Most intriguing unsolved non-JtR serial killer cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Boston Strangler
    Absolutely the best soubriquet (barring of course JtR) Stan...it was one which haunted my childhood and will go with me to my grave...

All the best

Dave

Comment

• Really, what could beat Jack the Ripper.

I don't know if you could consider 'The killers on the moors' a soubriquet, but that one always got me, in a Hound of the Baskervilles kind of way.

If that isn't one, next in line; The Night Stalker.

Comment

• I guess I "like" Boston Strangler because it tells us where and how in just the two words besides (not to trivialize the tragic events) sounding a bit frightful.
        This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by Beowulf View Post
          If that isn't one, next in line; The Night Stalker.
          Yes, that one was so good they recycled it for another killer.

There are at least three Lipstick Killers.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Then there are silly ones like Grim Sleeper.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Some cases like BTK keep their unsolved name even after they are solved.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I remember the Ted Bundy case before he was identified but I don't recall was it was called.

Stan Reid

Comment

• However, I do believe it was called the "Ted Case" by some after he gave his actual Christian name to one of the women he tried to "befriend" at Lake Sammamish.

Stan Reid

Comment

• In the early days, there was conjecture that the Ted Case might be connected to the California Occult Murders which are still unsolved.

Stan Reid

Comment

• The Occult Murders occurred in 1972-74.

Stan Reid

Comment

• These are often referred to as the California Occult Murders to distinguish them for murders of this type in other areas.

Stan Reid

Comment

• It has also been mentioned that some remnant of the Manson Family could have been responsible for the California Occult Murders.

Stan Reid

Comment

• There would be a lot in the book written by Fromme (Squeaky, if I'm correct) about the Family, but she will never publish it.

Comment

• Historys 10 most wanted seial killers:

1. Jack the Ripper
                              2. Zodiac
                              3. Monster of Florence
                              4. The Original Nightstalker
                              5. The Butcher of Kingsbury Run(AKA Cleveland Torso Killer)
                              6. Ciudad Juarez
                              7. New Orleans Axe Murderer
                              8. Texarkana Phantom
                              9. The Servant Girl Annihilator
                              10. The Long Island Serial Killer

Comment

• Those are all big ones Abby - Thanks!

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X