Berkowitz born again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berkowitz born again

This is disgusting on many levels. I don't know who's worse, Berkowitz or the lying, conniving, money-grubbing woman interviewing him.

Sickens me.

Mike
    huh?

So, you're mad about some article about Berkowitz becoming a Christian? That's sort of old news, so really it's something about the woman who interviewed him? Is it just me, or did you forget to include a link?

Comment

Originally posted by RivkahChaya View Post
      So, you're mad about some article about Berkowitz becoming a Christian? That's sort of old news, so really it's something about the woman who interviewed him? Is it just me, or did you forget to include a link?
      Just you. The link is there for those who have faith.

Mike
      huh?

Comment

Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
        This is disgusting on many levels. I don't know who's worse, Berkowitz or the lying, conniving, money-grubbing woman interviewing him.

Sickens me.

Mike

“You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.”
        ― Charles Manson

Comment

Oo's Berkowitz when ee's at 'ome?

Carol

Comment

Originally posted by Carol View Post
            Oo's Berkowitz when ee's at 'ome?

Carol
            Son of Sam.

Comment

BTW: I'm still not getting the link. Can you post a summary, or a full addy to CP to the browser bar?

Comment

That almost never happens. Jews almost never convert to Christianity. When they leave for another actual religion, it's usually Buddhism.
                The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Unless you want to execute murderers get used to it.

Roy
                  Sink the Bismark

Comment

Originally posted by Errata View Post
                    That almost never happens. Jews almost never convert to Christianity. When they leave for another actual religion, it's usually Buddhism.
                    Berkowitz was adopted. Did his parents go through a Jewish orphanage? otherwise, he might not have originally been Jewish. I know he "looks" very Jewish, but that doesn't really mean anything, especially in the US. You can have a Jewish great-grandparent somewhere, and a Russian grandparent, and come out "looking" Jewish, in spite of being half Norwegian, or even half Chinese.

Given the prejudices back then, they probably did have to go through a Jewish orphanage, but I just don't know for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Corduroy View Post
                      Unless you want to execute murderers get used to it.

Roy
                      Get used to what? would someone please post a link to whatever we're supposed to be talking about? And, New York does have the death penalty now, it just doesn't have a method. So, someone can be sentenced to death, just not executed.

California is in a similar situation: their official charter, or whatever you call it, for executions, requires the presence of a doctor who is licensed in the state of California, and right now, no doctor in California is willing to be present for executions, so California can't actually kill anyone.

Comment

Berkowitz was adopted. Did his parents go through a Jewish orphanage? otherwise, he might not have originally been Jewish. I know he "looks" very Jewish, but that doesn't really mean anything, especially in the US. You can have a Jewish great-grandparent somewhere, and a Russian grandparent, and come out "looking" Jewish, in spite of being half Norwegian, or even half Chinese.

Given the prejudices back then, they probably did have to go through a Jewish orphanage, but I just don't know for sure.
                        I think it was a private adoption, but he did find his birth mother so we know his original parentage. His mother was a poor Jew and his father was either her Italian Catholic husband or her Jewish lover. The husband was long gone by the time she delivered, and her lover threatened to leave if she didn't give up the baby. I think he left anyway. So he really was "biologically" Jewish, but he didn't hang out in an orphanage or anything, so he was pretty much Jewish since birth, even if he had been born to black Baptists.

But it's weird though right?
                        The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Get used to what?
                          Right, sorry. Get used to stories of what convicted murderers do or say behind bars. For the media it's product, or content I think is the newest word for that.

You never hear a peep from Ted Bundy

Roy
                          Sink the Bismark

Comment

RoxAnne Tauriello interviews former Son of Sam David Berkowitz, as he gives his testimony from the Sullivan Correctional Facility in NY.

Here's the link to the show with someone named Roxanne Tauriello; an evangelist. It does seem to me almost poetic that religion and serial murder should be married together in this fashion now that I reflect upon it.

Mike
                            huh?

Comment

Son of Sam.
                              Thank you, Rivkah.

Carol

Comment

Working...
                              X