London crime wave?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Lynn

Forgive my asking but what do you mean by "she was a result of it " ?

She may have been mutilated as a result of the Whitechapel murders but her murder was simply the result of her refusing the advances of a drunken Waddell
    Last edited by Jon Guy; 12-18-2012, 01:09 PM.

Comment

summary

Hello Jon. Thanks.

I think your last sentence sums up neatly what I was saying. Of course, she would have been killed irrespective of events in Whitechapel/Spitalfields. But her mutilations would not have been evidenced.

Cheers.
      LC

Comment

Hi Lynn

Just for jolly, here`s a detailed account of the affair.

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
          Hello Jon. Thanks.

I think your last sentence sums up neatly what I was saying. Of course, she would have been killed irrespective of events in Whitechapel/Spitalfields. But her mutilations would not have been evidenced.

Cheers.
          LC
          But doesn't that serve to show just how rare and sensational the Whitechapel mutilation murders must have been, if the one or two examples from elsewhere in the country can be put down to the odd killer getting ideas they would not otherwise have had without the extensive media coverage?

And where does that leave you with Stride, whose killer could so easily have added a slash here or a rip there, if he had wanted or needed to make her look like another ripper job - unless he was interrupted after all, or didn't dare hang around for the few extra seconds it would have taken him?

While we might expect the odd copycat mutilation or throat-cutting murder, anywhere the newspapers reached, and committed by someone with a reason for attacking a specific individual, would it not be a truly remarkable coincidence for such a thing to have happened on the same few streets as the crime wave itself, involving the identical victim type, at a similar time of night or day of the week, and in such similar circumstances (no loud screaming, swiftly efficient kill, no sign of the killer running away etc)?

Love,

Caz
          X
          Last edited by caz; 12-18-2012, 03:43 PM.
          "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

I believe the Gateshead murder greatly influenced Bagster Phillips and his perception of these murders. His only interview on these murders by a Press Association reporter at the close of the Chapman inquest ( Phillips had just returned from Gateshead) is very telling.
            Best Wishes,
            Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

Three Tuns

Hello Jon. Thanks for that. Wish it WERE a bit more jolly.

Interesting place for an inquest?

Cheers.
              LC

Comment

criminal mind

Hello Caroline. Thanks.

"But doesn't that serve to show just how rare and sensational the Whitechapel mutilation murders must have been, if the one or two examples from elsewhere in the country can be put down to the odd killer getting ideas they would not otherwise have had without the extensive media coverage?"

Perhaps. It also serves to show how a criminal mind works.

Stride? Never thought SHE was a copycat--only Eddowes.

Cheers.
                LC

Comment

deep thinker

Hello Cris. Thanks.

Indeed. Bagster was a VERY conscientious man and thought deeply before making a move.

Cheers.
                  LC

Comment

Working...
                  X