Hammersmith Nude Murders (Stripper)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Author B View Post
    does anyone have information on the victims it has to be detailed e.g about thir life and deaths and also does anyone know where pictures of the victims can be found im writing a book on the stripper murders and need more information thanks
    There are several books published about the Hammersmith Nudes allready, do you have a different angle on the subject?

Comment

• Hi Neil I've tried the link but it doesnt appear to want to let me in?

Anyway of posting the information? I'm very interested.

Jeff

PS still no reply..i'm trying.

Comment

• Hi Jeff. I've just typed in neil milkins and the story is on the second page. I've also typed in Daily Star Sunday-Bridge Cafe Acton and that shows the story as well. Try again and if no luck email me your address. Regards Neil.
        n.milkin@sky.com

Comment

• For anyone interested BFI have just released a dvd/blu-ray of a 1965 documentary called "Primitive London" and it's the biggest pile of $hit I've ever seen. There is however a very brief (about a minute) segment on the Jack the Stripper murders. They show about 3 or 4 of the murder sites and they are in colour. I would only recommend it for die hards only.
          Here are some screen caps from the blu-ray which is of magnificent quality.

Click image for larger version

Name:	jts1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	657031

Name:	jts2.jpg
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	657032

Name:	jts3.jpg
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	657033

Name:	jts4.jpg
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	657034

With all the controversy at the moment on Andrew Cooks choice of cover. This recreation is every bit as tacky, and this documentary was made at the time the murders were happening.

Name:	jts5.jpg
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	657035

Rob

Comment

• Yes the gold shoes are somewhat bizarre

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirate Jack View Post
              Yes the gold shoes are somewhat bizarre
              Wasn't quite what I meant.

Comment

• The Blue ray pic's do look good, do you know if the original was on 35mm film?

Pirate

PS Neil, I hope the information helps, let me know how it goes, and good luck.

Comment

• The screencaps don't do the blu-ray justice as I had to use my camera and photograph the T.V. to obtain them.
                  According to the booklet that accompanied the disc. Primitive London was transferred from a '35mm mute colour interpos'.

Rob

Comment

• Does anyone know when the crime scene photos might be released? In the U. S., we released the ones from the Boston Strangler case years back and that was from the same time. Over there, the crime scene pics from the Christie case have been out for many years and that case was only about a decade earlier.
                    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Funny enough I had a conversation about this today. I gather that 2065 is currently the most likely date although some photographs exist in press files.

However its not looking good at present.

Pirate

Comment

• Good, I can check them out when I'm 119. Why the big change from Christie to this case?

Did Seabrook view all the pics?
                        Last edited by sdreid; 05-28-2009, 11:09 PM.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I presume it's still an open case. Christie was caught and the case was closed. I would think that's the reason, but I'm just guessing.

Rob

Comment

• You will have to wait for Neil’s book or ask him directly. But from what I can gather Seabrook never should have had the access that he did…someone somewhere made a mistake...it created many problems.

I don’t think I should say anymore, if that’s OK.

Pirate

Comment

• Well, confining it strictly to British unsolved murders, we didn't have to wait 100 years for Julia Wallace and that was both morgue and crime scene pictures. I've even seen photos of the wound on Georgi Markov and that was 1979.

At any rate, I see that there's a non-booking photograph of Helene Barthelemy on the cover of the Saturday April 25, 1964 edition of the Daily Mirror.
                              Last edited by sdreid; 05-29-2009, 01:27 AM.

Stan Reid

Comment

• are you able to put that on here Stan or is it legally binding still ?

Comment

Working...
                                X