Do you believe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you believe

that Jack was truly insane and do you think he was an organized killer or not?

Hello Jon,

I do not believe he was insane at all. However I do believe he was organised.

Almost calculating.

Yours truly
    Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

I don't believe eviscerating women and butchering Kelly while collecting organs can be seen as other than normal.

Mike
      huh?

Comment

Hello Micheal,

I don't believe he was clincally insane. He was indeed a sick indavidual but he was clincally sane.
        Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Hi Corey, I hold the same opinion of Jack as you. One of the biggest reasons why Jack was not caught in my own opinion is because he was normal meaning he acted like a normal person, looked like a normal person, talked like a normal person and dressed like a normal person. He would have been unassuming. No one would have suspected him as being a killer that cut women open and took some of their organs. He only revealed his true self the last seconds before he killed. I don't think most nowadays buy that it must have been an obvious lunatic foaming at the mouth theory.

Comment

Well, sociopaths can feign normalcy pretty well, and for long periods of time, and in most situations just to keep themselves out of trouble, bjut they are still insane. I think anyone who doesn't think JTR was insane, must be insane.

Mike
            huh?

Comment

It's a trickier question than one might think, isn't it? Ted Bundy did some incredibly depraved things to his victims, including playing with their corpses like dolls and putting makeup on them and once bringing a severed head home with him. Richard Ramirez, the Night Stalker, cut out a woman's eyes and kept them in a jewelry box. Yet both men were judged to be sane, Bundy was executed for his crimes and Ramirez will be eventually. Do those who consider the Ripper to have been insane think his life should have been spared for that reason if he'd been caught? And can a person be both insane and evil at the same time?

Comment

Originally posted by corey123 View Post
                Hello Micheal,

I don't believe he was clincally insane. He was indeed a sick indavidual but he was clincally sane.
                Perhaps you mean legally sane. I think it is safe to assume that Jack knew that killing women was wrong (legal definition of sanity). However, it is very likely that Jack had antisocial personality disorder and could also have been schizophrenic (although this is more speculative). The point is that Jack could have legit psychological disorders but still be legally sane. The above example of Ted Bundy perfectly illustrates this point. Bundy knew right from wrong, was in touch with reality, but was a horribly disturbed individual.

Comment

Hello Barnaby,

Heres my view on Jack the Ripper. Yes I think he was legally sane. I do think he had a few mental disorders but none that made him do what he did.

I believe he choose to kill.

I personally think Jack the Ripper, like Ted Bundy, could have been suffering from the personality disorder Narcissm and perhaps a few others . He defently wasn't "right in the head" but he was fully coincious of his actions I believe.
                  Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Originally posted by corey123 View Post
                    Hello Barnaby,

I personally think Jack the Ripper, like Ted Bundy, could have been suffering from the personality disorder Narcissm and perhaps a few others . He defently wasn't "right in the head" but he was fully coincious of his actions I believe.
                    Heres my view on Jack the Ripper. Yes I think he was legally sane. I do think he had a few mental disorders but none that made him do what he did.

I believe he choose to kill.
                    totally agree with you.
                    http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

Rubyreto,

Thanks

Yours truly
                      Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

I think he knew what he was doing and wasnt just insane.Obviously murdering and cutting up women isnt the actions of any normal rational person.Doesnt mean he was clinically insane though.

Also think he was an insignificant man who blended into the background,never drew attention to himself who also knew the Whitechapel/Spitalfields area extremely well(far better than most inhabitants did).He KNEW which way to escape and avoid the police search.

Also he had nerves of steel,look at when he killed Chapman,at any second he could have been discovered by the occupants of 29 leaving for work,using the toilet etc.There was even someone using next doors toilet who heard a thud against the fence yet JTR kept cutting Annie up.

Comment

Do anything enough times and it soon become the norm. I mean initially an insane act could one day become a daily routine if practised enough.

Your mind is your very own personal mental asylum and Im afraid your the only inmate.

Comment

as a second question to this thread, do we believe that he was working to an agenda or was he just randomly selecting his victim based on the odd nights he was out ? does anyone think he may have been out on nights other than the ones he actually killed but just didnt see the opportunity ?

Comment

I think yes to both, Jason, in a way. Yes he had an agenda, but it may have been a very general one- kill and cut up whores because it gets me off. One would have to be sure whether any of the letters were genuine to know whether or not he also wanted to make a public statement by his actions, or if he didn't give a toss what anyone else thought. But at the same time, yes I think it's practically a certainty that the Ripper had nights- perhaps many of them- in which he went out trolling but found no opportunity that felt right to him. This is true of most serial killers, just as with hunters of non-human prey. I think it's highly unlikely that the "agenda" included the women being preselected, the dates or times or locations having any kind of symbolic meaning, or any of that.

Comment

Working...
                              X