No announcement yet.

2008 Ripper Conference, Knoxville, TN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The landing at George Yard - I gather the one originally thought to be it, wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by George Hutchinson View Post
      What was more fun was the premiere of John's film RIPPERLAND last night. I know he was scared about how Martin would react to his impersonation of him. I can tell you now, his table was in uproar and so was he. He loved it and felt flattered and was very amused and said that John did an extremely good impersonation of him.
      Thanks for the feedback, Phil, that's quite a relief!

Comment

Not close with anyone. I thank those of you that know for keeping mum.

I'm just teasing you others. You'll all know before the week is out, but I'm afraid you are going to have to wait some time to see it. I'll be happy to show it to people face to face, but I'm not putting it online where it can be used and abused. The reason? What happened to Neal and his work on the Annie wedding photo. I'm keeping a close rein on this one.

PHILIP
        Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

I'll be happy to show it to people face to face
          Then bring it with you to next weekend's podcast.

JM

Comment

Another week?

Goddamit Hutchinson!
            Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

I am glad everyone had a great weekend at the conference. I hope someone took pics of Alan's talk. Can't wait for everyone to start sharing stories and photos.
              Last edited by Ally; 10-13-2008, 02:20 AM. Reason: Figured out what was being said..

Let all Oz be agreed;
              I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

I'm keeping a close rein on this one. (emphasis added)
                So it's a picture of Diemschutz's pony and cart?

Comment

I'll be happy to show it to people face to face....
                  Just noticed this bit. Right. I'll be in Guildford late Tuesday afternoon. Have the kettle on.

Comment

The original is safely stashed in a safe deposit box. Right?
                    "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

I'll be happy to show it to people face to face, but I'm not putting it online where it can be used and abused.
                      PHILIP
                      That seems fair, when shall I expect you so I can put the kettle on?

Cheers,
                      B.
                      Bailey
                      Wellington, New Zealand
                      hoodoo@xtra.co.nz
                      www.flickr.com/photos/eclipsephotographic/

Comment

Hee hee hee.

We've just got in from an evening out. Martin is very, very drunk and has been singing rude songs about camels in the street. I have it videod.

PHILIP
                        Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Still shell-shocked from the camel song, but just before I collapse drunkenly into my bed...

Eugenia Parry giving her talk on French crime scene photographs

Some men who will not be blamed for nuffink.
                          Say hello: http://www.myspace.com/alansharpauthor

Comment

Hi guys,

Been following this thread......

Phil,that hotel!!!!!.....hmmm..you sure it wasn't a little guest house,with a landlady complete with fag hanging out of her mouth,cooking you a fry-up!(only,joking!!!!!!)...OMG I'm so envious,you lucky thing!!!

The other pictures were great too....thanks for sharing them,everyone.

Can't wait to learn about this mysterious picture....mind you....Martin Fido's rude camel song is equally enticing!!!..Poor Martin,(bet he's REALLY gonna regret that one).
                            Philip....you naught boy for videoing it!...hee-hee.

Safe journey home!...looking forward to all the gossip,
                            Warmest Regards to you all,
                            ANNA.
                            Last edited by anna; 10-13-2008, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Hee hee hee.

We've just got in from an evening out. Martin is very, very drunk and has been singing rude songs about camels in the street. I have it videod.

PHILIP
                              Thank God for Youtube, I am eagerly awaiting a subscription update to tell me you have posted a new video!!

I am guessing the building (inside and out) is Robert D'Onston Stephenson's Black Magicians Meeting place!!

Seriously, I had thought of Miller's Court, but when you mentioned it had never been photographed, I was a little puzzled! I look forward to seeing it!!
                              Regards Mike

Comment

Morning All,

Sounds like everyone had a great time. I knew John Bennett's Ripperland would go down well (told you, John, didn't I? ). I put in a word with Adrian Morris because I'd love the WS1888 to show it. One of my favourite voices is James Mason - uncanny. John should also have enough material now for a sequel - with Martin's camel song providing plenty of fuel.

Hi Philip,

I wish I'd been there to see the reaction to your little surprise. I bet they never thought they'd see that ripper suspect being snapped hanging around that location.

That was the one you showed them, wasn't it?

Love,

Caz
                                X
                                "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Working...
                                X