Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cogidubnus
    replied
    I really wish I could make it, but sadly it's looking out of the question at the moment...Nonetheless, good luck Lechmere et al...hope it's a huge draw!

All the best

Dave

Leave a comment:

• Lechmere
    replied
    And here's what the tickets look like...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Lechmere
    replied
    Jon
    If I were to answer that question I would be ritually dismembered. If by chance the same thing, or something similar, happened to two other people then detectives would falsely think there was a serial killer on the loose. I don't want to be responsible for that happening.

Leave a comment:

• Jon Guy
    replied
    Hi Lechmere

Has The Case Been Solved?

Is this the Lechmere scenario, as presented by Christer and your good self?

Leave a comment:

• Chris Scott
    replied
    This looks well worth considering - just wish I could be there
    Chris Scott

Leave a comment:

• Rubyretro
    replied
    [QUOTE]
    Originally posted by Lechmere View Post
    This handbill - with a more populist message and design - is appearing in shop windows all over the East End. or at least it will be... or so I am told.
    It is excellent! Congratulations on getting them into so many shop windows. Or at least Congratuations for when they get there...or rather, pass the Congratulations on ...

Seriously, I am just so jealous of all of you that can get to this. It is just certain to be entertaining, informative and worthwhile, all at the same time..

I can't believe that anyone that reads this thread could hestitate...it's just not everyday that you get the opportunity to assist at a Ripper event of this quality and at such a low cost..

Leave a comment:

• Lechmere
    replied
    This handbill - with a more populist message and design - is appearing in shop windows all over the East End. or at least it will be... or so I am told.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Bridewell
    replied
    Photos?

THE JACK THE RIPPER MYSTERY AND THE BETHNAL GREEN TUBE DISASTER

On the anniversary of the murder of Mary An 'Polly' Nichols...
    A special charity event is taking place on the evening of 31st August 2012 on behalf of the Stairway to Heaven Memorial Trust.
    This is a charity that is dedicated to creating a permanent memorial to the victims of the Bethnal Green Tube Disaster of 3rd March 1943, when 173 people lost their lives.
    This was the biggest civilian loss of life in Britain during World War Two but it was hushed up at the time to preserve wartime morale.

The event will take place at St John's Church which is right next to Bethnal Green Underground Station.
    It is a very historic building that is full of period atmosphere.

Tickets are selling at £10 in advance or £15 on the door.
    It will start at 7 pm
    There will be a bar and refreshments available.
    All proceeds will go to the Stairway to Heaven Memorial Trust (apart from the bar proceeeds which go towards the Church restoration fund!)

There will be indepth talks about links between those involved in the Bethnal Green Tube Disaster and their family connections to different well known characters in the Jack the Ripper mystery... suspects no less.
    There will be celebrity appearances and dramatised but accurate re-enactments.

This is a very worthwhile event and it wll be of great interest to everyone intersted in the East End and the Jack the Ripper mystery.

For tickets call 07722162168 or 01474702513

More details to follow.
    I shan't be able to make this unfortunately (at least it's looking unlikely). Will anyone be taking photos? If so, it would be great to see a few posted either here or on the East End Pictures etc thread - he hinted with no great subtlety.

Regards, Bridewell.

Leave a comment:

• Lechmere
    replied
    Yes we do it's for charideee.
    And there are no stairs

Leave a comment:

• Robert
    replied
    Ruby, er....in view of what's being commemorated.....um....you don't want too many people turning up.

Leave a comment:

• Lechmere
    replied
    I know one celeb will play the part of the Ripper and he went on a familiarisation tour of the Bucks Row area recently.
    The evening will focus on two East End families with intimate Ripper connections, and both were also involved in the Bethnal Green Tube Disaster 55 years later.

A policeman called Richard Sharrock helped clear the bodies from the steps of Bethnal Green Tube Station for 8 hours. he got very ill as a result and was sent to the Police Convalescent Home in Hove - of all places.
    He later became the desk Sergeant at Bethnal Green Police Station.

Leave a comment:

• Archaic
    replied
    Hi everyone.

Sure wish I didn't live 5,000 miles away from all the interesting events!

Maybe if I had my own dirigible I could float across the US & over the pond ... park my zeppelin hitched to an antenna on the roof of someone's flat, disembark and attend...

THE JACK THE RIPPER MYSTERY AND THE BETHNAL GREEN TUBE DISASTER

On the anniversary of the murder of Mary An 'Polly' Nichols...
    A special charity event is taking place on the evening of 31st August 2012 on behalf of the Stairway to Heaven Memorial Trust.
    This is a charity that is dedicated to creating a permanent memorial to the victims of the Bethnal Green Tube Disaster of 3rd March 1943, when 173 people lost their lives.
    This was the biggest civilian loss of life in Britain during World War Two but it was hushed up at the time to preserve wartime morale.

The event will take place at St John's Church which is right next to Bethnal Green Underground Station.
    It is a very historic building that is full of period atmosphere.

Tickets are selling at £10 in advance or £15 on the door.
    It will start at 7 pm
    There will be a bar and refreshments available.
    All proceeds will go to the Stairway to Heaven Memorial Trust (apart from the bar proceeeds which go towards the Church restoration fund!)

There will be indepth talks about links between those involved in the Bethnal Green Tube Disaster and their family connections to different well known characters in the Jack the Ripper mystery... suspects no less.
    There will be celebrity appearances and dramatised but accurate re-enactments.

This is a very worthwhile event and it wll be of great interest to everyone intersted in the East End and the Jack the Ripper mystery.

For tickets call 07722162168 or 01474702513
    Hi Lechmere. The talks sound really interesting; good luck with this very worthy endeavor.

Best regards,
    Archaic

Leave a comment:

• Mr Lucky
    replied
    Sounds very interesting, I'm hopeful that I'll be able to make it, might try to fit in a 'ripper tour' too.

Personally, I'd love to see an re-enactment of P.C. Mizen knocking up on 'Church-row', where ever that is! (maybe not at 4 in the morning)

So, with a bit of luck, I might get to meet some of you there.

Leave a comment:

• Fisherman
    replied
    See you there, then, Stephen!

All the best,
    Fisherman

Leave a comment:

• Stephen Thomas
    replied
    Sounds good, Ruby

I do believe I shall be there.

Leave a comment: