willam palmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• willam palmer

i know you shouldn't really have a favourite serial killer but next to jack he is one of mine.

Story goes that as he was mounting the scaffold he turned to someone nearby and said, "Are you sure it's safe?"

Graham
    We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

There is an interesting TV program on his case with Keith Allen playing him. Its worryingly easy to have a sort of empathy for him in this and he is shown having a dark sense of humour in that. It is worrying to think that you might find a serial killer a symapthetic character.
      In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

Comment

Originally posted by nugnug View Post
        i know you shouldn't really have a favourite serial killer but next to jack he is one of mine.

http://www.staffspasttrack.org.uk/ex...er/default.htm
        Are you having a laugh?! Favourite serial killer?! Jeez

Comment

Palmer was a real character, illegitimate children all over the shop, and gambling debts up to his ears. But for all that he was, and still is, well thought of around the Rugeley area, and arguments still rage about whether he really was a murderer. Mind you, if you've ever been to Rugeley, it's easy to understand how anyone could commit murder in such a place...

Graham
          We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

there wasn't much evidence to say he had poisoned anybody but i don't know weather that's because he dident or because they just couldn't detect poison very well in those days. the circumstantial case against palmer is strong but there's no concrete proof. i can see your point about rugeley Graham i think if i lived there i might well have been charged with murder.

Comment

Palmer was also portrayed (in an early television play) by Jack Lemmon - with Dame Gladys Cooper as William's mother. It was based on Robert Graves' famous (or infamous) attempt to refute Palmer's guilt: THEY HANGED MY SAINTLY BILLY.

Interestingly no movie has been made of the Doctor's career. I once discussed him in one of my essays.

Comment

the palmer act

Comment

Working...
                X