No announcement yet.

British Serial Killers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come to think of it, we used to live near a bustop and my cat went missing.

The guy is a monster, his ex claimed he beat and rape her all the time, so why come forward now!!

I am aware that Love makes one blind and all that but this guy was a total nutcase!
    Regards Mike

Comment

Yet another serial killer in the Uk, with a tally (so far) of 4.

Ladies and gents yet another killer doctor with a passion for injecting patients.

Colin Norris is his name!!
      Regards Mike

Comment

That's three serial killers convicted in two weeks.

We're running out of serial killers!

There were none recorded last year - besides catch-up cases like Tobin, who was already in jail - and so far none active this year either.

But by my maths, there are probably at least four active at any time...

Comment

So by your theory buddy we still have one at large, coincidently I awoke this morning to hear of to attempted Child abductions, add this to "Shannon of Dewsbury" going missing, do you believe we may have a Child Killer at large?

I hope not, but the way things are in the UK I guess you can't rule out anything.

Mike
          Regards Mike

Comment

Yup, never thought about that. I hope it's not a Robert Black style SK, but who knows.

BTW - Colin Norris was investigated by CSI Chris Gregg, who was intimiately involved in the Yorkshire Ripper hunt, and the recent arrest of Wearside Jack.

Comment

Hi all.
              No one's mentioned John Haigh Or Neville Heath along with Christie the most famous of post war serial killers.Cream is not a British serial killer, even though his murders took place in London. Does nationality count? Or Is it just location? What is the difference between a mass murderer and a serial killer? Miss Marple

Comment

I am a bit funny about classing Haigh as a serial killer due to his ambiguous motive, which appears to be almost purely financial.

A serial killer is a relativley motivless murderer with a pathological need to kill, seperated by cooling off periods. A serial killer must kill three or more victims with a cooling off period, and with no personal or financial motive to kill individual motives. However, this is extended to include people like Levi Bellfield, who murdered at least two victims.

A mass murderer kills loads of people at one location - like Columbine. However, the V-Tech killer Cho Seung Hui is actually a spree killer, because he murdered at two different locations as part of the same event.

Comment

The number should be two. If a person kills two people then waits 6 weeks, moves to another state, kills another person and a different individual kills one person then waits 6 weeks, moves to another state, kills another person, then the first is a serial killer and the other is not? By the three definition that would be the case and it doesn't make sense. Each killed on one occasion, in one location then had a 6 week cooling off period and killed in another location.

The cooling off period is the important thing not some number someone decided to pick out of the air. A cooling off period only requires two murders.
                  Last edited by sdreid; 03-05-2008, 12:27 AM.
                  This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Angel of Death

Here he is, Nurse Collin Norris, yet another insulin killer,

Sky News delivers breaking news, headlines and top stories from business, politics, entertainment and more in the UK and worldwide.

Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                      The number should be two. If a person kills two people then waits 6 weeks, moves to another state, kills another person and a different individual kills one person then waits 6 weeks, moves to another state, kills another person, then the first is a serial killer and the other is not? By the three definition that would be the case and it doesn't make sense. Each killed on one occasion, in one location then had a 6 week cooling off period and killed in another location.

The cooling off period is the important thing not some number someone decided to pick out of the air. A cooling off period only requires two murders.
                      Agree. Paul Brumfitt is included as a serial killer by some because he murdered two men, for making gay advances to him, in the 70s, he went to prison for 15 years and then murdered a prostitute after being released. Motive is important here, as is Brumfitt's mental state, so whether or not he is a serial killer is a matter of contention. I say no, but that's just me.

Comment

Hi Dark,

Yes, I think about everyone has their own definition.

To further complicate things, I divide the currently referred to mass murderers into two groups. One group would be ones who kill one by one in the same area like Columbine and the ones who kill a multiple by a single action like the Oklahoma City Bomber.

Stan Reid

Comment

P.S.

And then you have things like serial mass murderers.

Stan Reid

Comment

That's definition for ya.

Comment

And here's me thinking I am just getting the hang of these classifications.
                              Regards Mike

Comment

My definitions are what count to me, and yours are what count to you. Let's make that our classification on this board!

Comment

Working...
                                X