No announcement yet.

2008 Ripper Conference, Knoxville, TN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The lovely Eugenia Parry giving her talk on the 1890s French crime scene photo album she bought in Paris.

Alan showing how the East End prostitutes used to stand to attract customers. And something to do with Special Branch.

Here's one for Suzi. Suzi - there's several Dids shots but this one's my favourite.

Martin signing one of the millions of things I brought along.

Alan in the hotel car park, with Knoxville's Sun Sphere behind him.

PHILIP
    Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

• In Knoxville's Market Square - inaccurate but amusing.

Out for a meal after the last day of the Conference. Clockwise from L : Julie, Alan, Kelly, Dan, Me, Martin, Karen.

On the day I flew back, the hotel from the car park. The weather was like this throughout. Knoxville was a beautiful, clean, sunny place - though bereft of shops, it seems.

PHILIP
      Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

• That Miller's Buildings arch is spookily remeniscent....

Shouldn't it read 'Erected by the Four Per Cent Industrial Dwellings Co. Ltd 1886'?

Comment

• Yep I thought that............hmmmmmmmmmm p'raps this Knoxville lark was actually staged in Toynbee Hall a la the moon landing etc etc ( )

I LURVE the Dids pic Philip!!!- bring the rest to the Xmas 'do' for the cat's opinion!!- x
          Last edited by Suzi; 11-18-2008, 06:24 PM.
          'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

• It's nice to see what people look like. Looks like it was a nice experience. Thanks for the photos, All.
            "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Working...
            X