The OJ Simpson Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The OJ Simpson Case

Just to clarify my thoughts on the murder of Nichole Brown Simpson and Ronald Lyle Goldman, lest some think I want him to be innocent:

The evidence makes me believe the following.

1) Nichole and Ronald were not seeing each other, he did come to to return a pair of glasses.

2) Nichole was dressed to hook up with somebody, and Goldman had terrible timing.

3) OJ killed them both. He was jealous of Nichole seeing someone else and had came there to see who. When he saw Goldman it was the last straw.

4) While attacking Goldman, he attracted the attention of Nichole, who came running out screaming.

5) He began stabbing at her, warning her to get back. He probably swung at her with the knife, accidentally nearly decapitating her. He had had the knife professionally sharped. The sharp blade plus the speed and strength of OJ was such he probably had no idea at first that he killed her. The way her hands were clenched at the autopsy suggests she died almost instantly.

6) He then continued with Goldman.

7) WARNING: THIS IS TOTAL CONJECTURE AND ONLY MY OPINION. I MAKE NO CLAIM TO HAVE EVIDENCE! At some point in the murders, I think Nichole's date came up the stairs and saw OJ at work. He got outta there. It most likely was OJ's friend A.C. Cowlings, which is why it was never reported. I mean you see two people cut down by a madman and know that if he finds you at the scene you are next.

God Bless

(and please treat me kindly, it is only my opinion, and I reserve the right to be totally wrong.)

Darkendale
    And the questions always linger, no real answer in sight

There was a program on a few years back about this case & it built a good case against OJ’s son.

I can’t remember the precise details but it mentioned that the glove didn’t fit OJ but fitted his son. From memory, the glove was way too small for OJ. There were other indicators but I can’t remember any others.

His son suffered from mental illness & was a chief at the time of the murders.

Having said that, why run (or in his case drive away forcing a police chase) if you are innocent?

OJ also wrote the book –If I Did It’, which is a hypothetical version of events, which is really insensitive or just plain stupid in my opinion.

Seems like he’ll die in jail.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Hayes View Post
      From memory, the glove was way too small for OJ.
      I hadn't heard the "OJ's son theory" before. Interesting twist on things. I wonder what motive he would have had?

Leather shrinks when it has been in liquid and then dries. The glove was said to be blood soaked. Then it dried for a long time while the trial dragged on and on. It doesn't surprise me that it didn't fit.
      And the questions always linger, no real answer in sight

Comment

Of course, my previous reply should have said 'chef' & not chief!

The implications being that he had access to knives etc.

Comment

I'm personally of the opinion that OJ Simpson did it. An interesting twist came out a couple years ago, though, when a guy who apparently was a handyman who did some painting for Nicole Brown was arrested and convicted for the murders of several other women. His name is Glen Rogers, and he's now on death row. I don't think there's any evidence that he actually worked directly for Nicole Brown, but he did work for a construction company in California that had jobs in her neighborhood, and he did give his mother a gold pin which looked a lot like one that had belonged to Brown, and was something his brother is certain he must have stolen some place, because he couldn't have afforded it.

Rogers' brother claims that Glen Rogers confessed to him that he killed Brown and Goldman, but the brother's story has changed, from first being about theft, to later being a "hit" for OJ Simpson, and Rogers has never confessed to police. The brother has some motive to lie, because he got paid money to narrate a documentary about his brother, and including the bit about the Brown/Goldman murders was the "twist" in the documentary.

The murders that Rogers was convicted of were murders of women he had dated, and in one case lived with, and were unlike the Brown/Goldman murder.

So I just don't know what to believe. I'm really inclined to think that Simpson killed her, and the presence of another killer in the area is a coincidence (if you look, and just keep widening your circle until you get a hit, you will find a second violent offender in the "area" of any known murder, at least in any densely populated place). On the other hand, as my husband pointed out, how absolutely certain was the public that Gary Condit killed Chandra Levy?

BTW, I'm pretty sure it's correct to refer to her as "Nicole Brown." I remember when the murder first hit the news, and she was referred to exclusively as "Nicole Brown," sometimes with a note that she resumed her maiden name after the divorce, but when newspapers realized that a lot of people didn't recognize her name, and calling her "Nicole Brown, ex-wife of retired football star OJ Simpson," got cumbersome, and her sister Denise Brown was being quoted frequently, as well as her mother, there was confusion as to who was "Ms. Brown," and who was "Mrs. Brown," and who was being referred to simply by the last name Brown, so the papers started calling her "Nicole Brown Simpson," or "Nicole Brown-Simpson," or sometimes "the former Mrs. Simpson," until finally she just became "Nicole Simpson" in the popular consciousness.

Comment

Working...
          X