No announcement yet.

CCTV - Where Would You Put It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would opt for Miller's Court. It would tell us all kinds of things about the Kelly murder, and it might even give clues as to the involvement/non-involvement of Barnett in the other murders.

Comment

Hi Curious

Originally posted by curious View Post
      I'd be interested in hearing further thoughts on this.
      One of the first to be suspected for the Chapman murder was John Richardson, who worked for his mum at 29 Hanbury St. He visited the house on the morning of the murder at about the same time that Dr Phillips estimated the time of Chapman`s death to be. Richardson admitted that in the past he had ejected prostitutes from the premises.

Comment

Richardson

Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
        Hi Curious

One of the first to be suspected for the Chapman murder was John Richardson, who worked for his mum at 29 Hanbury St. He visited the house on the morning of the murder at about the same time that Dr Phillips estimated the time of Chapman`s death to be. Richardson admitted that in the past he had ejected prostitutes from the premises.
        Hi Jon,

In which case, wouldn't he be actively looking out for prostitutes, and therefore sure to see the body of a prostitute at the foot of the steps, if there was a body to see?

Regards, Bridewell.
        I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Hi Colin...quite

Dave

Comment

it doesn't matter where you put it, because there are so many today, that JTR wouldn't stand a hope in hell of escaping detection, Ghoulston st is as good as anywhere.

millers court no, because there'd be so many of you being caught waving on camera with your olympic flags that in the 23rd century we still cant tell who JTR is

Comment

Mr Bridewell, Sir,

If you have a camera left over can I put it opposite the gateway to Dutfield's Yard so that we can find out more about the Stride murder. For example, did she go into the yard alone and then someone followed her a short while later. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Your obedient servant,
              Carol

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm X View Post
                it doesn't matter where you put it, because there are so many today, that JTR wouldn't stand a hope in hell of escaping detection, Ghoulston st is as good as anywhere.

millers court no, because there'd be so many of you being caught waving on camera with your olympic flags that in the 23rd century we still cant tell who JTR is
                Nice to see you back, Malcolm !
                http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

Dorset street pointing to commercial street might show who went in and out of miller's court but wouldn't show anything conclusively I would guess.
                  Anyway without infra red it would mostly be futile. And with decent lighting the images are always grainy abd rubbish.

What next - where would you place a land mine?

Comment

What next - where would you place a land mine?
                    [/QUOTE]

It is just a bit of fun, Lechmere; People would all choose to put the landmine under you, if you're not careful !
                    http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

I am always very careful and I step lightly

Comment

Originally posted by Lechmere View Post
                        I am always very careful and I step lightly
                        I've dished my fair share out, so I have to be prepared to take a bit back!

Regards, Bridewell.

Comment

Hi Colin
                          Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
                          In which case, wouldn't he be actively looking out for prostitutes, and therefore sure to see the body of a prostitute at the foot of the steps, if there was a body to see?
                          Sorry for delay, just seen this.

Yes, Richardson was sitting on the middle step so there is no doubt he would have seen the body.

As you know, the reason for his early market day checks on the cellar at number 29 were due to someone having broken in and taken items. So, yes, I imagine he would be on his toes regarding unwelcome people in the house.

I do wonder how forceful Richardson would have been waking and ejecting people sleeping in the passage way, or girls trying to conduct business in the yard. He was a big guy and I doubt the verbal exchanges were very pleasant.

I have been trying to relocate the newspaper article which mentions some contemporary "murder site tourists" who ran into someone in the yard of number 29 who told them rather roughly where to go.. it`s an interesting article and I can`t recall whether it was John Richardson they ran into.

Comment

Hi Jon,

I remember seeing it too within the last few weeks on this site. There were two women who entered the building and one of their husbands came to their support when they were chased back out, as I recall.

Regards, Bridewell.

Comment

That`s the one. Thank God someone else remembers it.

Comment

It was John Davies` lad, James, and it was in 1891.

Debs found the article below:

Comment

Working...
                                X