Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Theories

Hello,
    I've been interested in the Ripper for many long years, and I *think* I have some new theories.

I'm not trying to make a name for myself or be silly, it's just that I've always thought that some things are obvious and don't seem to have been picked up on generally.

You can see my ideas at my website, rather than my re-typing them out in entirety, the relevant bits are in the "theories" section, I personally think the 1st & 2nd theories are the best, with the 2nd theory being best of all.

The interesting thing is that I have followed these ideas and found someone who is probably a brand new Ripper suspect - that is to say I followed the logic, thought about who might *might have been capable* of being JTR and then looked at the records.

Amazingly, and totally NOT what I was expecteting, I found someone who fitted the bill who committed suicide shortly after the final murder.

Now, I obviously need to do a lot more research, which I am trying to do, but it's not my strong point, and I think I've even found one clear example of this where I thought I had pinned down the person via birth etc records, only to find that the suspect did not die in 1888, but instead died many years later in a "mental hospital".

It's very easy to mislead yourself, but I do believe that I'm on the right track, and hopefully with the results of the research I'm doing may have another viable suspect to add to the pot.

I do however fully realise that it will probably be a total red herring. like all of those who have gone before me trying to put a name to the invisible face.

Anyway, I'd be greatly appreciative of any input, ideas, or thoughts regarding what I consider to be my logical interpretations of the data.

And when I get the results of my investigations I will share the conclusions with you whether they look good, bad, or indifferent.

Thanks,
    Dave

Hi
    Why don't you just cut and paste them here then so you don't have to re type it all out. I doubt anyone will click on an unknown link-I know I won't.

But I do want to hear your theories.
    "Is all that we see or seem
    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Hi Dave

I really like your website I thought your theories were well presented, concise and fairly clear. I also think your website looks great as well.

I agree your second theory is definitely the strongest of the three. A good re-examination of an age-old question.

Just one query however. You mention the following:

"For the second murder on Saturday 8th September 1888 he would have finished work at 12 noon on Saturday and be in his weekend off. He would not be due back to work until Monday at 12 noon;"

Perhaps I've misunderstood but this doesn't seem to fit with the timing of the Chapman murder.

Comment

thanks DGB it's very kind of you to take the time to look.

I don't quite follow what you mean re Chapman, it might be that I've been trying to get a lot of ideas down quickly and have missed a few steps that make sense, would you mind please expanding on what you said.

Thanks,
        Dave

Comment

Yes, this is far from being the run of the mill "nutter" website...the theories are backed by such evidence as there is, and in all truth probably echo the thoughts of many students here.

The facts of the case are honestly stated and both coherently and intelligently stated, and the author's conclusions, so far, whether one agrees with them or not, are at least logically arrived at.

That "so far" is an important proviso though...as I didn't see on the site, the promised new suspect! I may've missed him though...just so long as he isn't a carman or a diarist!

All the best

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by DaveShuts View Post
            thanks DGB it's very kind of you to take the time to look.

I don't quite follow what you mean re Chapman, it might be that I've been trying to get a lot of ideas down quickly and have missed a few steps that make sense, would you mind please expanding on what you said.

Thanks,
            Dave
            He means that if your suspect was working until 12 noon on Sept 8, he would not have been able to kill Chapman as she was killed approximately six hours earlier, at around 6 in the morning on the 8th.

Let all Oz be agreed;
            I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Hi Abby Normal.

I would cut and paste them here, except that the "duplicate content" penalty from Google would undoubtedly send my website to the depths of the internet.

I'll instead recap the ideas:

1) The timings of the murders have a pattern that may help to narrow down the possible suspects;
              2) The method of murder is very specific - cut the throat while the person is still conscious (i.e. strangle until unconscious and then cut the throat) to allow the blood to drain from the body so that access to the body, and specifically the organs, is cleaner;
              3) Elizabeth Stride for the reasons explored above is not Ripper victim;

The link is okay, no viruses, etc, just my ideas on an independent website.

Comment

Thanks for the link, Dave.
                I'll go there and be back - if I survive.

Cheers

Comment

To Ally:

"He means that if your suspect was working until 12 noon on Sept 8, he would not have been able to kill Chapman as she was killed approximately six and a half hours earlier, at around 5:30 in the morning on the 8th."

Yes, this is I think where many problems occur re timings - she is discovered at 5-45 am on Saturday 8th September.

You are quite correct that I made an error which is that the killer finished work at noon on 7th September.

Therefore what I am saying is if he finished work on 7th September (remember most people worked 12 hour shifts, 6 days per week), and prowled the streets to find a victim.

I think what most people do is think "she was found in the morning of the 8th" (including my error) and somehow forget that this means the killer was looking for her and possibly found her during the evening of the 7th.

So, he finished work at 12 noon on the 7th.
                  Last edited by DaveShuts; 07-01-2013, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DVV View Post
                    if I survive.
                    I did not.
                    Excluding Stride + Dr Jack = quick escape

Comment

So, he finished work at 12 noon on the 7th.
                      How do you know?

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

LoL but if you consider the methodology behind the way of killing the victims, and the testimony of the people on the scene who were qualified to comment, then it is clear that he had skill and must have known what he was looking for.

Could you cut open a person in a dark street and "with one sweep of a knife" cut out all of the pelvic organs?

I know I couldn't, he must have known what he was doing, it makes no sense otherwise as to the method of killing or the removal of organs.

Comment

To Ally
                          (reply doesn't seem to be working)
                          "How do you know?"

I don't, I am hypothesising, looking at the dates and times of the killings and trying to see if there is a pattern.

If the killer worked 12 hour shifts, 12 am to 12 noon, and 12 noon to 12 am then it fits perfectly.

So in my hypothesis he would have finished at the time given in order to kill the 2nd victim at the time he did.

It might be wrong, however, it fits and makes sense, and since it's 125 years ago we do not have much else to go on.

Comment

Could you cut open a person in a dark street and "with one sweep of a knife" cut out all of the pelvic organs?
                            Feel free to pm my wife.

Comment

To Ally
                              (reply doesn't seem to be working)
                              "How do you know?"

I don't, I am hypothesising, looking at the dates and times of the killings and trying to see if there is a pattern.

If the killer worked 12 hour shifts, 12 am to 12 noon, and 12 noon to 12 am then it fits perfectly.

So in my hypothesis he would have finished at the time given in order to kill the 2nd victim at the time he did.

It might be wrong, however, it fits and makes sense, and since it's 125 years ago we do not have much else to go on.
                              Apologies. I thought, based on your opening post here, you'd actually identified a suspect and had built a case around him. I didn't realize it was all mere speculation on hypothetical scenarios.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Working...
                              X