Most intriguing unsolved non-JtR serial killer cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
    I had a similar list that I assembled in 2001 called The World's Ten Most Wanted For All Time.
    It was a selected top ten from 140 cases on 14 ten most wanted lists from 14 periods in history.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Actually the 140 started with potential murder of King Tut in 1323 B and ended with the slaying of Dalton Mesarchik in 2003.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I have recently developed a passing interest in the 1975 Ann Arbor Hospital Murders. The case is officially unsolved but it's difficult for me not to think that the two women who were originally charged did it.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Both nurses were actually found guilty of the murders but those convictions were later overturned and no further charges were brought.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
            Hi all,

JtR would certainly be one of the most intriguing unsolved serial killer cases but here are my 10 besides him followed by approximate year(s) and location(s).

10-The Babysitter (1976-77) Michigan
            9-Bible John (1968-69) Scotland
            8-The Boston Strangler (1962-64) Massachusetts
            7-The Original Nightstalker (1979-85) California
            6-The Cincinnati Streetcar Killer (1904-10) Ohio
            5-Zodiac (1968-69) California
            4-The New Orleans Axeman (1918-19) Louisiana
            3-Jack the Stripper (1963-65) England
            2-The Texarkana Phantom Killer (1946) Texas/Arkansas
            1-The Cleveland Torso Slayer (1934-38) Ohio

Please add
            The long island serial killer. Case is recent/ongoing and VERY bizarre. 10 bodies discovered, half unidentified, including a toddler and a male in a dress, some remains there as long as 15 years, police beleive could actually be two seperate killers. The killer using one of his victims cell phones to call and taunt from Times Square her younger sister.

The missing girl (who was also a call girl)who started the search that led to the finding of the bodies was also the last body found and police believe that her death was an accident?!?
            Very, Very strange.

Comment

• Yes, I think that one will big as long as it's unsolved.
              Last edited by sdreid; 05-07-2012, 12:08 PM.

Stan Reid

Comment

• The Springfield Three Case began 20 years ago today.

Stan Reid

Comment

• That crime is suspected to possibly be the work of a serial killer.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I see that they have a 99% DNA match between a small time criminal and material found on one of the Babysitter victims. Since the man has no record regarding sex or violent crimes, there is some disagreement as to the significance of this finding.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Now I see they have a second DNA "match" in Babysitter except it's a different person who has no known connection to the other.

Stan Reid

Comment

• But which one had the best soubriquet?
                        Helena Wojtczak BSc (Hons) FRHistS.

Author of 'Jack the Ripper at Last? George Chapman, the Southwark Poisoner'. Click this link : - http://www.hastingspress.co.uk/chapman.html

Comment

• The Boston Strangler

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sreid
                            The Springfield Three Case began 20 years ago today.
                            You mean the West Memphis Three?

New books on many unsolved cases are coming out of the wood work. I read the new one on OJ, am about through the latest Steve Hodel book on the Black Dahlia, and have the new ones on Zodiac and JonBenet (both written by ex-police) ready to go, after I finish 'The Sherlockian'. And on top of all that I have much of the latest issues of NIR and Ripperologist to read. I REALLY need to take a course on speed reading!'

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Hi Tom:

The three women who went missing from Springfield Missouri on June 7 of 1992.
                              Last edited by sdreid; 08-08-2012, 02:00 AM.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                                The long island serial killer. Case is recent/ongoing and VERY bizarre. 10 bodies discovered, half unidentified, including a toddler and a male in a dress, some remains there as long as 15 years, police beleive could actually be two seperate killers. The killer using one of his victims cell phones to call and taunt from Times Square her younger sister.

The missing girl (who was also a call girl)who started the search that led to the finding of the bodies was also the last body found and police believe that her death was an accident?!?
                                Very, Very strange.
                                The male in a dress and the toddler is easy to address - the Long Island Ripper ordered a prostitute online and instead got a guy in a wig who brought a kid along. In a rage he kills them both. Problem is...where's the "man and child missing" news story?

- The fact that he disposed of them in the same way as his other victims suggests he isn't particularly totemistic about the dump sites - it really is just a dump site, not somewhere he goes to "interfere" with the bodies to prolong the thrill of the experience. The bodies hold no particular sexual allure for him after death but he likes knowing where they are and that they are under everyone elses' noses.
                                - He'll be a trophy collector, not a souvenir collector because of this desire to have such a profoundly sick form of power and superiority over others in society.
                                - The fact that he apparently keeps the victims alive for some time, as part of a prolonged process of sexually sadistic activity ending in murder suggests an evolved killer who has killed before and will keep killing.
                                - Picking up prostitutes in the manner he does is also telling; he orders hookers like pizza, making sure they're out of the immediate area - even out of state - to confuse and even kill off any missing person's investigation. And despite his clear arrogance and intelligence, his method is usually employed by social inadequates who can't handle face-to-face encounters with women. This to me suggests he is no "mission" killer out to rid the world of prostitutes (his work was sexually sadistic and private), but neither is he inadequate - he's using any female which fits his fantasy as a pawn in the game he plays to fulfil his sadistic sexual needs. It means he probably "sees" many more internet hookers than he kills, because not all of them fulfil his fantasy. Bra-man and the Boy Wonder probably got it because LIR was preparing a kill based on information on his internet page, information he usually trusts to be correct, regarding appearance, etc. When they turned up he killed them in blind rage.
                                - He's intelligent, psychopathic and highly organised, so he's socially adept in public but arrogant and controlling in private. I believe he's had a string of failed marriages which have each triggered a killing spree during his lifetime. He'll be drawn to jobs which require control, precision and which will enhance his belief in his own importance and righteousness. His coworkers will see him as a moody, unpredictable, perfectionist with a cruel streak in one moment and a friendly, charasmatic sort the next. I hate to say it, but his persistant use of tactics which seem to have come from "Evading Capture By The Police...For Dummies" suggests a law enforcement background. His turbulent personal life and ability to dodge charges of domestic violence suggests he's been at least a detective within the last twenty years.

My profile...?

- White Male
                                - 40 - 50
                                - Lives in Nassau County, Long Island
                                - Has a string of failed marriages behind him, with reasons for separation including domestic violence and infidelity.
                                - Owns property in Suffolk County related to his work, possibly involved in landscaping owing to the use of burlap sacks. Will have an online-based business in relation to this
                                - Was a police officer arguably of at least Detective rank with the NYPD within the last twenty years.

And remember - I'm just a psychology graduate on the internet. I'm more likely to be wrong than right, despite how confident I am. And I am confident about this profile. Not so sure about the detective part, come to think of it, now, but still...one day we'll know 'cos they'll catch the bastard!
                                Last edited by DarkPassenger; 08-16-2012, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X