No announcement yet.

Before it's too late

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where I live, the custom is to place the coffin in a vault and then bury the lot. I don't know if that was the practice in the U.K.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• The vault is usually a cast concrete box. The lid is of the same material.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Are the sewers from 1888 still in place or were there sewers?

Stan Reid

Comment

• New evidence still to come?

I believe, unlike some it sounds, that the JtR case was always quite popular. And that being said, that there have always been souvenir hunters from day one. I think that maybe there have been some people that have received some hand me downs from their grandparents that might be linked to the case. The people who's fathers and grandfathers who were alive at the time of the investigation are now in their 80's and 90's, and some of them just may have got something handed down to them. Lets just hope that when these folks start droping off their familys have the insight to realize that they may have found something of a historic value and don't just toss it out.
          My bet, that in the next decade, maybe two, we will have some new, fresh material to look over. Any takers?

Comment

• Originally posted by RedBundy13 View Post
            Lets just hope that when these folks start droping off their familys have the insight to realize that they may have found something of a historic value and don't just toss it out.
            Yes, that's a major concern.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
              is there anyone still alive (perhaps a clerk or something) who might have looked at them before 1940 when they were still extant? And, could we find that person and could they remember something they saw in there that would increase our knowledge?
              Although its a good idea I think it would be a waste of time in the end. Even if someone does come forward I think their memories would end up being part of the puzzle rather than the solution. Although I try not to form opinions about the case it is very difficult when you are onto something. There are people here who believe one theory and one theory only and if an old man with a few stories about old times doesnt fit into their box it will be discredited. Without hard evidence anyone is going find it very difficult to throw any new ingredients in the pot.
              Last edited by chudmuskett; 02-09-2012, 09:35 PM.

Comment

• No doubt anything new would be viewed with skepticism by some.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I'm sure with any reasonable claim some would choose to believe it and some would choose not to.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Too True

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                    No doubt anything new would be viewed with skepticism by some.
                    The Swanson Marginalia & Littlechild Letter being cases in point.

Regards, Bridewell.
                    I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

• That's for sure.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
                        The Swanson Marginalia & Littlechild Letter being cases in point.
                        One far more than the other and for good reason I think.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                          No doubt anything new would be viewed with skepticism by some.
                          And for good reason after that diary deal.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Hopefully we can find a photo of Aberline while someone is still alive to identify it as such.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Maybe one will turn up in some European book about him or about Pinkerton's.

Comment

• Yes, you would think that Pinkerton's would have a photo of all its agents.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X