Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPad Help

I need iPad advice.

When I take a photo with my iPad it goes straight into a general folder in Photos. I’ve split these into various ‘topic’ folders by copying so that I can delete one but the other doesn’t disappear. I have a few short video clips of my late father that I want to copy into a ‘family’ folder along with photos. I can then delete the originals safely. My issue is that whilst it’s simple to copy a photo the same option doesn’t appear to be available for video files?

All I want to do therefore is to copy a video file from a ‘general’ to a ‘family’ folder and then delete the ones in the ‘general’ but keep the ones in the ‘family’ folder. How do I copy and move a video file?

I hope I’ve been clear. I’ll be grateful for advice.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Herlock, I'm not an Apple person, but have you tried copying the video to another pc/tablet, and then dragging it from there to your Ipad?

This is probably of no help whatsoever, but good luck anyway!

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	C16DFB1B-E0D7-4A50-921D-11CDA3F8626A.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	56.1 KB ID:	751649 Click image for larger version  Name:	8B564AB7-3C88-4FA5-88D5-6EBC63982AFB.png Views:	0 Size:	33.6 KB ID:	751648
      Hi Herlock.
      just select the video you want to move by activating the “tick” as shown in the first pic.
      Then select the blue square on the bottom left corner shown in the same pic.
      further options will appear, as shown in the other picture.
      then you can choose the folder of your choice.
      but do be careful not to accidentally delete or I will feel terrible

Comment

Hi Yabs,

But if I just click on ‘add to album’ then delete the original won’t the one in the second album disappear to?

Alternatively, if I click ‘duplicate’ another video appears next to the original. If I then move one of them to another folder can’t I then delete one without the other vanishing?

Im probably being over-cautious here?
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
          Herlock, I'm not an Apple person, but have you tried copying the video to another pc/tablet, and then dragging it from there to your Ipad?

This is probably of no help whatsoever, but good luck anyway!
          Thanks Barn, that might be an option .
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Herlock, I am not an Apple person either, however, as an experiment, you might try making a video of anything unimportant and copying it to another folder and then deleting the original to see what happens. Just an idea. Good luck.
            Why a four-year-old child could understand this report! Run out and find me a four-year-old child, I can't make head or tail of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma View Post
              Herlock, I am not an Apple person either, however, as an experiment, you might try making a video of anything unimportant and copying it to another folder and then deleting the original to see what happens. Just an idea. Good luck.
              Thanks Enigma
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                I need iPad advice.
                Which version of iOS are you using? Go to Settings>General>About, and it should tell you. If it's 9.3 or later (it probably is), you should be okay. Open the PHOTOS app, find your video, then select the SHARE icon at the bottom left. It's a square with an arrow poking out of it. You should find DUPLICATE in the SHARE menu. It's two file folders with a plus sign. You may have to hunt for it, depending on how you're set up. Swipe through the choices until you see it. DUPLICATE will make a true second copy of the video, separate from the first one.

If it's before 9.3, then it's hard to tell, because Apple used all kind of dodgy tricks with file pointers and the like. Probably go to the Apple store and get some help in that case, or mail/send a copy to a separate device, rename it, and send it back. Best wishes.

- Ginger

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger View Post

Which version of iOS are you using? Go to Settings>General>About, and it should tell you. If it's 9.3 or later (it probably is), you should be okay. Open the PHOTOS app, find your video, then select the SHARE icon at the bottom left. It's a square with an arrow poking out of it. You should find DUPLICATE in the SHARE menu. It's two file folders with a plus sign. You may have to hunt for it, depending on how you're set up. Swipe through the choices until you see it. DUPLICATE will make a true second copy of the video, separate from the first one.

If it's before 9.3, then it's hard to tell, because Apple used all kind of dodgy tricks with file pointers and the like. Probably go to the Apple store and get some help in that case, or mail/send a copy to a separate device, rename it, and send it back. Best wishes.

Thanks Ginger.

Im sorted now. I used the method that you suggested.
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Ok, I need some help. I’m following what look like simple instructions but I’m beginning to think that it’s some kind of practical joke!!

Its about working in Split Screen. It says open the first app - no problems.

Then swipe up from the bottom to open the ‘dock.’ - Yup, done that.

Then touch and hold the other app you want to use on spilt screen and drag it the edge of the screen. - err no.

The apps just will not slide across.

GINGER where are you. (Or anyone else of course)

Thanks all
                    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Ok! This will be the blind leading the blind here, but I used to use split screen in Windows a lot in my work.

There was kind of a knack to it, but really I just kind of wheeked one item quickly left, then wheeked the other one quickly to the right, and they kind of fell into place with the screen split vertically 50:50.

I don't blame you if you'd rather wait for Ginger though!!!

That's probably wise!

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post
                        Ok! This will be the blind leading the blind here, but I used to use split screen in Windows a lot in my work.

There was kind of a knack to it, but really I just kind of wheeked one item quickly left, then wheeked the other one quickly to the right, and they kind of fell into place with the screen split vertically 50:50.

I don't blame you if you'd rather wait for Ginger though!!!

That's probably wise!
                        Thanks Ms D. I’ve tried the different ways but they just won’t move sideways. It’s very annoying. Not the end of the world of course, but annoying.

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Make sure you have settings>Home Screen and dock>multitasking>allow multiple apps and gestures on. I think the split view doesn’t work with all apps.

Comment

Originally posted by String View Post
                            Make sure you have settings>Home Screen and dock>multitasking>allow multiple apps and gestures on. I think the split view doesn’t work with all apps.
                            Thanks String. I’ll have another go.

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Ok, more help required because when I’ve Googled this I just get nonsense.

If I type something in Notes the cut and paste it into an email the font stays the same of course but the font size is always much smaller. Changing the font is no problem, I touch on Aa and it’s easy. But there appears to be no way of increasing the font size. Certainly not by using Aa as seems the only option. It’s an issue because everything that I type after the cut and pasted part comes out in the same font and small size.

So can anyone tell me how I change the font size? It’s bound to be something embarrassingly obvious that I’ve missed.
                              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
                              X