick name is writ large upon it

                      For those who are familiar with the Harrison and Feldman works, the word ‘Juwes’ – complete with leading capital – has been interpreted as James Maybrick’s cryptic attempt to enter his own name into the case, something which the journal supports with the line ‘If they are to insist that I am a Jew then a Jew I shall be’."

                      If you do not mind, I must say that this is not correct. There was a real reason for the GSG. You will soon have it.

                      Best wishes, Pierre

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Iconoclast View Post
                        Wasting your time, Pierre. I solved this one last year (see my brillaint 'History vs. Maybrick' thread).

                        Hey - the light's not bad here too, it seems!

                        Ike
                        If that were the case, you wouldn't be here.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Just out of idle curiosity, what's happened to this early Christmas present? Has it got lost in the Post? Or has it been delivered and I've somehow missed it?
                          Last edited by John G; 12-23-2016, 12:13 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by John G View Post
                            Just out of idle curiosity, what's happened to this early Christmas present? Has it got lost in the Post? Or has it been delivered and I've somehow missed it?
                            Ask David if he knows who Jack the Ripper was.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              He might not have given us a Christmas present but at least Pierre isn't obsessed with me.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Best Christmas present would be if he went away and stopped the childish "I know something you dont".

                                The clown claims to be an academic..... well that's not how any academic I know works.
                                G U T

                                There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X