Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post

Hi Dave

No stains of blood on the bricks and pavement around ?
    There was a pool of blood either side of her neck.
    Hi Jon,

The quote is Bond's at the inquest.
    Compare to Chapman's blood sprays.
    Apology for not being clear.

Sincerely doubt Jack and Eddowes accessed an empty warehouse.
    My suspicion has long been the houses behind the fence,which implies that she went to the Mitre Street front door of one.
    Jack's home away from home!

Possibly worth going over the medical evidence at all of the inquests.

The coroner has to drag evidence from Phillips regarding the weapon,while he plays a game of hot and cold without naming the item,at Chapman's.
    Incidentally,have a peep at the cuts under Eddowes eyes.Looks like a Catlin knife was inserted.
    Last edited by DJA; 10-02-2019, 09:43 PM.
    My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post
      The coroner has to drag evidence from Phillips regarding the weapon...
      He wouldn't have to drag it from Sutton.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post

He wouldn't have to drag it from Sutton.
        You mean his medical peer who walked past Phillip's residence, on an almost daily basis from about 1868 to 1876, to and from work between Finsbury Square and the London Hospital.

Comment

The quote is Bond's at the inquest.
          Compare to Chapman's blood sprays.
          Apology for not being clear.

Thanks Dave, yes, Dr Brown.. sorry my fault, bud

Surely, Eddowes was just tipped over to her side when her throat was cut (to avoid arterial spray), and the blood pooled by her neck.

Comment

• The throat was "cut across" with the coroner using the term "severed" when questioning Bond.
            Have a look at the mortuary 'photo.

Jack purportedly avoided blood by operating on the right of the body.
            Makes no sense as there was roughly equal blood pools on both sides of the neck.

Jack manages to do all that work in the dark within 5 minutes and is discounted as a butcher.

The doctors apparently cannot believe the removed body parts were of any use.

So why did he take them.

Was he a pathologist?

Was Eddowes a long term patient!

Comment

The throat was "cut across" with the coroner using the term "severed" when questioning Bond.
              Have a look at the mortuary 'photo.

Jack purportedly avoided blood by operating on the right of the body.
              Makes no sense as there was roughly equal blood pools on both sides of the neck.
              I`d say Eddowes was slightly tipped over to her left and the blood pooled there, with some escaping and running downwards to her right side. It was fluid blood on her right side, and clotted on her left.

Comment

• Her head and neck were on an angle.
                Also agree on the blood.
                No blood on the front of her clothes.
                If she was still alive when her throat was slashed,where's the blood spray?

Comment

No blood on the front of her clothes.
                  Same with Nichols, Stride and McKenzie. No blood spray, but there doesn`t always have to be arterial spray.

Comment

Obscured by the pool of blood?

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post

Obscured by the pool of blood?
                      Just looking at "richardh"s 'photo enhancement of Eddowes.

It appears that only her right artery was severed.

Possibly worth reevaluating the lack of spray,blood pools,etc.

Edit. Remeasured the colon. 15" max.
                      Last edited by DJA; 10-11-2019, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Just looking at "richardh"s 'photo enhancement of Eddowes.

It appears that only her right artery was severed.

Possibly worth reevaluating the lack of spray,blood pools,etc.

Edit. Remeasured the colon. 15" max.
                        Er, not according to Dr Brown. It was her left artery and vein that were severed, the right artery only had a pinhole nick in it, the vein was opened but not totally severed. Perhaps the photo has been reversed?

Also, the sketch of Eddowes in the square isn't a photo so I wouldn't rely on it for exact measurements.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post

Same with Nichols, Stride and McKenzie. No blood spray, but there doesn`t always have to be arterial spray.
                          exactly
                          if they are dead or dying there will be less if any spray. and if they are lying down on there backs when the neck is cut and spray might be hard to detect if the ground is wet, the subsequent pooling of blood underneath obscures it, same for there clothes being wet or damp.
                          "Is all that we see or seem
                          but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                          quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post

Er, not according to Dr Brown. It was her left artery and vein that were severed, the right artery only had a pinhole nick in it, the vein was opened but not totally severed. Perhaps the photo has been reversed?

Also, the sketch of Eddowes in the square isn't a photo so I wouldn't rely on it for exact measurements.
                            The 'photo is not reversed.

Given the sketcher's profession,the colon would be thereabouts.It certainly ain't 24".
                            It's position is well defined and pro rata to her body. Pretty happy with 15".

All the best.
                            Last edited by DJA; 10-11-2019, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                              if they are dead there will be less if any spray.
                              Apologize about the edit,however that is my point.

Comment

Apologize about the edit,however that is my point.
                                yup the ripper probably strangled them to death anyway on the spot before the throat cut.
                                "Is all that we see or seem
                                but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                                quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Working...
                                X