• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChrisGeorge
    replied
    Again, if you missed it --

Originally posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
    Whoopee! Our RipperCon 2018 Trivia Contest Swagerama continues!

So here's another one for you all --

What did the Elephant Man and the late British Playwright Joe Orton have in common. (The story of Orton's short life and brutal murder are told in "Prick Up Your Ears" starring Golden Globe Winner Gary Oldman.) The first to give me the correct answer wins a copy of this 256-page book! Good luck.

Note: Previous winners of RipperCon 2018 loot cannot win again.

Come to RipperCon in Baltimore in April. Don't miss out on two days of talks and two days of tours, Friday, April 6 through Monday, April 9. Complete details at www.RipperCon.com. This is the only North American #JacktheRipper-#True Crime conference in the 130th Anniversary Year of the Whitechapel Murders.

Not also our upcoming very special Valentine's Day "To Die For" Evening at the Duchess of Windsor Museum, 206 E. Biddle Street, Baltimore, Saturday, February 17, 8:00 pm to 11:00 pm, featuring Mike Hawley talking Dr. Tumblety and signing copies of his books!

Leave a comment:

• ChrisGeorge
    replied
    Whoopee! Our RipperCon 2018 Trivia Contest Swagerama continues!

So here's another one for you all --

What did the Elephant Man and the late British Playwright Joe Orton have in common. (The story of Orton's short life and brutal murder are told in "Prick Up Your Ears" starring Golden Globe Winner Gary Oldman.) The first to give me the correct answer wins a copy of this 256-page book! Good luck.

Note: Previous winners of RipperCon 2018 loot cannot win again.

Come to RipperCon in Baltimore in April. Don't miss out on two days of talks and two days of tours, Friday, April 6 through Monday, April 9. Complete details at www.RipperCon.com. This is the only North American #JacktheRipper-#True Crime conference in the 130th Anniversary Year of the Whitechapel Murders.

Not also our upcoming very special Valentine's Day "To Die For" Evening at the Duchess of Windsor Museum, 206 E. Biddle Street, Baltimore, Saturday, February 17, 8:00 pm to 11:00 pm, featuring Mike Hawley talking Dr. Tumblety and signing copies of his books!

Last edited by ChrisGeorge; 01-25-2018, 05:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisGeorge
    replied
    This trivia question has still to be answered. Previous winners of RipperCon swag cannot win again. Give me the correct answer and the loot is yours. The best of British luck!

Conspiracists! Here are the magazines for you! You don't think that William Shakespeare, the Bard of Avon, wrote the plays.... well here's the proof that Christopher Marlowe did the deed. He must have been okay if his name was Chris, right? The magazines are yours if you are the first to tell me how Kit Marlowe died. As before, previous winners of RipperCon 2018 swag cannot win again.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisGeorge
    replied
    Originally posted by GUT View Post
    Nah mate give it to one of the ones tha5 named it.
    Thanks. Looks like Simon Wood then has won the loot over at JtR Forums because he expressly stated APACHE!

Leave a comment:

• GUT
    replied
    Nah mate give it to one of the ones tha5 named it.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisGeorge
    replied
    Hi GUT

Looks like I owe you swag -- you indicated APACHE here before anyone else. Congratulations, cobber! Send me your snail mail address by PM if you would and I will get something off to you.

Cheers

Chris

Leave a comment:

• ChrisGeorge
    replied
    The music at the end of this TIAA Investments commercial reminds me of a hit "toon" from 1962. The Man from Eagleville might be old enough to remember it but because he won loot before he can't answer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im79ArrQAzs
    The only one it reminds me of was 1961, re-released a few years later.
    Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
    If you were thinking Cowboys and Indians, I agree.
    I thought the melody in the TIAA commercial reminded me of TELSTAR by the Tornadoes (1962) but I was mistaken. Simon Wood over at JtR Forums has persuaded me that the melody is reminiscent of APACHE by the Shadows (1960) so all you guys were right and I was wrong.

Here's APACHE --

Me gusta (Like) Comenta Suscribete (Una cancion Clasica) Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheMuzik2012

Leave a comment:

• ChrisGeorge
    replied
    Hmmm. Is my mind playing tricks? I don't think so. Here's a hint: Think Sputnik and the Space Race.
    Think Communications....

Leave a comment:

• Joshua Rogan
    replied
    Not the one I was thinking it sounded like then.
    If you were thinking Cowboys and Indians, I agree.

Leave a comment:

• GUT
    replied
    Hmmm. Is my mind playing tricks? I don't think so. Here's a hint: Think Sputnik and the Space Race.
    Not the one I was thinking it sounded like then.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisGeorge
    replied
    The music at the end of this TIAA Investments commercial reminds me of a hit "toon" from 1962. The Man from Eagleville might be old enough to remember it but because he won loot before he can't answer.

Leave a comment:

• GUT
    replied
    Bump up!

Leave a comment:

• ChrisGeorge
    replied
    Bump up!

Leave a comment:

• ChrisGeorge
    replied

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisGeorge
    replied
    Who discovered this photograph of second canonical Jack the Ripper victim Annie Chapman, believed to be the only authentic existing image of a canonical Ripper victim done in life?

If you are the first to answer this trivia question, you win a copy of the signed limited edition pamphlet, Coming Into Focus: Photographic Rediscoveries of the 21st Century published by Greystone Productions at the time of the 2004 U.S. convention at the BWI Airport Comfort Inn in Maryland.

Lucky winner will also receive the pamphlet, Annie Chapman, Jack the Ripper Victim: A Short Biography by that same authority who discovered the Chapman wedding photograph.

The best of British luck!

As ever, people who have previously won RipperCon 2018 swag cannot win again. Don't miss out on RipperCon in Baltimore, April 6-9, two days of tours and two days of talks. Complete details at http://www.RipperCon.com on how to attend the only North American #JacktheRipper-#TrueCrime conference in the 130th Anniversary Year of the Whitechapel Murders!

Last edited by ChrisGeorge; 01-18-2018, 08:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X