On a lighter note...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On a lighter note...

Thought this might be a little refuge from the ongoing battles within the forum. I'd like to ask you all, If you had the opportunity to go back to 1888 and ask one of the 5 main victims 1 question 30 minutes before her death' what would you ask?
    To start it off I would ask Eddowes why she said her name was Mary Anne Kelly. Probably wouldn't help much but it really bugs me!!

Originally posted by miakaal4 View Post
    Thought this might be a little refuge from the ongoing battles within the forum. I'd like to ask you all, If you had the opportunity to go back to 1888 and ask one of the 5 main victims 1 question 30 minutes before her death' what would you ask?
    To start it off I would ask Eddowes why she said her name was Mary Anne Kelly. Probably wouldn't help much but it really bugs me!!
    Polly Nichols: where did you get your bonnet?

Eddowes: who do you think the killer is?

Comment

Mary Kelly-how much?

Comment

I'd ask them to stay with me for the next 30 minutes, if you want to see the morning.
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Mary Ann Kelly was a 29 year old local that we know as the last victim.

6 Fashion Street was immediately behind Stride's building,32 Flower and Dean Street, where there was an archway with open access to that Jewish soup kitchen.
          Some people thought she lived in Fashion Street.

Some people "think" these three didn't know each other

Sergeant James Byfield, of the City Police: I remember the deceased being brought to the Bishopsgate Station at a quarter to nine o'clock on the night of Saturday, Sept. 29.
          [Coroner] In what condition was she? - Very drunk. She was brought in supported by two constables and placed in a cell, where she remained until one o'clock the next morning, when she had got sober. I then discharged her, after she had given her name and address.
          [Coroner] What name and address did she give? - Mary Ann Kelly, No. 6, Fashion-street, Spitalfields.
          [Coroner] Did she say where she had been, or what she had been doing? - She stated that she had been hopping.
          Last edited by DJA; 08-31-2020, 03:25 PM.
          My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Originally posted by abby normal View Post

mary kelly-emma chisett?
            fify

Comment

I suppose I could do the most for Ripperology by asking MJK what her birth name and birthplace was.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                I'd ask them to stay with me for the next 30 minutes, if you want to see the morning.
                Hmmm I should try that one next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Damaso Marte View Post
                  I suppose I could do the most for Ripperology by asking MJK what her birth name and birthplace was.
                  Mary Ann Kelly.

Baptised at St.Leonard's Church,1859.

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post

Mary Ann Kelly.

Baptised at St.Leonard's Church,1859.
                    Cunning....she kept her first and last names, but changed her middle name and invented a totally ficticious back-story?

Comment

Born 27th April,1859.

Baptised 22nd May at the same Church where her body was kept during the Inquest.

Family bears an amazing similarity to Barnett's recollection.

Showed up in the 1881 Census at Whitechapel Infirmary with Syphilis.

Possibly adopted Jeanette as a middle name during a visit to Le Chabanais in Paris, which was operated by an Irish Madame Kelly.

Henry Gawen Sutton was Vestry Medical Officer from when she was ~ 9 years old until his death.
                      Last edited by DJA; 08-31-2020, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post
                        Born 27th April,1859.

Baptised 22nd May at the same Church where her body was kept during the Inquest.

Family bears an amazing similarity to Barnett's recollection.

Showed up in the 1881 Census at Whitechapel Infirmary with Syphilis.

Possibly adopted Jeanette as a middle name during a visit to Le Chabanais in Paris, which was operated by an Irish Madame Kelly.

Henry Gawen Sutton was Vestry Medical Officer from when she was ~ 9 years old until his death.
                        Bit on the old side?

My candidate is Mary Thomas who I believe is a better option, but I would say that.

I am aware there are some excellent researchers and geneology buffs here - and I am just a mere amateur. I want to share my theory and initial findings so that someone far more expert and qualified than I can tell me to stop wasting my time. I think at this stage I'm going down more rabbit holes than a champion beagle. The

Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
                        JayHartley.com

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post

Cunning....she kept her first and last names, but changed her middle name and invented a totally ficticious back-story?
                          Oh I think Dave has the name right, it's just another one of the many Mary Ann Kelly's that are listed in the census records.
                          And, I can't fault MJK's back story (her bio), it may have been real enough, it just didn't belong to the victim. Much like Stride, who made up a bio of her own too. I don't think it was all that uncommon to adopt a different background.
                          Last edited by Wickerman; 08-31-2020, 09:04 PM.
                          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by erobitha View Post

Bit on the old side?

My candidate is Mary Thomas who I believe is a better option, but I would say that.

I am aware there are some excellent researchers and geneology buffs here - and I am just a mere amateur. I want to share my theory and initial findings so that someone far more expert and qualified than I can tell me to stop wasting my time. I think at this stage I'm going down more rabbit holes than a champion beagle. The
                            Well done, on your research.
                            Some interesting coincidences there, it takes a long time doesn't it, waiting for replies I found the most painful side to researching a subject.
                            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

Well done, on your research.
                              Some interesting coincidences there, it takes a long time doesn't it, waiting for replies I found the most painful side to researching a subject.
                              I think you summed it up perfectly. It’s a painful exercise and heavily time consuming, but more and more coincidences keep popping up. Until someone puts me out of my misery by declaring it complete nonsense I have to stick with it.
                              Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
                              JayHartley.com

Comment

Working...
                              X