The Long Shadow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Long Shadow

For UK posters only at the moment there’s a new drama about the Yorkshire Ripper being shown sometime this month.

The seven-part thriller promises to bring a new perspective to the case of the so-called Yorkshire Ripper – the man who terrorised West Yorkshire in the late Seventies and early Eighties, murdering 13 women and attacking many more

It will have to be good to beat this one from 2000 but it will certainly be worth a look.

This Is Personal: The Hunt for the Yorkshire Ripper: With Alun Armstrong, Richard Ridings, James Laurenson, John Duttine. This is a dramatisation of the real-life investigation into the notorious Yorkshire Ripper murders of the late 1970s, showing the effect that it had on the health and career of Assistant Chief Constable George Oldfield who led the enquiry
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Interesting!

Thanks for the tip-off, Herlock!

Comment

I watched all 7 episodes back to back, I was not intending to, I just couldn't stop. I genuinely did not think it was capable that ITV could make drama this good when it is made for "modern audiences".

It takes a lot from "This is personal" and I'm loathed to put the two up against each other as both have their place.

The only thing that lets it down slightly was that it was filmed in the summertime and does not quite capture the "Grim up North" feel. (Although Yorkshire is way down south for me.)

Yeah, watch it, it's fantastic.

My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Comment

Working...
      X