Other Mysteies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Graham View Post
    The A6 Thread has probably got the site record for bannings and suspensions, and the Thread itself was suspended for a time. I myself got a ban merely for telling someone to 'shut up'....well, fair enough, I suppose. As I see it, the main problem with the A6, a highly-contentious subject at the best of times, in its heyday was the sheer level of venom, threats and personal abuse, and I doubt if every single one of the culprits had any real interest in the subject. It's quietened down now, thankfully, but somewhat disappointingly has condensed down to a relatively small number of posters. I can understand Admin for wishing to straighten things out on the A6 (and other threads), but I do feel the 'qualification' of 50 posts on Ripper subjects is a bit much. Oddly, as I see it, the one current subject which has generated almost as much angst as the A6 is actually a Ripper subject - the Diary!

I hope you can get back on it soon, Cody75111!

Graham
    You’ve surprised me there Graham. I’ve looked on the A6 thread over the last year or two and it’s been very polite. I’ve certainly always been impressed by the knowledge on there. It sounds like it’s outdone the Wallace thread in the past? Then again, any Ill-feeling on there has been generated by one person.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Cody75111 View Post
      It's just I'm far more comfortable writing fiction.
      There's a Creative Writing thread, perhaps you could use that to get your tally up - assuming there's no restrictions on that thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Dupin View Post
        I thought the suggestion that new members could only *read* the Nana Mouskouries was exceedingly mature, and I recommend it to the house.
        What the Demis Roussos are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

You’ve surprised me there Graham. I’ve looked on the A6 thread over the last year or two and it’s been very polite. I’ve certainly always been impressed by the knowledge on there. It sounds like it’s outdone the Wallace thread in the past? Then again, any Ill-feeling on there has been generated by one person.
          HS, I referred to the 'heyday' of the A6 thread, which IMHO was a few years ago, when it was very not polite. It's certainly been polite and peaceful recently, after Admin read the Riot Act and closed it for a time! There were a number of posters who seemingly came on purely to cause trouble, but these are long gone. As, sadly, are a number of excellent posters who we no longer hear from. But the A6 thread does continue, which is the main thing.

Why, when I 'quoted' your post, are all the hyphen's changed into &#8217? Are we under surveillance....?

Graham

We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post

HS, I referred to the 'heyday' of the A6 thread, which IMHO was a few years ago, when it was very not polite. It's certainly been polite and peaceful recently, after Admin read the Riot Act and closed it for a time! There were a number of posters who seemingly came on purely to cause trouble, but these are long gone. As, sadly, are a number of excellent posters who we no longer hear from. But the A6 thread does continue, which is the main thing.

Why, when I 'quoted' your post, are all the hyphen's changed into &#8217? Are we under surveillance....?

Graham
            It’s weird. That happened to me the other day when I quoted someone. You’re post with my quote appears normal on my screen. I think it’s happened to me a couple of times since I’ve been a member though I don’t know why. Technology is sorcery to me.
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Hello I wanted to post in the Julia Wallace thread but was unable to. I apologize if this is not the correct thread.

I would like to mention I believe Julia was killed by her husband and his goon buddy that took his car to get cleaned up. I know there are several posts about this topic but I'm unable to see them.

I would just say that behavior of a suspect is very telling as to their guilt. For instance Mr. Wallace parading around asking everyone and their brother what time it was on the night of his wife's death. Then making a production in front of his neighbors trying to open a door to his home. Also I know it may sound strange but it is a proven investigation tool that when someone is denying guilt and they say I did not do it or I am not guilty the absence of using contractions like I didn't do it means a great deal.

Respectfully,
              MK114

Comment

Hi MK114, you need, I think, 50 posts before you can access other mysteries. It's basically the Wallace thread and the A6 thread (if anyone's ever looked at it).
                Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Ok thank you. I don't want to cause a problem. I'm not able to read anything in that thread.

Respectfully MK114

Comment

Originally posted by MK114 View Post
                    Ok thank you. I don't want to cause a problem. I'm not able to read anything in that thread.

Respectfully MK114
                    Not a problem, as I gather, historically, there were issues with "sock puppets" and other un-gentlemany conduct. As such, users need to be genuine posters.
                    Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

We’ve lifted the restrictions on ‘Other Mysteries’. Please don’t let it turn into a shitshow.
                      I’ll be watching.

JM

Comment

Originally posted by jmenges View Post
                        We’ve lifted the restrictions on ‘Other Mysteries’. Please don’t let it turn into a shitshow.
                        I’ll be watching.

JM
                        What's a **** show?
                        Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

I still get invalid URL for the Wallace page.
                          TBQH I'm not that bothered - it is a case of wondering what new evidence I am missing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dupin View Post
                            I still get invalid URL for the Wallace page.
                            TBQH I'm not that bothered - it is a case of wondering what new evidence I am missing.
                            I get that too when I try to access it via recent posts.
                            What happens if you go to the root of the sub forum from the main forums page?
                            Forums home > Other Mysteries > Wallace thread

Let me know.

JM

Comment

OK That worked! computers eh.

Comment

Do you guys focus on historical mysteries that aren't Jack the Ripper on this thread or can I ask for help looking into something a little more modern

Comment

Working...
                                X