Is it me ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it me ???

Before everyone says "yes it is," I have to ask everyone if they are finding the forum slow lately? I mean technically slow?

I've just been scrolling through a thread and each turn of the page was taking around 8 seconds. Then when the page came up it usually wasn't fully formed. I know that the site was offline for a period today but for me the site has been sluggish for a while. As there are Amazonian tribesmen that have more technical knowledge than I do I haven't a clue what might be the cause of this?

A question. Is there any way of getting to a page of a thread without having to go through page by page?
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

It will be your ISP.
    My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

It seems ok on my laptop and smartphone, Herlock.

Comment

No issues here.
        Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Thanks all. I was hoping that you would say its not me!

I have to say that it's not always slow so I guess my internet is inconsistent. It's supposed to be high speed I think. Operated by a water wheel somewhere no doubt.
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Does anyone know if it's possible to move through a thread at more than one page at a time?
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Yep

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                Operated by a water wheel somewhere no doubt.
                The mouse is drowning!

Comment

What sort of PC are you using these days?

Beige is not the answer I seek.

Comment

Herlock, try clearing your cache and browsing history if you have not already done so. This may speed things up.
                    Why a four-year-old child could understand this report! Run out and find me a four-year-old child, I can't make head or tail of it.

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post
                      What sort of PC are you using these days?

Beige is not the answer I seek.
                      I'm using my 'new' phone at the moment. My iPad needs repairing as it won't charge up - I'm assuming that it might need a new battery.
                      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma View Post
                        Herlock, try clearing your cache and browsing history if you have not already done so. This may speed things up.
                        Cheers Enigma. A friend suggested that so I did it. It's made no difference.
                        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

I just went back to the same thread and went through page by page and it's working as normal so I'm guessing that there's some fluctuation in my internet speed?
                          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

I'm using my 'new' phone at the moment. My iPad needs repairing as it won't charge up - I'm assuming that it might need a new battery.
                            If you have a 1080p TV (I use a projector),a Beelink GK55 PC can be purchased from "banggood" for ~ OZ $300 delivered. Prolly ~ 165 in LSD or whatever you Poms are using these days.

A cordless keyboard and mouse. Laughing.

You can view Casebook in a number of ways.I prefer "most recent posts".
                            Another way allows jumping pages via the numbers at the bottom of the page.

Comment

I just went back to the same thread and went through page by page and it's working as normal so I'm guessing that there's some fluctuation in my internet speed?
                              Yep

Comment

Working...
                              X