2006 JTR physical profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frank van Oploo View Post
    So, in this whole case, I wouldn't put any money on making any point based on witness descriptions.
    Frank
    Especially when the sketch is a mix of various testimonies.
    No wonder the man has no hat...
    Just try to mix a wideawake hat, a soft felt one, a hard felt, a sailor cape, a deerstalker...
    Only the Queen, I guess, would wear this one.

Amitiés,
    David

Comment

Originally posted by Steelysama View Post
      Was this the one featured in that Jack the Ripper tv special where they tried to use modern forensics to examine the Whitechapel Murders? That was a pretty interesting show.

I suppose that the problem with any composite picture taken from witness accounts is that we have no idea which of the witnesses, if any, actually saw The Ripper.
      Hi Steelysama

Yes the Freddie Mercuryman photo-fit was produced for a channel five documentary called 'The First Serial Killer'. As I remember the premise of the program was to use modern forensic techniques to reveal the identity of Jack the Ripper. Have you heard that argument somewhere before?

Oh yes, John Greive the man that also bought us Walter Sickert 'Case closed', was the man behind the photo-fit.

I seem to remember at the time that a thread was created on casebook dealing with the programs mistakes and the photo-fit.

Not all the witness statements were included in the photo-fit for some reason. Besides there are only four credible witness statements and they dont look anything like Fredie Mercury.

Add to that a program that tried to do DNA analysis on a Fake shoal, geographic profiling based on a modern model, Annie Chapmans body in the wrong position and A Catherine Eddowes that looked like Hattie Jakes. A total of 39 errors I seem to remember.

And you probably have a program/channel whose NEXT theory will be that Jack the Ripper never existed and was a total invention of the press

Pirate Jack
      Last edited by Jeff Leahy; 04-13-2009, 01:39 PM.

Comment

I'm not able to see the picture, could someone please re-post it or send it to my e-mail? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnaby View Post
          Here is an on-topic question: If the police had this composite sketch at the time, would it have helped?
          Probably not. take a look at the two sketches below they are both of Joseph barnett but dont look too much alike.
          Attached Files
          'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride!'

Comment

looks similar to him, i'm sorry but i have no idea who this is, i just found it on Google
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by smezenen View Post
              Probably not. take a look at the two sketches below they are both of Joseph barnett but dont look too much alike.
              The "first" Barnett definitely looks like John Richardson.

Amitiés,
              David

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm X View Post
                looks similar to him, i'm sorry but i have no idea who this is, i just found it on Google
                Malcolm,
                That would be George Chapman, convicted serial killer and Jack the Ripper suspect. He used the name Ludwig Schloski but was born Seweryn Antonowicz Kłosowski in Poland on December 14, 1865. He was hanged on April 7, 1903 for poisoning 3 women, Mary Spink, Elizabeth Taylor, and Maud Marsh. When he was captured in 1903, Frederick Abberline was quoted in the Pall Mall Gazette as saying "You've got Jack the Ripper at last!"

Interesting coincidence..... one of his common law wifes was named Annie Chapman (NOT the ripper victim) and thats where he took his surname from.
                'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride!'

Comment

How is the wife mate?
                  Dave.

Comment

After 118 years, Scotland Yard couldn't even get the murderer's hair colour right.

Comment

Working...
                    X