Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only 8 more business wake up days ( how I tend to judge time.. oh working is such fun) till I get to white knuckle a plane ride!!!

Still think I am taking the morning tour of Camden yards on Friday if anyone would like to join me... and Sat night going to see the Baltimore Vs. Tampa game!!! I know of a few who will be joining me for that, but hey if anyone else wants to let me know...

looking forward to a great time, and can't wait to meet some of you folks

Steadmund Brand
    "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
      What influence did Richard Mansfield's "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde," which was being performed at the Lyceum Theatre in the West End during the "Autumn of Terror" of 1888, have on the Whitechapel murderer, if any? People at the time thought that the play may have provoked the murders. Did it?

We will discuss this topic and other theories about Jack the Ripper at RipperCon in two weeks' time in Baltimore. The event stars veteran Ripperologist Martin Fido (The Complete Jack the Ripper A to Z) . Sign up for RipperCon now! Deadline March 31. For information, go to http://RipperCon.com.

For more intrigue - The wife (actress also) of a supporting actor in Mansfield's Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, playing during the Ripper murders, later married the man who broke the story of Tumblety being arrested on suspicion. This man enjoyed his theater and so did Dr. T.

Sincerely,
      Mike
      The Ripper's Haunts/JtR Suspect Dr. Francis Tumblety (Sunbury Press)
      http://www.michaelLhawley.com

Comment

• ...and this man (the actor) was arrested on the streets of Whitechapel claiming be searching for Jack the Ripper.

Comment

• And folks... let me just add this doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of the amazing revelations about good ole' Dr. T that Mike has uncovered!!! those of us lucky enough to be at the conference are in for one hell of a talk!!!! getting really close to the deadline...I must urge those still debating on attending to do it... going to be so much new info, and an all around amazing weekend for all those who do attend!!!

Steadmund Brand
          "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

• Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
            And folks... let me just add this doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of the amazing revelations about good ole' Dr. T that Mike has uncovered!!! those of us lucky enough to be at the conference are in for one hell of a talk!!!! getting really close to the deadline...I must urge those still debating on attending to do it... going to be so much new info, and an all around amazing weekend for all those who do attend!!!

Steadmund Brand
            And thanks for the fine lagers, Brian! Hindsight - I noticed there was a direct relationship between you buying the next round (rounds) and me spilling the beans. There was some reciprocation, though. I have the goods on GUT. Sorry GUT.

Sincerely,
            Mike

Comment

• HAHAHA.. Next round on me as well....but hey, after a few rounds I may spill the beans on my Lugosi project....or give you my pick for the next big fights coming up!!

Steadmund Brand

Comment

• Originally posted by mklhawley View Post
                And thanks for the fine lagers, Brian! Hindsight - I noticed there was a direct relationship between you buying the next round (rounds) and me spilling the beans. There was some reciprocation, though. I have the goods on GUT. Sorry GUT.

Sincerely,
                Mike
                Ain't many secrets in Gut, Mike, maybe other than he's terrified of Mrs Gut, sorry I can't hear your talk.
                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Attendees at RipperCon in Baltimore April 8-10 will be going to the Baltimore Civil War Museum at President Street Station on the Sunday bus tour! It's the place to learn about the city during the war, including the Pratt Street riot of April 19, 1861 and Lincoln "sneaking" through the city on the way to his first inauguration. Full information at http://RipperCon.com. Sign up now! March 31 deadline.

Christopher T. George
                  Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
                  just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
                  For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
                  RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

• I wonder how many, meeting for the first time, will be surprised by someone's appearance?
                    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• I am pretty sure most will be by mine

Steadmund Brand

Comment

• Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
                        I am pretty sure most will be by mine

Steadmund Brand
                        Oh well better surprised than terrified.

I may have that address for you later today, not sure how current it is.
                        G U T

Comment

• Mrs Gut suggested I should get a flight, not let anyone know I was coming, keep posting and just rock up.
                          G U T

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                            Mrs Gut suggested I should get a flight, not let anyone know I was coming, keep posting and just rock up.
                            Be great to have you here. Let us know!

Best regards

Chris
                            Christopher T. George
                            Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
                            just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
                            For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
                            RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
                              Be great to have you here. Let us know!

Best regards

Chris
                              Not going to happen unfortunately Chris for a few reasons

1. No way I could spend 20+ hours sitting on a plane

2. At this stage I'd be lucky to get a flight anyway

3. Not sure I can spare the $$$ at the moment, have just ordered a new computer so I don't need to pick things out on a phone.

I am trying to see if I can find a cruise (2 needed actually) to get me to and from the next one, kill two birds with one stone. Get to RipperCon and take Mrs Gut on a holiday (she is totally forbidden to fly whereas my Dr merely strongly suggest I don't)
                              G U T

Comment

• Hope everyone has a good time and takes plenty of pictures. Let me know if any fights break out. I'll be there in spirit.

c.d.

Comment

Working...
                                X