Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facebook

Dear all,

For those on Facebook, there's a group for this conference called 'UK Jack the Ripper Conference 2009', and a dedicated event called 'Ripper Conference'.

There's a topic just started titled Sunday night?, which is exactly that - will you be staying over? If so, we might be in a good position to make a cheap block booking at a hotel which would otherwise be empty.

Get over to the Facebook group and have your say... comments will of course be copied to this board.

Cheers
    Adam

Comment

Originally posted by Suzi View Post
      Blimey!!!! 30 minutes? xxxxxxx
      I understand a grubby movie is offered in the living room for a little bit, thus cutting down the time, heheh. You have to leave a bit of a margin between times, too, for a bit of a scrub down...

Adam, nah, the carpets are never too savoury in those places, I'm told. Best just stick to Dids.
      best,

claire

Comment

Well, if I come, it would be from Friday evening to Monday morning. And I'd need somewhere to park a car. Somewhere where I can be fairly certain it will still be there when I get back to in on Monday.

One does not do public transport. One is not a member of the public

Travelling from Devon makes it pretty much necessary to give me a day to get there and a day to get back. Last time I was at a conference in London, 'Imself drove me into London, then drove home, then back again on the Monday morning. Not exactly an ideal situation. Which is why I always hate events in London.
        Last edited by Ravenstone; 02-15-2009, 11:24 PM.
        Once is happenstance; twice is coincidence. The third time, it's enemy action.

Comment

Originally posted by claire View Post
          I understand a grubby movie is offered in the living room for a little bit, thus cutting down the time, heheh. You have to leave a bit of a margin between times, too, for a bit of a scrub down...

Adam, nah, the carpets are never too savoury in those places, I'm told. Best just stick to Dids.

These sort of luxuries don't exist in Walthamstow (where you pay by the minute, thank goodness ). You must be thinking of Brixton?

Pirate

Comment

Ah, silly me. Haven't been to Walthamstow in many a moon. Thanks, Pirate
            best,

claire

Comment

Originally posted by George Hutchinson View Post
              Well, I'm going to commute in each day. No hotel bills for me.

PHILIP
              Baggsies on Philip's spare room, or closet, or sofa, or coal shed.

B.

(In the event I don't attend or can afford more elite accomodation I will auction off the above baggsies for charity)
              Bailey
              Wellington, New Zealand
              hoodoo@xtra.co.nz
              www.flickr.com/photos/eclipsephotographic/

Comment

I will be travelling down Friday, the earlier the better, visiting Islington on the Friday afternoon, to take in Stephenson related locations (I am obssessed ok!), Then staying over Friday night, Saturday night, and in all probability Sunday night too!
                Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by George Hutchinson View Post
                  Well, I'm going to commute in each day. No hotel bills for me.

PHILIP
                  Me too.

It takes me 35 minutes to get from home to Liverpool St Station (on a good day). Handy that it's in London, at least for me anyway.

This will be my first...

Comment

Originally posted by claire View Post
                    Ah, silly me. Haven't been to Walthamstow in many a moon. Thanks, Pirate
                    Safer on the moon than Walthamstow, only go there in a tank

Comment

• I think we need a list of conference virgins.

Originally posted by Suzi View Post
                      Hi Jon
                      I'd say Gatwick- Gatwick Express from there to Waterloo and tube to Aldgate or Aldgate East...... A taxi would cost you a years wages! (Let's put it this way- it costs £20 from Aldgate to Waterloo by cab!

Suz x
                      Hi Suzi,

I think the Gatwick Express only goes to Victoria, not Waterloo. Then tube line according to hotel booked. Victoria line north to Oxford Circus, 2 stops, then change to Central line eastbound to Liverpool St, 6 stops. Alternatively, District line eastbound to Aldgate East or Circle eastbound to Aldgate, both 10 stops.

Can't wait!!

Get sewing, sister Suzi! Diddles needs a special conference rigout.

Love,

Caz
                      XXX
                      "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

• He heeeeeeeeeeeee Lurve the COLOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        What d'ya reckon for THE outfit (s) He's getting a jumper with '09 on it- that's in production (sad cow me!)- maybe a little deerstalker (her hum) for the 'TOUR' and was thinking of a Madame Didslavski outfit for Sat night........Ideas????
                        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oxymoron there in the first line one supposes!!!!!!!!
                        'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

• The Bavarians are not the men that will give up easily.

Persuaded colleagues to jump in and give my lessons on Friday 23.Oct.
                          Bribed (literally) my sister-in-law to take care of the kids during the weekend.
                          Booked Ibis
                          Booked flight.
                          Arrival Friday afternoon, but have to leave early on Sunday to reach flight from Heathrow at 8 pm.
                          Try to have some money left for the odd pint and cigar I owe to people around here. ;-)

See ya.

YES!!!

Comment

• Ja! Alles Klar Chris!!!!!!!
                            Bugger!!! May have to move to Ibis from Travelodge Now! heheeeeeeeeeee
                            Last edited by Suzi; 02-17-2009, 08:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suzi View Post
                              Blimey!!!! 30 minutes? xxxxxxx
                              Well, I guess I would need to have a book for the remaining 28.

c.d.

Comment

• Heheeeeeeeeeeeeee--- War and Peace??? LOL xxxxxxxxx

Or Jack the Myth.............. :/

Comment

Working...
                                X