Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So why is everyone making such a big deal about Feigenbaum all of a sudden?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Wolf. Do you know if ,as a sailor[?] he docked in London?If so then he would have undoubtedly docked in the East End---ie within a mile or two of the Minories .

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
      Quite easily Norma,

There is no mention of Feigenbaum in an contemporary case file report and the only connection we have is a statement by his rather suspicious solicitor, nothing else. Whereas a Kosminski is named by a lead investigator not as Jack I add, however the name is there.

So forgive me if I do not get excited over a suspect who really has no evidence behind him. One in a cast of thousands.

And, how do you know a Kosminski wasnt the killer? I assume you presume the Kosminski is Aaron however nothing have been verified.

As for Trevors crusade. Yes, I hope it will lead to a breakthrough. However Trevor is suspect driven and will seek any opportunity to forward his man, as we have seen. An open mind is something I feel is a little too far for him, so, again, forgive my wariness.

Monty
      I beg to differ i am not suspect driven i started out in 2002 without a suspect in mind.Having ruled out the "prime suspects" I started to investigate the posibilty that the killer could have been a traveller having regard to the gaps between the murders, couple with the docks being right on the doorstep to Whitechapel.

There is no direct evidence to put Feigenbaum in Whitechapel at the time of the murder other than his lawyer who stated he had ascertained he was. But again there is no evidence to show he was not there at the time of the murders.

Carl Feigenbaum had a long history of working for The Nordeutcher Line who vessels plied there trade between Germany and London.

Feigenbaum was a liar a thief and used aliases and most of all he was known to carry a long blade knife which he had the sheath for and a pummel stone for sharpening when arrested oh an not forgettting the fact that he did murder a female by cutting her throat to the point of decapitation. Lets also not forget he was decsribed as being mad on his entry form to Sing Sing prison.

I think all of those facts alone must put him firmly in the frame to have committed one, some or perhaps all of the murders although I feel the latter is highly unlikely and also the possiblity of him being concerned in the later murders. He ticks most of the boxes which is more than can be said for other suspects and some of the new material unearthed in relation to these other suspects has only led me to still belive in Feigenbaums involvemnt in some form in these murders.
      Last edited by Trevor Marriott; 09-12-2011, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Trevor,

I disagree. These facts do not put him FIRMLY in the frame at all. However Carl is worth considering.

I will say, despite our spats, that I do have an admiration for your endeavours on this suspect and your honesty when you state " There is no direct evidence to put Feigenbaum in Whitechapel at the time of the murder other than his lawyer who stated he had ascertained he was."

And I agree with you there's nothing to say he wasn't either.

Whilst I am suspicious of suspect based Ripperologists I do think that to have the balls to lay oneself open and declare a suspect is courageous.

For that, and I don't do this often, I commend you.

Monty
        Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Weakling...

Hi y'all,

One thing I've never heard discussed and perhaps it's irrelevant but am I the only one who thinks that Feige-meister wasn't strong enough to be the fiend. I believe he was listed as 120 lbs. (8.5 stone) when incarcerated. The subjugation and evisceration of these women showed physical strength - certainly different from jumping on a woman in a house and slashing her. I think some of these unfortunates could have whipped his arse. Could this wimp have been capable of these murders? I know knives can make a coward courageous but still........?

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by GregBaron View Post
            Hi y'all,

One thing I've never heard discussed and perhaps it's irrelevant but am I the only one who thinks that Feige-meister wasn't strong enough to be the fiend. I believe he was listed as 120 lbs. (8.5 stone) when incarcerated. The subjugation and evisceration of these women showed physical strength - certainly different from jumping on a woman in a house and slashing her. I think some of these unfortunates could have whipped his arse. Could this wimp have been capable of these murders? I know knives can make a coward courageous but still........?

Greg
            Greg
            You have to remember that his incarceration was not until 1894 so how he was in 1888 we cannot say perhaps he had been on the "cambridge diet programme"

Dont forget the killer did not remove the organs
            Last edited by Trevor Marriott; 09-13-2011, 02:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty
              I am suspicious of suspect based Ripperologists
              You and many others. The problem is, very few on here seem to be capable of differentiating between a 'suspect-based Ripperologist' and a writer/researcher who spent years studying the case, happened to stumble upon an unresearched suspect, and felt compelled to follow it through to its end, whatever that should be. Of course, I'm talking about myself, but I'm sure this applies to others. Perhaps even Trevor as it seems to me that much of his recent research has not been CF based, but then I don't know him as well as others on here. By my standards, a true 'suspect-based' Ripperologist would be one who jumped in, grabbed a suspect, wrote a book, and jumped out, usually completely convinced by his own ego as opposed to the evidence.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by GregBaron View Post
                Hi y'all,

Greg
                Greg,

Purely anecdotal, but....

I used to a bit of boxing when younger, dad sent me there to keep me head down.

Boxed around the country with the county fighting other lads from counties in England.

Fought this kid from Sheffield, looked in serious need of a good dinner. **** me, the kid could fight. Lesson learned about underestimating anyone based on what they look like.

Comment

Wiry strong little ripper...

Greg,

Purely anecdotal, but....

I used to a bit of boxing when younger, dad sent me there to keep me head down.

Boxed around the country with the county fighting other lads from counties in England.

Fought this kid from Sheffield, looked in serious need of a good dinner. **** me, the kid could fight. Lesson learned about underestimating anyone based on what they look like.
                  Understood Fleetwood, I've seen some wiry strong little dudes in my day as well, but a buck 20(120)....wow...

And like Trevor said perhaps he went on the Atkins diet in the early 90's...................and organ meat is not part of it......................yeah right!

Greg

Comment

Who gives a fig tree for Feigenbaum?

Comment

Originally posted by mpriestnall View Post
                      Who gives a fig tree for Feigenbaum?
                      i saw what you did there
                      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Danke, gut gemacht.

Comment

Working...
                        X