Coincidences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coincidences

I have noticed a few funny and sometimes odd coincidences while going over the information on this site. I thought it might be fun to start a thread about them. I have found a few but will only post one to get the thread started.

Annie Chapman's Regular bed at Crossingham's lodging house is number 29, her body is found in the back yard of 29 Hanbury Street.
    'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride!'

The Surname Kelly crops up a lot.
    Mary Kelly Miller's-court victim
    Mary kelly- Name Eddowes gave to the police
    Alexander Kelly- pseudonym of Ripper Author
    James Kelly- Suspect
    John Kelly- Eddowes Lover

The Surname Davies/Davis crops up a lot.
    Davies- Alleged husband of Mary Kelly
    Morgan Davies Suspect proposed by Robert D'Onston Stephenson
    John Davis- Witness at Chapman Inquest

There have been loads of people involved in the case with the name or surname Wolf/Woolf.
    Wolf Vanderlinden- Author and researcher
    AP Wolf- Author and researcher
    Virginia Woolf- Author
    Regards Mike

Comment

Mr.Hyde

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
      The Surname Kelly crops up a lot.
      Mary Kelly Miller's-court victim
      Mary kelly- Name Eddowes gave to the police
      Alexander Kelly- pseudonym of Ripper Author
      James Kelly- Suspect
      John Kelly- Eddowes Lover

The Surname Davies/Davis crops up a lot.
      Davies- Alleged husband of Mary Kelly
      Morgan Davies Suspect proposed by Robert D'Onston Stephenson
      John Davis- Witness at Chapman Inquest

There have been loads of people involved in the case with the name or surname Wolf/Woolf.
      Wolf Vanderlinden- Author and researcher
      AP Wolf- Author and researcher
      Virginia Woolf- Author
      John Kelly-"husband" of Eddowes,father of Mary Anne Kelly.

Comment

29 is a bad address for classic unsolved murders - Julia Wallace - 29 Wolverton
        This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Hyde View Post
          John Kelly-"husband" of Eddowes,father of Mary Anne Kelly.
          Lorraine Kelly, vintage bintage who interviewed Johnny Depp, who starred in From Hell about Jack the Ripper!
          Regards Mike

Comment

Funny, my great-grandad was nicknamed John "Killer of prostitutes in late-19th-century East End but they never caught him" Jones. I wonder?

Comment

Originally posted by DarkPassenger View Post
              Funny, my great-grandad was nicknamed John "Killer of prostitutes in late-19th-century East End but they never caught him" Jones.
              Welshman, was he?

The practice of attributing occupational/reputational nicknames was once very common in South Wales, and still happens today to a lesser extent. In my village we had a baker named "Dai (Dave) the Bun", "Glyn the Butch(er)" and "Annie Fourpence" (don't ask where she got that from!), whilst in the next village lived the illegitimate "John the Bastard" and - my favourite - "Wil the Burglar".
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

The biggest coincedence is 39, did i really mention it again.....
                Richard

Comment

Polly Nichols died 31.08 - my sister- in-laws birthday- also the death of Princess of Diana

Buried 06.09 - my birthday - Also the burial of Princess Diana

DOB - Princess Diana - 01 07 - my Mum's birthday

Coral

PS on thinking about it - I think my sister-in-law is the reincarnation of JTR and should be blamed for everything the Juwes were not!
                  Last edited by coral; 03-22-2009, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Nichols,Chapman and Kelly are all reported as living in,or frequenting 35 Dorset Street.
                    Nichols lived at 56 Flower and Dean,Eddowes at 55.
                    Kelly's father,John Kelly.
                    Eddowes "partner",John Kelly.
                    After the first two murders,Eddowes reportedly returned from Kent to seek 100 Pound reward.
                    Few days later she is dead.
                    Several weeks later so is Mary Ann Kelly.

Comment

Ripper suspect (though I don't think it was him) Walter Sickert has also been linked to the 1907 murder of prostitute Emily Dimmock which occurred at #29 St. Paul's Road, while as already mentioned Annie Chapman was killed at #29 Hanbury Street.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Hyde View Post
                        Nichols,Chapman and Kelly are all reported as living in,or frequenting 35 Dorset Street.
                        Nichols lived at 56 Flower and Dean,Eddowes at 55.
                        Kelly's father,John Kelly.
                        Eddowes "partner",John Kelly.
                        After the first two murders,Eddowes reportedly returned from Kent to seek 100 Pound reward.
                        Few days later she is dead.
                        Several weeks later so is Mary Ann Kelly.
                        William Nicholes' address on Mary's death certificate is listed as 35 dorset but there is no reference to mary herself ever living there that i can find. MJK lived on Little Paternoster Row off Dorset and of course 13 Millers court off dorset but once agani i can find no reference to 35 dorset for her. Do you have evidence that is not published on this site to link 35 dorset to Nichols and Kelly?

There where a few John Kellys running around london at the time, it was a common name so i am interested in how you link Eddowes "partner" with MJK's father especially since she was born in Limrick, Ireland.
                        'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride!'

Comment

Originally posted by smezenen View Post
                          William Nicholes' address on Mary's death certificate is listed as 35 dorset but there is no reference to mary herself ever living there that i can find. MJK lived on Little Paternoster Row off Dorset and of course 13 Millers court off dorset but once agani i can find no reference to 35 dorset for her. Do you have evidence that is not published on this site to link 35 dorset to Nichols and Kelly?

There where a few John Kellys running around london at the time, it was a common name so i am interested in how you link Eddowes "partner" with MJK's father especially since she was born in Limrick, Ireland.
                          I don't think Mr. Hyde was attempting to actually link the two John Kellys. This is a thread about coincidences.

Comment

That lot is all on this site.
                            MAK,not MJK.Check out my post on "Prostitutes in the East End" 3 days ago.

Comment

Yes he was!

Comment

Working...
                              X