Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post
    Hi Paul,

Yes, he was at work in the Minories this night.

If the police took the letter seriously, the Minories was expected by the killer to be swarmed by police.

Therefore he started with Berner Street.
    Erm, perhaps I should remind you, Pierre, that you have stated:

"The Ripper Letter is using a metaphorical language. It gives the information that the killer will strike on September 30th in "the Minories" were he will kill two women. The Minories was an old parish covering both the murder sites."

Are you now retracting your claim that the Minories was an old parish covering both murder sites?

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
      Hi All,

“Dear Boss” having been conceived by a journalist is unlikely.

No journalist taking a unilateral decision to write “Dear Boss” in order to whip up a circulation-boosting panic could ever have hoped to score such a resounding bullseye, especially as the letter’s ultimate fate rested with someone in authority at Scotland Yard taking it seriously, and bestowing upon it the official imprimatur of the Metropolitan Police by reproducing it on posters outside every police station. No journalist could have been certain of such an eventuality, for in the wake of the Leather Apron lone maniac fiasco there was every chance that Sir Charles Warren might simply dismiss the letter as a time-wasting hoax and toss it into his wastepaper basket.

Regards,

Simon
      Good day Simon, nice to see you....

Ok, I get the point you are making above, but my take on this is that we have the cumulative effect of having 2 more unsolved murders on go, making it 4 that Fall alone. I would think they would have incredible pressure on them to come up with something they could publicize.
      Michael Richards

Comment

• Pierre

I see no real response to the questions and points raised in posts 141 to 143

The reply you gave to Paul’s post 142 is of course not a reply to his question; it is just a repeating of your view and does not even seek to address the question asked.

Yet another example of the esculating evasion used.

David as reposted the claim you made earlier:

"The Ripper Letter is using a metaphorical language. It gives the information that the killer will strike on September 30th in "the Minories" were he will kill two women. The Minories was an old parish covering both the murder sites."

Of course the statement appears to be inaccurate!

A quick search of historical records shows which parish each of the two murder sites was in, it does not appear that either was in the Holy Trinity Minories parish.

Can you please provide the source used to back the above statement ?

Steve

Comment

• Hi David,

Why does everything have to have been planned to the last minute detail?

That rather depends on the identity of the author of "Dear Boss."

In future, please do not presume to tell me what I am in a position to do or not do.

Regards,

Simon
          Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Hi David,

Why does everything have to have been planned to the last minute detail?

That rather depends on the identity of the author of "Dear Boss."

In future, please do not presume to tell me what I am in a position to do or not do.
            It's not a presumption Simon. I've read your book and you I know full well that you believe that a secret Home Office cabal was somehow responsible for commissioning the 'Dear Boss' letter as some kind of wacky plot to invent a murderer called "Jack the Ripper" for some incomprehensible reason.

Truly, you are in no position to say whether a journalist is likely or unlikely to have written that letter. The reason you give why you think it is "unlikely" does not make sense. But I am amused that you must at least think it is possible that a journalist wrote it and can't rule it out.

Comment

• Hi David,

I'm pleased you're so easily amused.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Hi David,

You rarely fail to amuse me Simon.

Comment

Hi David,

Regards,

Simon
                  Hi Simon,

David believes that his job here is to replace the discussions about Jack the Ripper with discussions about his own emotions.

Therefore he often tells everyone in his posts about how he feels confused and amused and so on and so forth.

Naturally, the emotions that David is experiencing when he is writing and reading in the forum is not the issue. We are not David´s parents or psychologists and David is not our little child or client.

Still, this goes on like an old song and people tune in.

Regards, Pierre

Comment

• [QUOTE=David Orsam;394142]

It's not a presumption Simon. I've read your book and you I know full well that you believe that a secret Home Office cabal was somehow responsible for commissioning the 'Dear Boss' letter as some kind of wacky plot to invent a murderer called "Jack the Ripper" for some incomprehensible reason.
                    Hi David,

Feeling well today? Good. No confusion or anything like that? Good.

Well, I myself, compared to others whom you accuse of putting forward a "wacky plot", do not put forward such things.

Actually, I hypothesize that the name Jack the Ripper was chosen for a very realistic reason. Some day, soon perhaps, I hope to be able to tell you about this.

Truly, you are in no position to say whether a journalist is likely or unlikely to have written that letter. The reason you give why you think it is "unlikely" does not make sense. But I am amused that you must at least think it is possible that a journalist wrote it and can't rule it out.
                    You are wrong, David. Peole are always in a position to say things. The question is - are they right and who can tell: you?

Regards, Pierre

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
                      Pierre

I see no real response to the questions and points raised in posts 141 to 143

The reply you gave to Paul’s post 142 is of course not a reply to his question; it is just a repeating of your view and does not even seek to address the question asked.

Yet another example of the esculating evasion used.

David as reposted the claim you made earlier:

Of course the statement appears to be inaccurate!

A quick search of historical records shows which parish each of the two murder sites was in, it does not appear that either was in the Holy Trinity Minories parish.

Can you please provide the source used to back the above statement ?

Steve
                      Hi Steve,

Great to hear that you have found a new favourite word: "evasion"!

The problem is not what I think was the Minories but what the killer thought, what his intention was, and the outcome of his intention.

Do we have a source for that?

Hypothetically we do.

Comment

Hi All,

“Dear Boss” having been conceived by a journalist is unlikely.

No journalist taking a unilateral decision to write “Dear Boss” in order to whip up a circulation-boosting panic could ever have hoped to score such a resounding bullseye, especially as the letter’s ultimate fate rested with someone in authority at Scotland Yard taking it seriously, and bestowing upon it the official imprimatur of the Metropolitan Police by reproducing it on posters outside every police station. No journalist could have been certain of such an eventuality, for in the wake of the Leather Apron lone maniac fiasco there was every chance that Sir Charles Warren might simply dismiss the letter as a time-wasting hoax and toss it into his wastepaper basket.

Regards,

Simon
                        Hi Simon,

There is a sentence that I do not understand in the Dear Boss-letter.

Why is the author writing:

"Keep this letter back till I do a bit more work, then give it out straight."?

1. Why should it be kept (from the point of view of the killer)?

2. Who kept it?

3. Why did they keep it? (from the point of view of the keepers?)

5. "A bit more work" - what is that?

6. How would the keepers know what it meant?

7. "Then give it out straight" - why not give it out directly before "a bit more work" was done?

Best wishes, Pierre

Comment

Hi Steve,

The problem is not what I think was the Minories but what the killer thought, what his intention was, and the outcome of his intention.

Hypothetically we do.
                          Hypothetically Matthew Packer could have sold rabbits to Jack the Ripper's cousin but I don't think he did.

And how do you know what the killer thought?

Comment

• Hi Pierre,

Sorry, but your questions are impossible to answer at the moment, because we do not know for certain who wrote the letter—killer [unlikely], journalist [unlikely], or someone else entirely [likely].

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Hi Steve,

Hypothetically we do.

Pierre

The problem is what YOU post.

Once again replying by attempting to move the goal posts, exposing and highlighting very serious academic failings in the posts.

Evasion is not a favourite word, however it is something you do and have done again in the post quoted above..

Despite asking a proper historical question, the response does not even attempt to answer the question posed.

The view which you posted was the letter was from the killer, and it meant he would kill two women and both murder sites were in the Minories.

You made that very clear to all that was how you interpreted the letter:

However research shows that statement it is not correct; but rather than discuss that issue, the forum is presented with something about hypothetically sources.

"Hypothetically we do"

An hypothetical source is not a source, it is wishfully thinking!

Are you now using the "Royal WE", if not who are the others who have the hypothetical source

I was not discussing the what the killer was thinking therefore I have no need for a source showing what this unknown person was thinking.

I was however discussing what you had claimed in your posts, My sources for that discussion are on this site for all to see.

Despite being giving several chances to explain and substantiate your claims that both murder sites were in the Holy Trinity Minories parish; it seems that you are not prepared, or is it able to do that.

It would appear from your post that you believe you know what the killer was thinking.

For that YOU do need a source.

If You, Truly have such a source, prove its existence, otherwise It does not exist from a scientific point of view.

Steve

Comment

• Still, this goes on like an old song and people tune in.
                                -Pierre
                                Oct 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X