The Zodiac Killer Never Existed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Zodiac Killer Never Existed

I recently watched a couple of programs where the theory that The Zodiac Killer never existed was proposed. The theory saying that crimes were committed by different perpetrators and that the letters were hoaxes. I thought this theory didn't stand up. I wonder if anyone else caught the programs and wether anyone else had any thoughts on the theory?

That’s a coincidence John. I watched the first two episodes a couple of nights ago but I need to watch the second one again as I stupidly decided to watch it in the early hours and I fell asleep part way through. It didn’t impress me as a theory but my knowledge of the case isn’t great.

This is a great site for all things Zodiac and the linked part gives the guy in charge of the site’s opinion of the theory. He was in the documentary too btw.

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Hi JW, yeah I saw this documentary a while back.

It was without doubt the worst documentary I have ever seen.
      I can't remember too many specifics, but I know a bit about the facts of the case, giving Robert Graysmith a very wide berth, and was shocked at just how fast and loose someone could play with the facts surrounding series of shocking crimes.

This wasn't a case of confirmation bias rearing it's tricky head, this was just crude mischief making.

Comment

Multiple killers? Certainly possible. Multiple killers who are all cipher experts? Certainly possible but would seem to be extremely unlikely.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
          I recently watched a couple of programs where the theory that The Zodiac Killer never existed was proposed. The theory saying that crimes were committed by different perpetrators and that the letters were hoaxes. I thought this theory didn't stand up. I wonder if anyone else caught the programs and wether anyone else had any thoughts on the theory?
          How did they explain the letter writer sending a section of Paul Stine’s bloody shirt to the San Francisco Chronicle?

Comment

Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post

How did they explain the letter writer sending a section of Paul Stine’s bloody shirt to the San Francisco Chronicle?
            I dosed off at one point it was on late at night and I must have missed the bit where they explained this. Apologies.

Comment

I thought that one of the main reasons they took the letters seriously was down to the writer's ability to cite unreleased information such as bullet brands.
              Does it suggest the hoaxer was a cop?
              Is this a specific documentary, or is it a new theory doing the rounds?
              A title or even link would be great!

Comment

Working...
              X