Help the technologically disadvantaged

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
    Admin, this is probably a stupid question but can you tell me what the two red lights are beneath Assistant Commisioner and my name? It looks like a battery charging signal. I appear to be the only poster with these red lights.

Thanks.
    That's the "Reputation" indicator, apparently. https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/...ons_reputation briefly discusses it. You seem more reputable than the rest of us.

When I park a cursor over yours, I get "will be famous soon enough". The rest of us (apart from Spryder's, which is disabled) have "is on a distinguished road".
    - Ginger

Comment

Thanks for that Ginger but itís as clear as mud to me. I have an iPad and when I touch on the indicator I get nothing.
      Regards

Herlock

"Crime is common. Logic is rare. Therefore it is upon the logic rather than upon the crime that you should dwell.”

Comment

Thanks for that Ginger but itís as clear as mud to me. I have an iPad and when I touch on the indicator I get nothing.
        You won't with a touchscreen device, no, whether iOS or Android. I gave the cursor hover messages because you'd said earlier that you used a phone and an iPad, so I knew you'd not see them, and thought that they were mildly interesting.

What that "Reputation" bar apparently shows is the result of some calculation involving the number of posts you've made compared to the number of "likes" you've received. You've got a couple likes in the Julia Wallace thread, which may be the cause of that. On the other hand, as you seem to be the only one with a non-default score, it may be that the system isn't fully operational yet. Regardless, more coloured boxes are better.
        - Ginger

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger View Post

You won't with a touchscreen device, no, whether iOS or Android. I gave the cursor hover messages because you'd said earlier that you used a phone and an iPad, so I knew you'd not see them, and thought that they were mildly interesting.

What that "Reputation" bar apparently shows is the result of some calculation involving the number of posts you've made compared to the number of "likes" you've received. You've got a couple likes in the Julia Wallace thread, which may be the cause of that. On the other hand, as you seem to be the only one with a non-default score, it may be that the system isn't fully operational yet. Regardless, more coloured boxes are better.
          Cheers Ginger.

i didnít notice any likes. It was a good idea to get my mum to join the Forum though
          Regards

Herlock

"Crime is common. Logic is rare. Therefore it is upon the logic rather than upon the crime that you should dwell.”

Comment

Cheers Ginger.

i didnít notice any likes. It was a good idea to get my mum to join the Forum though
            The likes are down at the bottom right. Click on your avatar to show a list of your recent posts, and you can see those there.
            - Ginger

Comment

I could have sworn my one said 'is tramping back from a fruitless visit to Kent.'

Comment

Working...
              X