Most intriguing unsolved non-JtR serial killer cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interesting case

Stan, the "Grim Sleeper" is very interesting case. It seems to add further weight that debunks the myth the serial killers must continue killing until there are caught, dead, or incarcerated. Not only does the Grim Sleeper appear to have stopped killing women for a gap of 14 years, but he also fits the profile of the anonymous "local" guy theory that many of us believe is the likely scenario with JTR. The guy appears to have never even left the area during the entire time of the killings.
    Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Fiddymont View Post
      Sorry, I cannot agree with this. I think the confession was bogus and I am entirely unconvinced that de Salvo was the Strangler. Actually I doubt if de Salvo ever murdered anyone, altho he did commit other crimes.

DNA has pretty much cleared him of the last "Strangler" murder (that of Mary Sullivan), and I'm beginning to agree with some researchers who think that in fact there was more than one "Boston Strangler".

I also find it extremely suspicious that de Salvo was murdered in prison (the murder is still unsolved, BTW!!) shortly before he was allegedly going to "spill the beans" to the press.

I think someone wanted de Salvo to keep his mouth shut, and that someone may well have been a Mr. George Nassar. (Wanna sue me, George? Please do...I could use the money lol!)
      I agree. I think there were at least two probably three Boston Stranglers and De Salvo wasn't any of them.

I'd put money on Nasser being one.He had a lot of contact with De Salvo in Gaol.

Comment

Susan Kelly has a pretty good book on the Strangler case and I believe she thinks that the older group may have been slain by one killer but that the younger victims were likely one-offs. I'm not in total agreement with her but she could be right. In my view, De Salvo was probably responsible for Mary Mullen's death but that was much more like reckless homicide than murder.
        This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkerton View Post
          Stan, the "Grim Sleeper" is very interesting case. It seems to add further weight that debunks the myth the serial killers must continue killing until there are caught, dead, or incarcerated. Not only does the Grim Sleeper appear to have stopped killing women for a gap of 14 years, but he also fits the profile of the anonymous "local" guy theory that many of us believe is the likely scenario with JTR. The guy appears to have never even left the area during the entire time of the killings.

Yes Pinkerton, another of many nails in the coffin of that flawed tenet.

Stan Reid

Comment

I would vote for "The Bloody Benders" of roughly Civil War Era Kansas. Though there was no doubte the Bender family killed several people, none of them were ever captured or tried...

Comment

That's a big case Mack and one of the few that were officially unsolved and pre-Ripper. There is the rumor that the posse caught up to the brood and lynched them. It's a little hard for me to believe that all the band could take that to their graves without telling a sole though.

Stan Reid

Comment

Of course, maybe someone did tell and that's how we know about it. The only other explanation is that somebody just made the tale up.

Stan Reid

Comment

The Benders killed at least 10 men and one girl in 1872-73. There were rumored sightings for years after they vanished; mostly of Kate, the reportedly comely daughter.

Stan Reid

Comment

According to accounts of the murders, Kate was the bait.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                      In my view, De Salvo was probably responsible for Mary Mullen's death but that was much more like reckless homicide than murder.
                      That was the one he actually brought up.

Stan Reid

Comment

Police had that one down for natural causes.

Stan Reid

Comment

Ciudad Juarez

Comment

Hi Stan
                            I am confused. I thought that the nightstalker was Richard Ramirez?

Comment

Hi Abby:

Ramirez was The Nightstallker but The Original Nightstalker is a different case. I guess they're running out of names for serial killers and have to recycle.
                              Last edited by sdreid; 02-03-2011, 12:16 AM.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                                Hi Abby:

Ramirez was The Nightstallker but The Original Nightstalker is a different case. I guess they're running out of names for serial killers and have to recycle.
                                Thanks stan got it! Found it on Wiki.

Comment

Working...
                                X