No announcement yet.

Coincidences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the murder sites are connected by lie lines, Sally.

Nico, I have no interest in looking at maps, it is for those who believe in such nonsense to prove their point.

Sally mentioned ley lines a few posts back. They are supposed to be lines of power connecting specific points in the landscape like menhirs, churches, barrows, Stonehenge etc.

When the staisticians looked into this some years back, they discovered that many of these lines, while appearing Ok on a smallish scale map, actually missed the supposed points they were linking by metres/yards!! That won't do. If your arrow - even if you can show it points left and not right - would have to hit the Houses of Parliamant dead on - given the size of the building not a hard task, or the Abbey, not Westminster Bridge or the Supreme Court/Middlesex Guildhall..

Also how many other ways are there of joining the various murder sites (and by what method were they chosen) to form somerthing other than an arrow?

Phil H

Comment

Hi All,

Here's a coincidence.

Eddowes and her nemesis both set out for their appointment with destiny in Mitre Square at 1.00 am.

Regards,

Simon
      Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

I think the murder sites are connected by lie lines, Sally.
        Really? I'm guessing those are like Ley Lines - but with less integrity?

Sally mentioned ley lines a few posts back. They are supposed to be lines of power connecting specific points in the landscape like menhirs, churches, barrows, Stonehenge etc.
        I confess, I wasn't entirely serious about Ley Lines. Some markers in the landscape are connected by lines of sight; there are various practical and symbolic (established and conjectural) reasons for that. The principle underlying the concept of the Ley Line isn't that silly fundamentally, but there is no evidence for their existence.

Nico - There have been one or two 'join the dots' theories regarding the murders. I'd say this - think through the practicalities of that actually being conceptualised, attempted, and actually achieved. Then see if you still think it likely.

Comment

Another coincidence

45 year old resident of a common lodging house in Flower and Dean St murdered by throat cut in St George in the East

46 year old resident of a common lodging house in Flower and Dean St murdered by throat cut in Aldgate, 40 minutes later.

Comment

Hi Phil, I must addmit there is no such arrow, only dot's marked on a map which to me seem to form an arrow !! thats all !! Sally I supose there must be some truth in ley lines, after all there is so much that we don't know about the Earth !! why can't there be some truth in ley lines !! all the best, agur.

Niko.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Wood
              Eddowes and her nemesis both set out for their appointment with destiny in Mitre Square at 1.00 am.
              Yes, but Eddowes had little control over what time the police let her leave.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

after all there is so much that we don't know about the Earth !! why can't there be some truth in ley lines !!

Can I just say that i don't find that a very satisfactory or scientific approach to understanding. On that basis one could be credulous about... ANYTHING!

On Ley Lines - the old theory was debunked 20 or more years ago. The lines, when studied on the ground, do not exist - the lines (which might appear OK on a map) just do not HIT the supposed points accurately or at all. Besides, in statistical terms, coincidence will explain most of those proposed.

That there are lines of magnatic force on the earth and that ancient man might have had some awareness of them, I do not dispute. But Ley Lines as proposed (The Old Straight Track hypothesis) is foundationless rubbish.

Phil H

Comment

Hi Phil

Much as it pains me to be in total agreement with a brum....(thereagain I did always have a huge respect for Jasper Carrott!)...

All the best

Dave

Comment

Here's a coincidence for you.

Some believe there were two murderers in Whitechapel, not one JTR. That not all of the murders were done by the same hand.

Two Jack the rippers in 1888 in Whitechapel! An amazing coincidence!

Comment

Or more than TWO: just think of these possibilities...

Martha Tabram - possibly two or more killers. Soldiers? many authors do not see her as a JtR victim

Polly, Chapman, Eddowes (?) - "Jack" - on basis of similarities. Also poss McKenzie.

Eddowes - Fenian?

Stride - probably Kidney her lover.

MJK another hand? (Barnett, Fleming A N Other?)

Torso killer - not Jack.

Pinchen St torso - Torso killer or another?

Coles - Saddler?

Phil H

Comment

Working...
                      X