Conspiracy Theories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conspiracy Theories

As I've been accused of being a conspiracy theorist who should stick to the facts, I thought this might be of interest to some—

Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
    As I've been accused of being a conspiracy theorist who should stick to the facts, I thought this might be of interest to some—

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...111/pops.12568
    One does have to wonder why the authors of the study - allegedly disinterested academics, so far as we're told - would spend quite so much time and effort working to advance one interpretation of conspiracy theories over another. Obviously, this proves nothing, but...
    - Ginger

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger View Post

One does have to wonder why the authors of the study would spend quite so much time and effort working to advance one interpretation of conspiracy theories over another.
      Yeah, that's just what they want us to believe...
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...111/pops.12568
        Excellent passage, great read, thanks for the link!

Comment

I for one would like to see a CB poll surveying the membership on whether or not there was a conspiracy / cover up regarding the WMs.

Comment

Originally posted by mpriestnall View Post
            I for one would like to see a CB poll surveying the membership on whether or not there was a conspiracy / cover up regarding the WMs.
            Well start one.
            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Hi Gut

I would if I knew how...

I'm new here so I hardly know the basics of the using the website.

Martyn

Comment

I just walked into a pub here in London and asked the female barperson if they had WIFi. She said no. I tried it anyway and typed this post.

Take away: Believe Nothing You Hear, and Only One Half That You See!

Comment

Hi Gut

I would if I knew how...

I'm new here so I hardly know the basics of the using the website.

Martyn
                  Exit the thread, and go into the category view, where you see the names of all the threads in the category. Click on "new topic" at the upper left. Directly below where you enter the title of your post, you'll see four purple icons - a camera, a link, a bar graph, and a calendar. Click the bar graph to get started.
                  - Ginger

Comment

Nice one Ginger. Thank you.

Comment

I just walked into a pub here in London and asked the female barperson if they had WIFi. She said no. I tried it anyway and typed this post.

Take away: Believe Nothing You Hear, and Only One Half That You See!
                      Could have been a neighboring business's wifi; then again some good advice might be is to believe nothing you hear and half you see.
                      Last edited by APerno; 05-18-2019, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Should prove a difficult question to word, especially with this crowd; you are probably going to get nuanced to death. But I am in, I got an opinion.

Comment

Here's my initial wording:

Did the victorian police/authorities know the identity of Jack the Ripper?
                          • Jack;s identity was known to parts of the police/authorities after the murders and supressed it.
                          • Jack's identify was known to parts of the police/authorities during the murders and supressed it.
                          • Jack's identify was not known to the police/authorities.
                          • Not sure / don't know.

Unless someone can improve this before I drink my current, nearly full, diet coke, I'll go with this.

++

APerno, loved your phrase "nuanced to death". I think KISS is the way go. People will nuance it anyway. I know I would.

Cheers,

Martyn

Comment

Simon, sorry for any derailment btw.

Comment

No problem, Martyn. I can't wait to cast my vote,
                              Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Working...
                              X