What was withheld??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
    The fact the doctors (Macdonald, Phillips) searched the ashes in the fire grate suggests something only they could recognise, like body tissue, was indeed missing.

Regards, Jon S.
    If they did just a cursory look, I can't believe that they wouldn't have found something that they recognized as at least part of a human heart had it been there.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• It would be like a steak I think. If you severely burn a steak, it still looks like a steak - only smaller and blacker.

Stan Reid

Comment

• and harder

Stan Reid

Comment

• Kelly seemed to be withholding information on her own, never mind authorities.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Of course, withholding information for investigative reasons and covering up are two different things.

Stan Reid

Comment

• and the former could be used as an excuse for the latter.

Stan Reid

Comment

• The inference that Eddowes was a prostitute could be categorized as presumption or possibly could have been deliberate misinformation.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                  If they did just a cursory look, I can't believe that they wouldn't have found something that they recognized as at least part of a human heart had it been there.
                  Maybe they did, but we recall what happened when the police let it known a kidney was taken. Maybe they did not want boxes containing hearts arriving in the mail all next week.

In so far as the investigation was concerned, the press did not need to know whether the heart was truly missing.

Regards, Jon S.
                  Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Maybe they did, but we recall what happened when the police let it known a kidney was taken. Maybe they did not want boxes containing hearts arriving in the mail all next week.
                    I must admit I hadn't thought of that, Jon, but it's a good point.

Regards, Bridewell.
                    I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                      Maybe they did, but we recall what happened when the police let it known a kidney was taken. Maybe they did not want boxes containing hearts arriving in the mail all next week.
                      Yes, that could have been a factor as well.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I wonder how many human hearts the medical schools had to spare back then.

Stan Reid

Comment

I wonder how many human hearts the medical schools had to spare back then.
                          Somehow, I think Mary Kelly was beyond saving...

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Ah yes, I agree with that.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I wonder what other information might have been withheld "to protect the public" as was claimed with the erasure of the GSG.

Stan Reid

Comment

I wonder what other information might have been withheld "to protect the public" as was claimed with the erasure of the GSG.
                                Have you mentioned Lawende being curtailed when giving a description?

Given the size of the investigation I think the police held back quite a bit from the press/public, and therefore obviously, the killer.

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Working...
                                X