No announcement yet.

Do you believe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would it be possible to read anywhere police or public reports regarding the nights in between the actual murders, ie. whether the police pulled anyone up in the street for questioning or whether a member of the public reported an incident which may have actually been an aborted murder attempt by the ripper ?

it would be interesting if there were any names or descriptions attached which could possibly shed further suspicion on those that have already been put forward as possible suspects, in particular addresses of people questioned or names which we could pinpoint through census.

Comment

But at the same time, yes I think it's practically a certainty that the Ripper had nights- perhaps many of them- in which he went out trolling but found no opportunity that felt right to him.]

The Chapman murder was a very risky one to undertake, one way in and one way out and all that. Prior to actually entering the yard as he passed down the hallway, he must have had serious concerns about that murder in that confined space when he knew that people were right above him. I think this one killing does illustrate that he either didnt particularly care whether he was caught or that he was so engrossed in the act that the actual thrill of what he was doing was worth a risk that he knew existed

Comment

Originally posted by jonwilson View Post
        that Jack was truly insane and do you think he was an organized killer or not?
        Sorry everyone, but I'm afraid you are all guilty of over-intellectualising this
        matter.
        Of course he was insane.
        Any bloke in the pub or walking down the street who throws an unprovoked
        punch at you is insane - don't even bring the fact that he/she might have
        had a couple of pints, it doesn't matter. They are insane.
        How strange that the too numerous times to recount occasions that I have
        been pissed I have never felt the need/justification to inflict damage on anyone!
        If that scumbag wasn't insane, then I don't want to be sane.
        Wake up, for God's sake.
        Gary.

Comment

of course he wasnt all there gary but doesnt mean he didnt know how to manage the situation. Every serial killer thats ever lived pretty much assesses what the situation is and whther they are likely to be acosted or not. Ted Bundy was absolutely manic but he still knew how to avoid capture.....we are not talking about some madman who is running down the road with hatchet and striking out at the nearest person to him .....they may both be insane but the serial killer who evades capture knows that unless he continues to calculate when its right and when its not, then it will not be long before he is finally captured.

Something occurred to me when thinking about the Chapman murder, if she did know the yard and promised it to be somewhere safe to carry out their encounter, wouldnt other prostitutes have also known the yard as a spot where it was safe to use. Would you as a killer, go into that hallway with the intent to kill when you werent 100% sure that there wasnt already someone in the yard using it for sexual purposes ? you would have to be 150% certain that it was empty before you emptied your Gladstone bag of its kit wouldnt you ?
          Last edited by Jason; 09-08-2010, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X