PC Long, GSG & a Piece of Apron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Lynn,

I suppose the ultimate answer is quite one nobody likes about this blasted apron piece, timing, double event etc...

There at least 7...yup SEVEN official versions of the Goulston Street Graffiti.. all from witnessing policemen. Different spellings, different wordings etc.

And it was recorded thus by these fair minded men only.

Now... exactly how many policemen does it take to get one tiny bit of writing observed correctly? I mean, you would have thought that they would have at least had a pow-wow and reached some sort of same conclusion?... But no...oh no... and then along comes big chief Warren and it gets rubbed off... and here's the punchline...

Exactly HOW, pray tell me, IF the Goulston Street Graffiti was written by the killer, (as was supposed by the police at the time), can anyone from this intrepid bunch identify said graffiti and compare it, by REMEMBERING it please note.... with the Dear Boss and Saucy Jack handwriting.. that was posted all over the place in large posters promoting said killer's handwriting... and say it was by the same hand?....without a photograph? and without a solid memory (which by the above 7 variations shows was non-existant anyway)???... and what type of hand was the description of the GSG???? It certainly wasn't the same type of hand that wrote Dear Boss and Saucy Jack!!

You see... it is impossible to have one load of policemen saying that the killer was the writer of the Goulston St graffiti and another lot saying that the writer of Dear Boss and Saucy Jack was the killer. So all had to say that all three bits of scribble were from the same hand... but it isn't brain surgery....

...it is seriously impossible to say that!!..... given there was no definitive record of the GSG!.... and the types of writing, by description.... don't match at all!

Phil
    Last edited by Phil Carter; 07-08-2014, 10:23 AM.
    Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
    Accountability? ....

Comment

Originally posted by Hatchett View Post
      Hi,

Not a bad theory, but would the killer with an injured hand go on and kill someone else?

Of course the killer of Stride neednt have been the killer of Eddowes.

Best wishes,
      Hatchett,

Thanks for the reply
      Without knowing the severity of the proposed cut, that would be hard to answer. True it doesn't have to be the same killer, I believe this scenario pretty much makes it have to be the same killer (hence the piece of apron).

Cheers
      DRoy

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
        ... it is impossible to have one load of policemen saying that the killer was the writer of the Goulston St graffiti and another lot saying that the writer of Dear Boss and Saucy Jack was the killer. So all had to say that all three bits of scribble were from the same hand... but it isn't brain surgery....

...it is seriously impossible to say that!!..... given there was no definitive record of the GSG!.... and the types of writing, by description.... don't match at all!

Phil

As a tiny weeny add on... the GSG handwriting was described as "neat schoolboy hand"....

not exactly the same as Dear Boss and Saucy Jack is it?

Not brain surgery...both can't have been from the killer. Even though the dear old intrepid Met Police et al told us it was...

Phil
        Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
          I´ve never seen this suggested before, and it is fresh thinking, I´ll say that much.

The rag, however - did he procure that in Mitre Square? And had he bled all the way up there? Or are you suggesting something else altogether?

Overall, I think the drawback of proposing that the killer cut himself in Dutfield´s Yard is the minimum of cutting done there. Cutting a neck would normally not involve a pattern of movement that would have you cutting yourself unless you were rather clumsy.

It´s good to have your views stirred around a little, anyhow!

The best,
          Fisherman
          Fish,

He must have got the apron piece from Mitre square unless we really push things and suggest after he cut himself killing Stride he came upon Eddowes who was kind enough to cut a piece of her apron to help the poor bleeding man at which time they walked to Mitre square and he decided to kill her?

I agree it might seem odd he cut himself during what we'd assume to be a quick swipe of the knife on Stride but at the same time I don't think we are all 100% satisfied how it was done (although Lynn & Tom might be the two leading experts on this).

Cheers
          DRoy

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
            Hello Roy. Thanks.

I wonder about the source of the faecal matter?

Cheers.
            LC
            Lynn,

If he had it tied or wrapped around his hand he could have got it on himself and/or the apron piece during any of the mutilations to her abdomen.

Cheers
            DRoy

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
              This was written some time ago, but it bears upon the question of timings:

http://www.casebook.org/dissertations/dst-graffito.html
              Thanks very much Scott! I probably haven't read that for years!

Cheers
              DRoy

Comment

I suppose the ultimate answer is quite one nobody likes about this blasted apron piece, timing, double event etc...
                Phil,

Agree 100%! I don't like it at all but it is fun trying to figure it out!

Cheers
                DRoy

Comment

DRoy: Fish,

He must have got the apron piece from Mitre square unless we really push things and suggest after he cut himself killing Stride he came upon Eddowes who was kind enough to cut a piece of her apron to help the poor bleeding man at which time they walked to Mitre square and he decided to kill her?

Yeah, well ...

I agree it might seem odd he cut himself during what we'd assume to be a quick swipe of the knife on Stride but at the same time I don't think we are all 100% satisfied how it was done (although Lynn & Tom might be the two leading experts on this).

I don´t think either of them would deny such a proposal. For sure, Tom wouldn´t.

The best,
                  Fisherman

Comment

Phil Carter:

I wouldn´t say that, Phil - I am rather fond of the whole business, actually.

Good to meet you out here again, by the way - hope all´s well with you!

All the best,
                    Fisherman

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                      Phil Carter:

I wouldn´t say that, Phil - I am rather fond of the whole business, actually.

Good to meet you out here again, by the way - hope all´s well with you!

All the best,
                      Fisherman
                      Hello Christer my friend,

Long time (not time as in PC LONG btw) no see (not as in PC Long not seeing anything first time around either btw) lol

I am well and your good self? A trout or two in the freezer one hopes?

kindest wishes

Phil
                      Last edited by Phil Carter; 07-08-2014, 11:18 AM.
                      Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

Hello Christer my friend,

Long time (not time as in PC LONG btw) no see (not as in PC Long not seeing anything first time around either btw) lol

I am well and your good self? A trout or two in the freezer one hopes?

kindest wishes

Phil
                        It´s well stacked, Phil, I´m happy to say - only this week, my daughter complained that there was nothing but fish to be found in that freezer, so I gave some of it away to neighbours of mine ...
                        ...which means that I can go fishing again!

That should be a fair estimate of how well I am!

"Long (first) time no see" - I like that one!

The best,
                        Fisherman

Comment

Hi,

It could be that Stride put up a bit of a fight and that would explain how he cut himself. The knife itself must have been very sharp.

The same thing could of course go for Eddowes.

Best wishes.

Comment

killer

Hello Phil. Thanks.

Quite agree that the GSG and the letters had NOTHING to do with the killer/s. It's nonsense.

Cheers.
                            LC

Comment

pain

Hello Roy. Thanks.

Very well. But now I wonder about the obvious pain in his cut hand?

Cheers.
                              LC

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                                Hello Roy. Thanks.

Very well. But now I wonder about the obvious pain in his cut hand?

Cheers.
                                LC
                                Lynn,

Adrenalin. We also could only guess at the severity.

Cheers
                                DRoy

Comment

Working...
                                X