What was withheld??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
    Have you mentioned Lawende being curtailed when giving a description?
    I don't recall that being mentioned - thanks.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Hmm - It looks like some features such as "Today's Posts" and "Find all threads started by" aren't working on this site today.
      Last edited by sdreid; 06-05-2013, 01:20 PM.

Stan Reid

Comment

• A now "New Posts" is also gone.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I guess those features are lost forever.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Hi Stan

Those features seem to be working for me.

Comment

• OK thanks then it must be on my end. Either that or they're slowly phasing me out.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Of course the idea of a serial killer wasn't in the picture yet but you have to wonder if all of Emma Smith's statement was released.

Stan Reid

Comment

• In Smith's case it was probably more a problem with her withholding information rather than authorities.

Stan Reid

Comment

• And, Smith's story was complicated by the fact that it was secondhand.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Kosminski, Ostrog and Druitt were withheld for a while, in a fashion, but I don't see how that furthered any chance of solving the crime.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I don't think all the injuries on some of the victims were released in detail.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                          I don't think all the injuries on some of the victims were released in detail.
                          I think that might have been the case. And there might have been something in those injuries that told them it was the same person responsible for the killings.

I have a feeling that there was something the police did not release that led them to believe in one killer.

curious

Comment

• Yes, perhaps the knife was serrated or nicked or dull in a certain section and left a particular mark.

Stan Reid

Comment

• The more I think about it, the more I think it was something like that.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by curious View Post

I think that might have been the case. And there might have been something in those injuries that told them it was the same person responsible for the killings.

I have a feeling that there was something the police did not release that led them to believe in one killer.

curious
                                That would explain, despite the differences, why almost all the authorities at the time thought that Stride was a Ripper victim.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X