No announcement yet.

Historical Chinese Whispers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True - there's nothing wrong with folk stories as long as you are aware they may or may not be accurate. As I said, some of my relatives tell some pretty entertaining yarns about our family - pretty thin on truth, though!

As a good friend of mine once said: "There's horse thieves, drunkards, and ministers in my family tree - and that's just one great-great grandfather!" Maybe he was the rippper as well . . .

Comment

Claire:

Do none of the stores sell them over there? But they sell in Pakistan? Wow!
      So I guess it would please you very little then if I was to mention that they are currently on sale and i've got two packets of double coated ones sitting in the cupboard?
      Looks like a trip to Australia for you then......

As for the topic, sometimes truth can be found even when it looks like the whole story is a myth. Look at Robin Hood, most people thought it was just a bit of a tall tale, but evidence has come to light which suggests that there really was a Robin Hood around in the correct place at the correct time....(or at least his name was "Robin Hode"....memory has become a bit vague but it was on a docco not very long ago), so I guess the same could apply to Ripperology and other fields as well.

Cheers,
      Adam.

Comment

Working...
      X