No announcement yet.

Dr Barnardo is the killer...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK ...Where were we?...................

I must object Alex re your comment 'of a few days studying Barnado' line- however...Not all of us have your omniscience re this man!

And... at the end of the day if I say I don't think I'd have liked the man...what does that say about me ...or more to the point Dr B?.... I read...I make some mental desicions purely on reading .....Mind you even on meeting people these days ...I'm 92%-100% right...most of the time...

OK where were we??...
    Last edited by Suzi; 07-05-2008, 04:26 PM.
    'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

• Hi Bob

I ‘got it’ right from the outset. It is you who appear to have missed the point. The sentence in question reads: “… it should open eyes to the fact that this arrogant, mean-spirited, obnoxious little man was not the paragon of virtue he is often portrayed as

The fact referred to in this sentence is clearly that Barnardo was “not the paragon of virtue he is often portrayed as.” Now I accept, and have acknowledged as much before, that this is my opinion which at present I cannot support with evidential documentation. It was for this reason that I deferred to you.

The portion of the sentence which reads: “… this arrogant, mean-spirited, obnoxious little man…” is merely my description of Barnardo, which I have never claimed as fact. Indeed, “… this arrogant, etc..,” could easily be replaced by the name Barnardo without changing the meaning of the sentence in any way. So you are wrong to claim that I stated as a fact that Barnardo was arrogant, mean-spirited etc. I did not. Now have you got it?

Suzi/Anna

Thank you for apologising to The Prophet. I’m sure he/she will be mightily relieved by that.

Best wishes

alex
      But for me, in my impenetrable mantle, the safety was complete. Think of it – I did not even exist!
      (HJFSotC – SCoDJaMH – RLS, 1886)

https://www.amazon.com/author/alexchisholm
      http://www.amazon.co.uk/-/e/B006JFY5TC

Comment

• Hi Alex- look this phrase 'arrogant,mean spirited,obnoxious little man' seems to have taken over here OK that was your description...maybe a tad over stretched and maybe over descriptive but at the end of the day your description.
        I'm convinced that Dr B wasn't as you say a paragon of any sort...just a well known do-gooder let's be honest...NOT the Ripper...if he was I'll eat my Wideawake!!!

And to be honest I've never known Bob to miss a point!

And....... I'm sure that Richard N would/will be proud to see the phrase Nunnerisms used here !!!In whatever sense ..surely it'll be in Chambers soon!!!! As Oscar said...."It's not when people talk about you that you have to be worried...it's when they don't -you worry!"

By the way.......where is The Prophet??? .....been taken up???
        Last edited by Suzi; 07-05-2008, 06:23 PM.

Comment

• Perhaps he has something to HYDE Suzi!!!
          Ah well,maybe that'll be it until next Saturday when he returns for another spat....spooky that...how like Jack,this thread appears at weekends!

Comment

• Good point Anna!- I used to like weekends!!!!! Tum ti tum........

Comment

• Hi Suzi

I am truly sorry if my “few days” comment offended you. I took your “ – having read more about Dr B than is good for a girl over the past few days..” post to mean that you had only recently taken up serious research into Barnardo. If this is not the case, then I apologise most profusely.

Omniscience is not something I have ever claimed in any respect. Indeed, I feel, in general, that I have been one of the more acquiescent, amiable posters to these forums throughout the years. So I’m sorry that you seem to have formed such an opinion.

Unusual as it may seem, Bob has clearly missed the point in this case. However, I agree with you that this pedantic dispute between Bob and I has become tiresome. In view of this I will now shut up and let others take the discussion forward.

Finally, there’ll be no need for you to eat your wideawake in my opinion. I share your view that Dr. B. was not Jack the Ripper.

Best wishes
              alex
              But for me, in my impenetrable mantle, the safety was complete. Think of it – I did not even exist!
              (HJFSotC – SCoDJaMH – RLS, 1886)

https://www.amazon.com/author/alexchisholm
              http://www.amazon.co.uk/-/e/B006JFY5TC

Comment

• OK Pax Alex on that point!

Now as I said.......where were we??

Comment

• ebay and Prophet

Ok, enough is enough.

Many of you have seen the book Prophet (aka "barnarby88") has put for sale on ebay. Whatever you might think of his ideas, this book is nice.

I won the auction last tuesday as the only bidder and, as usual, sent an email to the seller immediately after the auction for the total amount incl. insured shipment. But I never got an answer.
                  To complicate things, I'll be in London from Tue 8.July onwards without internet access. But under normal circumstances no problem, a week after auction everything is done usually.

I emailed several times and also used the pm function here on casebook and urged him to get in contact with me.
                  I haven't got an answer for the whole week. I contacted ebay and yesterday finally the Police in his hometown.

Today I find this message of him:
                  Hello,

Sorry this item was suppose to be taken off ebay, due to unforseen circumstances, and lack of interest in book sales etc - but I was taken ill within last 48 hours of auction - am very sorry - however if you send me your details I will still send you a copy of my book etc later this year pending publisher annoucements. Am very sorry I hope this has not caused any inconvience - this book will be available again hopefully later this year.

Regards,
                  AJ.

Sorry prophet, it is as I expected: You didn't reach the price you wanted for it and now you just try to sneak out of it.
                  But that ain't working.
                  The book was on auction, the auction finished with a wining bid.
                  So we have a contract.

Don't manouvre yourself deeper into ****. Act your words at last and stick to the rules and regulations.
                  Save the last bit of credibility you might still have.

Christian

Comment

• Hi Chris-
                    Hmmmmmmm barnarby 88 appears to hail from New Zealand and has nothing for sale at the moment on investigation.
                    All very odd I say........ and the initials A.J. too...Hmmmmmmm You do ,as you say have a contract! Let us know how you get on.........Good Hunting!!

Suzi x

Comment

• Thanks for the support Suzi, feels good. And I hope I get support from others here as well.

I'm absolutely livid about this case. A blatant attempt to ignore ebay rules and dupe the buyer.

I sent him a message suggesting to bring this to a decent end by accepting the sale of the book. I said: be a gentleman at last.

Christian

here's the book in question:
                      Last edited by chrisjd; 07-06-2008, 01:00 PM.

Comment

• Hi Chris,

I am a bit confused here. Was it the Barnardo charity book you bid for or A J Prophet's own book about Barnardo being JtR?

Whatever, he should not have backed out once a price had been agreed. I hope you get an acceptable result from this unpleasanr business.

Meanwhile, in light of what you report here, how much credibility can we give to the integrity Prophet's research and theories concerning JtR?

Comment

• Hi Limehouse
                          it was Barnardo's book on auction.
                          Please follow the link to ebay and read for yourself.

He clearly expected a higher price.

I'll fight this through. Everyone who knows me will agree that I'm not a troublemaker. But I also will not let anyone dupe me in such an obvious way.

Christian

Comment

• I have no doubt at all that this little weasel was shocked when they came here and suddenly realised that no one was taken in by their very weak, ill-researched and crackpot claims. "What? You folks know more about it than I do? Oh... er... look over there! *runs off*"

The fact they just stopped replying to any of the facts put their way suggests that they did indeed just 'decide' against legal regulations and contracts to not bother with selling the book on eBay when it didn't fly.

Bit of advice for you, Propathetic. When you sell something, you start the bidding at the lowest price you're prepared to accept.

This stinks. I'm quite annoyed for Christian. I don't expect this will have a happy ending but at least we can hope that this little rat takes his cowardice further and decided not to waste any trees by publishing his bound toilet roll later this year.

And he seemed such a nice chap - if a little delusional.

PHILIP
                            Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

• Hi Christian,

Hope you get somewhere with this very shoddy behaviour from Alex, if he didn't want to sell it for that price he should have put it in at a higher starting price.
                              Also '1st edition, signed'! what, Barnardo signed it?

Good luck with this.

Rob

Comment

• Hi Rob. I think it was indeed Barnardo that signed it. I also don't think it's Alex who has anything to do with the eBay business. It's the guy who started this thread.

PHILIP
                                Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Working...
                                X