2006 JTR physical profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 JTR physical profile

Has anyone seen the physical profile that scotland yard gave in 06?
    Not sure how post pics in here but I give it a try
    Looks stocky just like witnesses say.
    Reminds me a bit of Barnett but yes thats just my thought and I know that means nothing.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Lika; 04-11-2009, 07:51 AM.

Was this the one featured in that Jack the Ripper tv special where they tried to use modern forensics to examine the Whitechapel Murders? That was a pretty interesting show.

I suppose that the problem with any composite picture taken from witness accounts is that we have no idea which of the witnesses, if any, actually saw The Ripper.
    "Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions." - G.K. Chesterton

Comment

Jesus!
      The guy next door.

Comment

He's the image of my Dad!

Comment

That was actually an all right documentary till they got to that part. It's pointless to fabricate the Ripper's facial features like that as no-one knew or will ever know what he looked like. They should've just created an e-fit of what he would've looked like in regards to his clothing et cetera.

Comment

Originally posted by Mascara & Paranoia View Post
            That was actually an all right documentary till they got to that part. It's pointless to fabricate the Ripper's facial features like that as no-one knew or will ever know what he looked like. They should've just created an e-fit of what he would've looked like in regards to his clothing et cetera.
            Didn't they do it based on eyewitness accounts?

Comment

Originally posted by iris84 View Post
              We do not know which, if any at all, of the eyewitness accounts were actually Jack The Ripper.
              "Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions." - G.K. Chesterton

Comment

It doesnt look that unlike me

But it werent i have a cast iron alibi for this....i wasnt born

In all seriousness though nobody knows if what the witnesses saw was the ripper and the statements differ somewhat to get a reliable efit even based on witness statements

Comment

I wonder if they can do one of those computer aging things to show what he would look like today so that we can finialy find him.
                  'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride!'

Comment

Originally posted by iris84 View Post
                    That's right. But the witness descriptions don't exactly go in-depth on the men's facial features. It's utterly impossible to determine what the Ripper's actual face would've looked like, even with the eyewitness accounts, so the e-fit is a blatant fabrication to some degree. Other than that, the rest of their 'investigation'/documentary was all right.

Comment

How could we have overlooked Freddie Mercury as a suspect all of this time!

Comment

Originally posted by Barnaby View Post
                        How could we have overlooked Freddie Mercury as a suspect all of this time!
                        Well, let's see. Freddie was born in the wrong continent, in the wrong century, didn't live in the area, was a musician. You've done it! You've found JTR! Now, which Queen song gives the clues? Maybe like the Beatles where Paul was dead if you played it backwards, we can work out how and when Freddie dun it. Now, I know I'm going back to basics, but 'Bohemian Rhapsody' would have to be a pretty Jack kinda song.
                        http://oznewsandviews.proboards.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nothing to see View Post
                          Well, let's see. Freddie was born in the wrong continent, in the wrong century, didn't live in the area, was a musician. You've done it! You've found JTR! Now, which Queen song gives the clues? Maybe like the Beatles where Paul was dead if you played it backwards, we can work out how and when Freddie dun it. Now, I know I'm going back to basics, but 'Bohemian Rhapsody' would have to be a pretty Jack kinda song.

Well obviously Jack was an occult magician who is not bounded by age, as in Robert Bloch's "Your's Truly, Jack the Ripper." So your minor details aside, Killer Queen, and Another One Bites the Dust may also be secret references to the crimes.

Here is an on-topic question: If the police had this composite sketch at the time, would it have helped?

Comment

Well obviously Jack was an occult magician who is not bounded by age, as in Robert Bloch's "Your's Truly, Jack the Ripper." So your minor details aside, Killer Queen, and Another One Bites the Dust may also be secret references to the crimes.

Here is an on-topic question: If the police had this composite sketch at the time, would it have helped?
                            Probably but I don't think they did composite sketches then. Someone who knows a lot more can tell you about that. They seem to have relied on physical descriptions like Leather Apron as an example. Not him, as such, but the apron and his history with local pros and Godley's local knowledge.

If the police had employed an artist maybe someone would have recognised Jack.
                            http://oznewsandviews.proboards.com

Comment

So your minor details aside, Killer Queen, and Another One Bites the Dust may also be secret references to the crimes.
                              Hi Barnaby,

It's a less known Queen song, but what about 'Death on two legs"? There's actually quite a number of interesting Queen titels: "Don't stop me now", "Play the game", "I'm going slightly mad", "All dead, all dead", "Stone cold crazy", "Now I'm here". And what about "Body language"?
                              I don't think so. First of all, the circumstances under which the sightings were made were far from ideal. So, the witnesses needn't have described the same man. Which of the witnesses did actually see the Ripper anyway? Secondly, like Mascara & Paranoia wrote, very little, if anything at all, was said about his/their facial features, which makes it even less likely that the sketch was any accurate. And thirdly, witness descriptions in general are quite unreliable. So, in this whole case, I wouldn't put any money on making any point based on witness descriptions.

All the best,
                              Frank
                              "You can rob me, you can starve me and you can beat me and you can kill me. Just don't bore me."
                              Clint Eastwood as Gunny in "Heartbreak Ridge"

Comment

Working...
                              X