Evidence that indicates guilt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evidence that indicates guilt.

Is there any evidence that can be construed as indicating guilt,and that can be levelled at a particular person.?It would be ideal if we had an eye witness to just one of the murders who witnessed the act of killing,but we lack that kind of evidence.Is there anything that comes near?

I don’t think that there’s a single suspect that fall into that category Harry. With the evidence that we have been left with a case couldn’t be built against any suspect although Fish would disagree. James Scobie felt that a case could be made against Lechmere. I and others would point out though that Scobie only received a file compiled by someone building a case against a Lechmere. I’m not saying that this was dishonestly done of course but if a fair judgment has to be made on any subject all sides must be taken into consideration.

So basically my answer would be no. We take what we know and we interpret and we come to our own opinion. And naturally we’ll disagree of course.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by harry View Post
      Is there any evidence that can be construed as indicating guilt,and that can be levelled at a particular person.?
      Yes.

William H Bury.

Hold your horses, I'm not claiming he was the killer, I've heard all the arguments. Fact remains, we have a murderer who lived in the East End during the crimes, whose signature was not unlike the Whitechapel series.

To be honest, I'm amazed at how blithely the police dismissed him from their enquiries.

Comment

Originally posted by harry View Post
        Is there any evidence that can be construed as indicating guilt,and that can be levelled at a particular person.?It would be ideal if we had an eye witness to just one of the murders who witnessed the act of killing,but we lack that kind of evidence.Is there anything that comes near?
        You know Ive always felt that we may have had such a witness in Morris Eagle. He claimed to be arriving back at the club and entering via the passageway at right around the time Liz is fatally assaulted, and he "couldn't be sure" whether a body was there when he went in past the gates. I think its possible he may have witnessed the act, and that Goldstein, who was just passing by the entranceway to a passage with cottages in it that contained cigarette makers, some who said they were awake, with a black bag of cigarette cartons...may have been waved off when he looked into the passageway by someone over a dying woman.

This presented Eagle with some issues...tell what he saw and it would appear that someone at the club did this deed, and the club likely closes. He loses his speaking revenues. Probably close the Arbeter printing down. Say he says he saw nothing and everything goes on, and later Israel provides the off site gentile attacker as insurance.

By the timings provided I think its possible one of those 12:40-1am witnesses saw what happened. But self preservation prevented the truth from being told.
        Michael Richards

Comment

No. All we have is circumstantial evidence at best, and nothing as far as I can see to implicate a suspect on balance of probability, let alone beyond all reasonable doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post

Yes.

William H Bury.

Hold your horses, I'm not claiming he was the killer, I've heard all the arguments. Fact remains, we have a murderer who lived in the East End during the crimes, whose signature was not unlike the Whitechapel series.

To be honest, I'm amazed at how blithely the police dismissed him from their enquiries.
            agree harry
            I cant help but imagine that if he hadn't moved and killed Ellen in the east end, then he would have been looked at much more closely for being the ripper.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post

You know Ive always felt that we may have had such a witness in Morris Eagle. He claimed to be arriving back at the club and entering via the passageway at right around the time Liz is fatally assaulted, and he "couldn't be sure" whether a body was there when he went in past the gates. I think its possible he may have witnessed the act, and that Goldstein, who was just passing by the entranceway to a passage with cottages in it that contained cigarette makers, some who said they were awake, with a black bag of cigarette cartons...may have been waved off when he looked into the passageway by someone over a dying woman.

This presented Eagle with some issues...tell what he saw and it would appear that someone at the club did this deed, and the club likely closes. He loses his speaking revenues. Probably close the Arbeter printing down. Say he says he saw nothing and everything goes on, and later Israel provides the off site gentile attacker as insurance.

By the timings provided I think its possible one of those 12:40-1am witnesses saw what happened. But self preservation prevented the truth from being told.
              well then who did Morris eagle see in the "act"?

Comment

Working...
              X