Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Jack The Ripper Mystery And The Bethnal Green Tube Disaster

THE JACK THE RIPPER MYSTERY AND THE BETHNAL GREEN TUBE DISASTER

On the anniversary of the murder of Mary An 'Polly' Nichols...
    A special charity event is taking place on the evening of 31st August 2012 on behalf of the Stairway to Heaven Memorial Trust.
    This is a charity that is dedicated to creating a permanent memorial to the victims of the Bethnal Green Tube Disaster of 3rd March 1943, when 173 people lost their lives.
    This was the biggest civilian loss of life in Britain during World War Two but it was hushed up at the time to preserve wartime morale.

The event will take place at St John's Church which is right next to Bethnal Green Underground Station.
    It is a very historic building that is full of period atmosphere.

Tickets are selling at £10 in advance or £15 on the door.
    It will start at 7 pm
    There will be a bar and refreshments available.
    All proceeds will go to the Stairway to Heaven Memorial Trust (apart from the bar proceeeds which go towards the Church restoration fund!)

There will be indepth talks about links between those involved in the Bethnal Green Tube Disaster and their family connections to different well known characters in the Jack the Ripper mystery... suspects no less.
    There will be celebrity appearances and dramatised but accurate re-enactments.

This is a very worthwhile event and it wll be of great interest to everyone intersted in the East End and the Jack the Ripper mystery.

For tickets call 07722162168 or 01474702513

More details to follow.

Here's the first flier...
    Attached Files

Comment

The second side
      Attached Files

Comment

This looks really interesting ! Wish that I could attend (I'll be in France, sadly).

I love the first side of the flier...I love the ordinary man, rather than the top hatted and caped toff, but with his face hidden...the titles are very succinct.

Is anyone intending to go ?
        http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

Ruby:

" Wish that I could attend (I'll be in France, sadly)."

What kind of an excuse is that...?

The best,
          Fisherman

Comment

Is that John Pope de Locksley?

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
              Ruby:

" Wish that I could attend (I'll be in France, sadly)."

What kind of an excuse is that...?

The best,
              Fisherman
              I should have said that I'll be working !

Are you going ?

Comment

I am, Ruby! Instead of working, which was the other option ...! Too bad you can´t come, though - I would have liked to meet you!

The best,
                Fisherman

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                  I am, Ruby! Instead of working, which was the other option ...! Too bad you can´t come, though - I would have liked to meet you!

The best,
                  Fisherman
                  Patience, Fishy. I'm sure that you will in time (I'd like to meet you too).

In the meantime, I very much regret not being able to go to this event..it sounds really enticing...

Comment

C'mon !! There must be people interested in this ?

I can't go -but I'd love to hear all your comments after you've been there (I have an ulterior motive -I want to go to this event by proxy !)

By the way...if all you Casebookers are not intending to go....then why not ?

Please tell me...
                    Last edited by Rubyretro; 06-04-2012, 04:27 PM.

Comment

...because that looks like Pope De Locksley...

Joking aside, it is intriguing who the "celebrities" are and what the reenactments will be

Comment

Cost

Originally posted by Rubyretro View Post
                        C'mon !! There must be people interested in this ?

I can't go -but I'd love to hear all your comments after you've been there (I have an ulterior motive -I want to go to this event by proxy !)

By the way...if all you Casebookers are not intending to go....then why not ?

Please tell me...
                        I can't afford it, sadly - the overall cost, not the admission. Looks a good event though.

Regards, Bridewell.
                        I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

I can assure everyone that it has nothing to do with a Mr De Locksley, but it is not my wish to say anything negative about any one, including Mr De Locksley.
                          The celebs and more info will be forthcoming in due course.

It is somewhat unusual I think for a Ripper event to be held in a church.
                          It will be well advertised and will attract mainstream media interest which is why it is almost certainly going to be the largest Ripper meeting ever held, in terms of numbers present.

Comment

It is somewhat unusual I think for a Ripper event to be held in a church.
                            It will be well advertised and will attract mainstream media interest which is why it is almost certainly going to be the largest Ripper meeting ever held, in terms of numbers present.
                            What do you think the 'mainsteam media interest will be ?'

Do you know what the church is ?

Comment

?????? (how many times do I have to bump this thread up ??)

Comment

Working...
                              X