Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So why is everyone making such a big deal about Feigenbaum all of a sudden?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So why is everyone making such a big deal about Feigenbaum all of a sudden?

Haven't been here in awhile ha ha.

I have been pokin around the web and seen what a big deal everyone is making about Carl Feigenbaum. However I cannot gleen if there have been any material developments as Feigenbaum as a suspect.

Have I missed something?

Future Doc,

Reason for the sudden interest in Feigenbaum is simple in my opinion. Trevor Marriott is not much of an analyst or writer, but he surely is a genius at self-promotion.

Don.
    "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

Comment

Nothing...

No, you haven't missed anything FutureM.D.

The media, for whatever reason, has just rehashed the same old story....

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by FutureM.D. View Post

I have been pokin around the web and seen what a big deal everyone is making about Carl Feigenbaum. However I cannot gleen if there have been any material developments as Feigenbaum as a suspect.

Have I missed something?
        Feigenbaum is the flavor of the moment as a suspect being pushed by Mr. Marriott, who, as noted, is quite good at getting publicity for himself and his causes. But you are correct that he has not brought much to the table in terms of the viability of Feigenbaum as a candidate for being the Ripper. He has a book out that names the man as the Ripper and he has a sketch based on Feigenbaum's prison description which is alleged to match the descriptions of the Ripper in London and in New York, if you can believe that.

Chris
        Christopher T. George
        Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
        just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
        For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
        RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

Due to the fact that a certain BBC documentary aired recently. With a lot of self promotion. :-)
          Best regards,
          Maria

Comment

Originally posted by FutureM.D. View Post

Have I missed something?
            I beg to differ. Kosminski seems to be a far more interesting topic than Feigenbaum, and rightly so.

Go compare the hits on the respective threads, then tell me which is flavour of the month.

Trevor is indeed a genius at self promotion. I applaud him. I also applaud his ability to make something out of nothing.

Monty
            Last edited by Monty; 09-10-2011, 11:01 AM.
            Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
              I beg to differ. Kosminski seems to be a far more interesting topic than Feigenbaum, and rightly so.

Go compare the hits on the respective threads, then tell me which is flavour of the month.

Trevor is indeed a genius at self promotion. I applaud him. I also applaud his ability to make something out of nothing.

Monty
              Monty,
              How can you say Kosminski was interesting when all we know about him is that he was ill and lived most of his life on another planet in Leavesdon?
              At least we do know Feigenbaum was a murderer and was executed for his crime and that before that he had travelled about Europe and even spent time in Whitechapel.
              All we really know about before Kosminski was taken to Colney Hatch is that he had become a bit of a handful for his family to manage and that he got into a slight altercation with the law for walking the dog without a muzzle in Cheapside----that was November 1889 a full year after the ripper style murders stopped!
              Norma

Yes,I know,I must read Rob's book -and I will,promise.

Comment

Trevor's talent for capturing attention and his zeal for getting at locked away files might actually lead to some amazing breakthroughs in the case and leave a lot of people eating crow.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Exactly so Tom---thats the second time I have agreed with you tonight!
                  What a pity I have to go out now.Will catch up with this thread later,
                  Cheers,
                  Norma

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                    Trevor's talent for capturing attention and his zeal for getting at locked away files might actually lead to some amazing breakthroughs in the case and leave a lot of people eating crow.
                    For access at locked away files, I'm with him at 100%, for Feigenbaum or organ harvesting at the morgue... nah.
                    Best regards,
                    Maria

Comment

Quite easily Norma,

There is no mention of Feigenbaum in an contemporary case file report and the only connection we have is a statement by his rather suspicious solicitor, nothing else. Whereas a Kosminski is named by a lead investigator not as Jack I add, however the name is there.

So forgive me if I do not get excited over a suspect who really has no evidence behind him. One in a cast of thousands.

And, how do you know a Kosminski wasnt the killer? I assume you presume the Kosminski is Aaron however nothing have been verified.

As for Trevors crusade. Yes, I hope it will lead to a breakthrough. However Trevor is suspect driven and will seek any opportunity to forward his man, as we have seen. An open mind is something I feel is a little too far for him, so, again, forgive my wariness.

Monty
                      Last edited by Monty; 09-10-2011, 09:50 PM.
                      Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Thanks Monty,
                        There is that possibility that the Kosminski both Anderson and Macnaghten mention may not have been Aaron but surely two Kosminski's noted for their anti social practice of 'unmentionable solitary vices' in Whitechapel in the Autumn of 1888 is stretching credibility? But it is possible I grant that,
                        Cheers
                        Norma

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
                          I assume you presume the Kosminski is Aaron however nothing have been verified.
                          Well, Kozminski was certainly a commoner name in Poland than people have imagined, but Kozminskis were still pretty thin on the ground in London in the late 19th century.

Obviously people have been pretty busy in the last couple of decades searching for other Kozminskis who might fit the bill. Aaron ticks most of the boxes (brother(s) in Whitechapel(ish), solitary vices, workhouse (albeit one in Stepney rather than the Stepney Workhouse) and Colney Hatch), and none of the other recorded Kozminskis fit at all.

If it's a different Kozminski, I think it has to be a man who was recorded under a different surname for most if not all of the relevant events (admission to the workhouse, admission to Colney Hatch and death). I can't say that's impossible, but the question is why the police would refer to him by a different surname from the one used in the official records.

On the whole I think the probability has to be pretty overwhelming that the Kozminski the police were referring to was Aaron.
                          Last edited by Chris; 09-11-2011, 02:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Natalie Severn
                            Exactly so Tom---thats the second time I have agreed with you tonight!
                            Hi Nats, thanks for that!

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

At least we do know Feigenbaum was a murderer and was executed for his crime and that before that he had travelled about Europe and even spent time in Whitechapel.
                              Actually, we don't know that Feigenbaum ever "spent time in Whitechapel." He may have, of course, as a sailor visited the Port of London and spent time in Whitechapel but there is no evidence to prove this.

Wolf.

Comment

Working...
                              X